New CFL Uniforms & Logos 2023

Wackyriderfan14

Stampeders logo for National Day for Truth and Reconciliation that's going on the helmets.

Screenshot-3.png

Designed by Jacob Alexis, Richard Running Rabbit and Siksika Health Services CEO Dr. Tyler White, the basic concept for the special logo to be worn on the Stampeders’ helmets emulates the Contemporary Plains Style Traditional Art. The symbols used are paint styles that would be used for horses on special occasions including going into battle: Lightning bolts for speed and agility, stripes for acts of valour, paint around the eye for keen vision, feathers also for valour or to represent coups and the spotted hind quarter representing creation stories and teachings.

The handprint on the chest represents a fierce, fearless horse who would knock down enemies and bring the rider home unharmed.

They are also wearing accompanying helmet numbers and helmet stripe.

Screenshot-4.png

• Like 5

IbjBaeE.png

Here's the Indigenous-inspired logo for the REDBLACKS:

927-Ottawa-1-750x476.jpg

More details on the team's website.

Inside the logo, there are two significant elements. The first one is what is known as the medicine wheel. It’s a white, yellow, red, and black wheel that has been used for generations for health and healing. But the meanings are nearly endless, [designer Mike] Ivall says.

“It represents direction, unity, elements of the culture, and all of the races,” Ivall said. “It’s everything that we hold value for.”

The second major element is on the bottom right side. Ivall describes it as a “squiggly line,” but adds that it means far more than that.

To him, it’s the creator. It symbolizes everything that is, was, or ever will be.

“I put him in everything,” Ivall explained. “For me, he is everything. The creator is me, and it’s you. We’re all connected through that. He surrounds everything. It’s a big part of me right now.”

Edited by officeglenn
  • Like 1

The Argos are wearing special helmets for their 150th anniversary game. The regular logo will be replaced by the 150th "Pull Together" boat.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2023 at 8:58 PM, NFLfan42 said:

Montreal going with standard home Blue over Blue for the Grey Cup. Winnipeg standard road uni White over Gold, which they have worn the three previous years in the Grey cup.

I wonder why the Bombers went with the whites every year for four years straight, regardless of whether the Grey Cup was in the East or West?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2023 at 7:58 AM, zubazpirate said:

I wonder why the Bombers went with the whites every year for four years straight, regardless of whether the Grey Cup was in the East or West?

2019 they were road for all their playoff games

2021 they were the road team

2022 they won the previous two in white

2023 they were the road team

• Like 1

yUTIIqk.png

• 3 weeks later...