New CFL Uniforms & Logos 2023

Wackyriderfan14

45 minutes ago, ujju2 said:

The antler may have been an objectively good look, but it was not a subjectively good look.  The EE is iconic in Edmonton, and going away from it (or the Esks name for that matter) was a mistake in the first place.

I think had they moved up the Elks name but kept the EE helmet the transition to using the antler helmets part time would've been accepted and lauded. Instead there was push back by the anti change crowd regardless what the change was. 

• Like 3

Isn't the Toronto Argonauts organization the oldest extant North American professional sports organization to still be using some version of its original name? Sorry, but a team with that branding legacy shouldn't be embracing this type of sartorial trendiness. At the very least, there should be - as others have noted - a more equitable balance of Oxford Blue and Cambridge Blue by the "Double Blue".

• Like 4
  • Yawn 1

26 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

Isn't the Toronto Argonauts organization the oldest extant North American professional sports organization to still be using some version of its original name? Sorry, but a team with that branding legacy shouldn't be embracing this type of sartorial trendiness. At the very least, there should be - as others have noted - a more equitable balance of Oxford Blue and Cambridge Blue by the "Double Blue".

Other older organizations have tried to update their look, why should they be different? At least they aren't going the 2015 Browns route. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 5/23/2023 at 6:49 PM, Sykotyk said:

I think had they moved up the Elks name but kept the EE helmet the transition to using the antler helmets part time would've been accepted and lauded. Instead there was push back by the anti change crowd regardless what the change was. 

I also think they needed to try the antlers instead of just sticking with the EE. People would have looked at it as the same uniform as they used under the old name. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2023 at 9:37 AM, MJWalker45 said:

Hamilton still wore plain black pants yesterday. I guess the new pants aren't all in yet?

I think I've read before that they might use old uniforms in training camp, so not necessarily a sign of things to come.

So not only do we get the Oregon-esque shoulder "oars," we also get a boat oar pants stripe, and a numeral font that tries to make a standard block font proprietary by randomly adding and removing serifs and diagonal cuts.

Really reinforcing the stereotype that Canadian pop culture is 10-15 years behind American at all times, here. This set cannot get gone soon enough.

• Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

20 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

This set cannot get gone soon enough.

Agreed.

I also hate the helmet. It looks much worse on TV than it did in the promotional pictures. 
I think the logo just kind of blends in, if that makes sense? 

I get it, there is a history of the Argo wearing this colour helmet going back to the first non-leather helmets and this is the 150th anniversary season. There's also a reason they haven't had this colour as the primary colour on their helmet since the late 50s/early 60s. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

10 hours ago, Delicate Genius said:

Calgary looks pretty good this season.

Yeah, I think they have the best set this year. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)