New CFL Uniforms & Logos 2023

Wackyriderfan14

Inexplicably the Ticats are back to wearing their solid black pants with no stripe for tonight’s game against the Argos?! Are we to believe they have two sets of black pants this season. Is there a limit to the number of pants a team can have?

really disappointing for their look. I thought they had left the solid coloured pants in the trash for good

1 hour ago, Typhoon said:

Inexplicably the Ticats are back to wearing their solid black pants with no stripe for tonight’s game against the Argos?! Are we to believe they have two sets of black pants this season. Is there a limit to the number of pants a team can have?

really disappointing for their look. I thought they had left the solid coloured pants in the trash for good

Not sure why they're wearing all black either. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 6/18/2023 at 11:37 PM, SSmith48 said:

The new Toronto uniforms look more like a double-blue Oregon Ducks ripoff than something for a team named the Argos. It just doesn't look right.

The oars were a gimmicky mistake because it just looks like a blatant Oregon ripoff.

The rest is good, though. The Cambridge Blue is nice. I think it just needs some contrast, a solid colour from top to bottom works for some colours but not this one. Maybe Oxford Blue or White pants might have worked better with those jerseys?

That said, this new look is definitely an improvement over the ludicrously minimalist look the Argos have had over the past couple of seasons. But I still don't think it measures up to the peak Argos look of the early 80s. As good as the "new" boat logo is, that bit of football brown in there back in the old days just took it to the next level.

4 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

How come Montreal's new alternate hasn't been leaked/released yet?? 👀

The initial thing posted here from their promotional schedule made it sound like the jerseys won't be unveiled until the day of the first game they're wearing them.

• Sad 1

IbjBaeE.png

20 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Here's a little something for you

Lots or red I assume. And the old logos as pants stripe?

• Love 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 6/20/2023 at 6:15 PM, AFirestormToPurify said:

On 6/21/2023 at 2:18 PM, Jer15 said:

Here's a little something for you

Lots or red I assume. And the old logos as pants stripe?

They snuck them out yesterday.

Pretty classic football look. Not that there's anything wrong with that but I do wish the helmet striping was used instead.

• Like 3

IbjBaeE.png

On 6/17/2023 at 9:50 AM, DCarp1231 said:

Crazy to me at how well of a job New Era is doing with uniforms.

I feel like they are missing more than hitting. Like some teams they will absolutely hit on some things but also miss on some other things. 

Edmonton’s white numbers on the home come to mind. 

Toronto is definitely a downgrade and all they seem to do is just mess up their branding. 

the insistence of these colour rush uniforms is also kinda bland. New Era has no concept of how to use pants effectively. Like using the blue pants for the Bombers home and away is the biggest example. 

Montreal could benefit greatly from using navy pants on that new Alt with red socks. BC’s pants need to swap on their sets. Toronto needs to add navy pants and ditch the white ones. 

Saskatchewan is practically the only team to not be touched by New Era and their odd concepts. 

Calgary is almost a win? Add Ottawa to that as well. Two out of three uniforms that are good or great and one that is lacking. For Calgary it’s their new home and away that are great and the use of contrasting pants and retro elements were fantastic. Wish they kept the retro logo on the sleeves. 

Ottawa just needs a better home and I think they are solid and love the use of plaid and colour on the away. And the Alt is serviceable for what they need it to do. Would love a Rough Riders retro though. 

but overall, they could do better. And New Era along with Adidas need to do some sort of league wide thing. Like Reebok was so good, honestly yes the initial 2005 roll out was rocky but they recovered with cool initiatives like the retro weeks and the 2012 redesigns were cool too.

• Like 1

zyyMk1d.png

On 6/27/2023 at 11:44 AM, clonewars2008 said:

I feel like they are missing more than hitting. Like some teams they will absolutely hit on some things but also miss on some other things. 

Edmonton’s white numbers on the home come to mind. 

Toronto is definitely a downgrade and all they seem to do is just mess up their branding. 

the insistence of these colour rush uniforms is also kinda bland. New Era has no concept of how to use pants effectively. Like using the blue pants for the Bombers home and away is the biggest example. 

Montreal could benefit greatly from using navy pants on that new Alt with red socks. BC’s pants need to swap on their sets. Toronto needs to add navy pants and ditch the white ones. 

Saskatchewan is practically the only team to not be touched by New Era and their odd concepts. 

Calgary is almost a win? Add Ottawa to that as well. Two out of three uniforms that are good or great and one that is lacking. For Calgary it’s their new home and away that are great and the use of contrasting pants and retro elements were fantastic. Wish they kept the retro logo on the sleeves. 

Ottawa just needs a better home and I think they are solid and love the use of plaid and colour on the away. And the Alt is serviceable for what they need it to do. Would love a Rough Riders retro though. 

but overall, they could do better. And New Era along with Adidas need to do some sort of league wide thing. Like Reebok was so good, honestly yes the initial 2005 roll out was rocky but they recovered with cool initiatives like the retro weeks and the 2012 redesigns were cool too.

The teams generally decide what pants to wear. It’s not New Era telling them they have to go mono

• Like 1

yUTIIqk.png

On 6/28/2023 at 6:35 PM, Wackyriderfan14 said:

The teams generally decide what pants to wear. It’s not New Era telling them they have to go mono

Funny thing came up with an interview with Joe Thomas years ago around his retirement. The big guys on the team always wanted to wear the dark pants and not white pants. So, when left up to the team, players have a large block who will probably always favor the dark pants. And if you ever saw the nearly seethrough white pants stretch, you can understand why the bigger players would prefer the darker colors.

White pants were just more common because you could just bleach them and they'd be clean. Modern washing doesn't have as many issues. Especially these fabrics

On 6/28/2023 at 6:35 PM, Wackyriderfan14 said:

I mean it’s clear new era is designing these uniforms to go with the pants. Not having choice in them at all. 

zyyMk1d.png

13 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

Riders busting out the retros early this year. 

I hope it's early and often........or permanent. 

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)