New CFL Uniforms & Logos 2023

Wackyriderfan14

1 hour ago, M4One said:

I like the new helmet for the Argos.  I think that colour is underutilized in sports, at least at the pro level.  But, they need to do more with the jersey inself.

EVen just going back to the previous jerseys would be an improvement.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Reading the last two posts about the Argos, I made these concepts last month. The idea of using more light blue (because it stands out in its own form) and some history behind the uniforms gave me the curiosity to create something.  So basically something led to something. It's not often I plug my own stuff but ... 

Spoiler

jUfvubj.png

bDVbLXC.png

• Like 6

4kv29i.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOO

Honestly  it's a nice colour but the Argos should be wearing dark blue helmets. Maybe white. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

18 minutes ago, Davey said:

Reading the last two posts about the Argos, I made these concepts last month. The idea of using more light blue (because it stands out in its own form) and some history behind the uniforms gave me the curiosity to create something.  So basically something led to something. It's not often I plug my own stuff but ... 

Hide contents

jUfvubj.png

bDVbLXC.png

These are great. I really like this

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

So the Alouettes announced their home game themes today, and buried in the notes about the July 1 "Family Game" is a little nugget about unveiling a third uniform (see below). Not sure if it means they'll be worn during that game or just unveiled at some point during it. Here's the announcement in French; interestingly it isn't mentioned in the English-language announcement.

Enfin belle surprise avec le dévoilement du 3e uniforme de l’équipe. (Finally, a big surprise with the unveiling of the team's third uniform.)

• Love 1

4 hours ago, officeglenn said:

So the Alouettes announced their home game themes today, and buried in the notes about the July 1 "Family Game" is a little nugget about unveiling a third uniform (see below). Not sure if it means they'll be worn during that game or just unveiled at some point during it. Here's the announcement in French; interestingly it isn't mentioned in the English-language announcement.

They better be good cause I just bought a pair of tickets lmao

On 5/5/2023 at 12:06 PM, DCarp1231 said:

I still don’t understand how the Elks-

1) Didn’t keep the antler helmet

Easily a fireable decision.  Just...the epitome of brand suicide.

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

Easily a fireable decision.  Just...the epitome of brand suicide.

The EE on the helmet is the brand. Part of the reason Elks was chosen was because it kept the EE and the new name was always going to start with an E.

The antler on the helmet didn't work in person from the stands IMO. It *didn't have the same line weight *nor the size/prominence as something like the Rams, Vikings or Eagles, it just looked like a twig on the helmet.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

IbjBaeE.png

11 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

The EE on the helmet is the brand. Part of the reason Elks was chosen was because it kept the EE and the new name was always going to start with an E.

The antler on the helmet didn't work in person from the stands IMO. It the same line weight or size/prominence as something like the Rams, Vikings or Eagles, it just looked like a twig on the helmet.

100% correct.

As much as I appreciate the idea of the antler helmet, it wasn't substantial enough to carry the helmet. And the antler placement looked wrong, even though it was appropriate based upon the location of an elk's actual antlers. 

What they did last year, in reverting to the classic EE logo and using the antler secondary on the sleeves, was the perfect compromise and evolution of the brand. It was the choice they should've made from the start. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Yeah, well, you're wrong and stuff

This has been a quality post, and you're welcome for being blessed to have read it

• Applause 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter