New CFL Uniforms & Logos 2023

Wackyriderfan14

It's about freaking time. 

It's been such a small detail that's been missing but it makes the uniform look significantly better. 

• Like 3

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I just can't get used to that colour on the helmet

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

18 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Is an Argonaut a bird? I'm so confused.

New Era clearly mixed up an Argonaut and an Alouette 

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

There aren't great?

They're supposed to be oars I gather, but Oregon Argonauts.

At least they didn't copy Western Michigan and Minnesota?

Western Michigan's Zach Terrell, Corey Davis 'Grow Higher' together

34 Gregory Sweeney Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

Minnesota unveils new uniforms with more than 100 available combinations

I'm not sure why they went away from a navy jersey either.

numbers.jpg

Overall, I like the look, but this needs navy blue jerseys and pants somewhere in the design. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm not sure why they went away from a navy jersey either.

numbers.jpg

Overall, I like the look, but this needs navy blue jerseys and pants somewhere in the design. 

I would agree more navy blue is needed in the set, especially in the pants and socks, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the jerseys and pants have to be predominantly navy blue. The Cambridge blue is a bold choice that brings what was a secondary colour into a new standing. It's unique in the CFL and pretty much across North American pro football, at least in the proportion they're using it in. 

Pardon the second Simpsons GIF in quick succession, but ...

mr-burns-art-critic.gif

• Like 4

The Argonauts seem to have an aversion to being truly "double blue"... they always seem to want to be just one or the other. It's rare that they ever have a look that makes effective use of both shades.

This is not a bad look, its charm lies more in the fact that it is very modern in terms of the design touches as opposed to being exceptionally well executed. I agree with the posters who have said that it needs more of the Oxford Blue. Maybe in the pants or otherwise. As it stands this looks like a great alt but not quite right as a primary. The previous poster does make a good point that it's a unique look in pro football, so I suppose I have to give the Argos their due on that front.

Finally, maybe this is just my thriftiness, but I'd be slightly annoyed if I was an Argonauts fan. Anyone who bought the previous Argos jersey (the glorified practice jersey with no striping) got screwed. Now not only are they stuck with the same plain jane jersey, it's the wrong colour now.

6 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

It's unique in the CFL and pretty much across North American pro football, at least in the proportion they're using it in. 

You must be forgetting about the other Greek mythology themed pro football team that wears double blue.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Just now, officeglenn said:

I would agree more navy blue is needed in the set, especially in the pants and socks, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the jerseys and pants have to be predominantly navy blue. The Cambridge blue is a bold choice that brings what was a secondary colour into a new standing. It's unique in the CFL and pretty much across North American pro football, at least in the proportion they're using it in. 

Pardon the second Simpsons GIF in quick succession, but ...

mr-burns-art-critic.gif

I don't hate it either, but I'd like to see CCN or CNC as options in the future. So these with Columbia lids:

Harvard Wins 49-21 Decision Over Football - Columbia University Athletics

Or this with Columbia jerseys

Toronto Argonauts' Andrew Harris preparing for 'last go at it' in CFL |  Toronto Sun

Different blue but same idea

The Hamburg Sea Devils team high-five during the NFL Europe match... News  Photo - Getty Images

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I don't mind it. I like the color scheme. I don't get the "Wings" on the shoulders. I don't know what it represents, let alone anything related to the team and name.

It has a futuristic vibe to it. It will grow on me. I have no choice lol.

4kv29i.jpg

6 minutes ago, Davey said:

I don't mind it. I like the color scheme. I don't get the "Wings" on the shoulders. I don't know what it represents, let alone anything related to the team and name.

It has a futuristic vibe to it. It will grow on me. I have no choice lol.

Boat Oars

On 5/5/2023 at 11:06 AM, DCarp1231 said:

I still don’t understand how the Elks-

1) Didn’t keep the antler helmet

2) Didn’t attempt to shape the EE into an antler

The antler may have been an objectively good look, but it was not a subjectively good look.  The EE is iconic in Edmonton, and going away from it (or the Esks name for that matter) was a mistake in the first place.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1