New CFL Uniforms & Logos 2023

Wackyriderfan14

1 hour ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

Probably could turn this into a 2023 thread

Looks like Calgary is going white face masks. It’s a good look. Hoping the bumpers and chinstrap are also changed by May however 

If they're going white masks, I hope everything else would change too. But if it's not there now, I would assume no...

• Like 2

IbjBaeE.png

I don't have access to desktop Twitter right now, but the Stamps posted James Vaughters' free agent signing introduction photos and he's holding the retro jersey, but it's got the current Stamps logo on the sleeves. The anniversary jersey, which they kept for last season, had the retro Stampeders logo on it.

Probably a sign of what's to come.

IbjBaeE.png

5 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I don't have access to desktop Twitter right now, but the Stamps posted James Vaughters' free agent signing introduction photos and he's holding the retro jersey, but it's got the current Stamps logo on the sleeves. The anniversary jersey, which they kept for last season, had the retro Stampeders logo on it.

Probably a sign of what's to come.

FrRZXJOaYAI6AAp?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 4:52 PM, monkeypower said:

FrRZXJOaYAI6AAp?format=jpg&name=large

Looking at this photo again, I wish the Stampeders had taken the time to standardize the horse logo to using the primary logo everywhere. The logo on the sleeves and the helmet doesn't match the primary logo (kind of like a Yankees thing).

21530903.jpg

Calgary Stampeders Logo Primary Logo (2019-Pres) -  SportsLogos.Net

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

• officeglenn changed the title to New CFL Uniforms & Logos 2023
  • 2 weeks later...

New Grey Cup logo and template!

BEFORE:

byDkZt7.png

AFTER:

tKLDxQp.jpg

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 2 weeks later...

Sad to see another team going full-time monochrome. It amazes me that teams and players seem to prefer  the unitard look over the traditional contrasting top and bottom.   Also, sorry to see the home blacks have no piping on the orange numbers. 

Edited by paulwoods13
added comment
  • Like 3
  • Yawn 1

7 hours ago, Bmac said:

I actually love the gray jersey. But I wish they'd swap the pants: gray with the black jersey and black with the gray jersey.

I think the black jersey with the grey pants would work but I don't know about the grey jersey with the black pants. I think black/grey/black would be a tough sell to be a light/away uniform.

---

The Stamps will be unveiling their new jerseys next Tuesday. 

IbjBaeE.png

Overall I I think the Lions have upgraded. The black uniform gives me strong Cleveland Browns alternate vibes, and I wish they would have leaned into an orange primary, but they look better than they did before.

I do wish they’d bring the helmet stripe back as well.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, M4One said:

They look nice.  I do wish they kept orange as the primary since there's now 3 black teams in a 9 team league.  

I miss the era when there were 7 different coloured helmets used in the league.

• Like 2