2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

The Bills are an interesting case for me.

I actually kind of like the navy accents, but it also might do them well to drop navy in order to declutter things. 

I do find the inconsistencies in striping annoying, but I think each application of the striping is best for where it’s at, if that makes sense. For example, I don’t think any attempt to match all of the stripes would look better than their current iteration (I’ve tried).

I’d probably prefer them go back to the red helmet, but the white helmet looks really good, too.

In essence, I think they could definitely benefit by streamlining & simplifying things and going with a red helmet, but I also think they manage to look really good as-is, despite defying some common requirements for a good uniform design.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buffalo’s navy accents are especially forced and egregious on the road whites. That’s where I have the biggest problem with them.

spacer.png

It’s at its worse on the numbers, where it competes with and lessens the impact of the red outline. But also, look closer and it’s applied in three different, inconsistent ways: on the helmet, it borders blue-red-blue. On the sleeve stripes and collar, it’s within the colors instead and bordered by red and blue or blue and red depending on order. And then there’s the aforementioned numbers, where it’s bordering red-blue. 

It all looks random, forced, and the team’s core colors are interacting differently in three different areas of the uniform because of thier order and especially where the navy trim is placed.

Its not quite as noticeable on the home blues because the navy is less stark against royal blue, but it’s especially noticeable and blatant against the road whites. It’s a problem I’ve never been able to unsee since the set’s debut.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

How is that a false start against the 49ers #71?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

...and the Cowboys lose yet another road game in their own stadium.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, BBTV said:

...and the Cowboys lose yet another road game in their own stadium.  

I believe you were aiming for the Sports in General thread with the exact same title..

6uXNWAo.png

11 minutes ago, Cujo said:

I believe you were aiming for the Sports in General thread with the exact same title..

Let me rephrase in a more sports-uniforms-appropriate context: the Cowboys lost while wearing white at home in what was essentially a road game.  Maybe it's time to either rethink the home uniform, or get fans that don't sell all the tickets to the visiting team's supporters.  Or just scrap the whole thing and start over.  "Dallas Football Team" has a ring to it.

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Let me rephrase in a more sports-uniforms-appropriate context: the Cowboys lost while wearing white at home in what was essentially a road game.  Maybe it's time to either rethink the home uniform, or get fans that don't sell all the tickets to the visiting team's supporters.  Or just scrap the whole thing and start over.  "Dallas Football Team" has a ring to it.

Ah.. I thought this was a shot at Dallas, housing 50% San Fransisco fans inside their stadium today.

I'll show myself out. Again.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived