2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

18 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

If LA is granted permission, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we ended up with modern throwback jersey and blue pants-socks for the super bowl

spacer.png

I don't see them wearing blue pants since they have worn the Sol pants the entire postseason so far. 

spacer.png

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If KC wins, could see them say something like, "f it, it's rare for a team to go to three Super Bowls in a row, we wore home set for the first two and went 1-1, we're going to switch it up and wear the normal away white over red set this go around." Especially if it's against LA.

2 hours ago, Primzahl said:

If KC wins, could see them say something like, "f it, it's rare for a team to go to three Super Bowls in a row, we wore home set for the first two and went 1-1, we're going to switch it up and wear the normal away white over red set this go around." Especially if it's against LA.

I wouldn't mind that paired with the Rams in blue over yellow, which we missed it out on in that 2018 matchup. Plus the Rams play at KC next season anyway.

6 hours ago, JayMac said:

It's sad that the Rams best combo (royal blue and sol) still looks bad. How.many years until they can change?

Hate to be the bearer of possible bad news, but the Rams don't necessarily hate their redesign just because people in this forum do.  Especially if they keep having success in it, I could see it sticking around like the Seahawks has, for instance. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

Hate to be the bearer of possible bad news, but the Rams don't necessarily hate their redesign just because people in this forum do.  Especially if they keep having success in it, I could see it sticking around like the Seahawks has, for instance. 

Oh, I completely agree with you. I could definitely see them sticking with it. I'm just attempting to commiserate with the forum.

4 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Case in point: how long did the Bengals have their last look and how long have the Cardinals had their current look

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

23 hours ago, QCS said:

I have no idea what you're talking about, just cross-checked GUD with Panthers playoff seasons and they have never worn blue in the playoffs.

Huh, that's really weird. I don't know why I remember it then. Maybe I'm getting it confused with them trying to do it then?

bSLCtu2.png

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Huh, that's really weird. I don't know why I remember it then. Maybe I'm getting it confused with them trying to do it then?

I thought it too, but maybe I was thinking of when they wore all black and considered that an 'alt' look that I didn't know (at the time) was allowed.  It's weird how strongly I feel that I've seen them in blue in the playoffs, even though there's pretty strong evidence against it ever happening.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 1/24/2022 at 9:50 PM, Germanshepherd said:

Off the top of my head I don’t recall this happening, when was this?

The Chargers were the first team who came to mind. They wore their powder blues in a home Wild-Card game against the Colts. I wanna say it was 2008 or something just off the top of my head. It’s rare, but it has happened. 

For one, I’m really glad the NFL is really strict on alternates in the playoffs. I like that teams have to wear their home and away uniforms. Some leagues would do well to follow in their footsteps (looking at you NBA and MLB).

If the league doesn’t allow LA to wear their superior white “throwbacks” then I hope they wear bone and blue if they beat SF this weekend. That combo doesn’t look that bad all things considered. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

53 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

The Chargers were the first team who came to mind. They wore their powder blues in a home Wild-Card game against the Colts. I wanna say it was 2008 or something just off the top of my head. It’s rare, but it has happened. 

For one, I’m really glad the NFL is really strict on alternates in the playoffs. I like that teams have to wear their home and away uniforms. Some leagues would do well to follow in their footsteps (looking at you NBA and MLB).

If the league doesn’t allow LA to wear their superior white “throwbacks” then I hope they wear bone and blue if they beat SF this weekend. That combo doesn’t look that bad all things considered. 

You were right. 2008 Wild Card.

https://youtu.be/rmw6mdZp6pw

Do the rams really want to wear white or is that everyone’s dream cause it’s better? I mean they did sign off on using bone instead of white in the first place. They could have at least set the bone as the alternate like the gray Seahawks…even though the bone rams is more of a stretch than gray for Seattle. I hope they do get to wear bone so years later we can look back and say wtf were those uniforms.

KISSwall09.jpg

11 hours ago, hormone said:

Do the rams really want to wear white or is that everyone’s dream cause it’s better? I mean they did sign off on using bone instead of white in the first place. They could have at least set the bone as the alternate like the gray Seahawks…even though the bone rams is more of a stretch than gray for Seattle. I hope they do get to wear bone so years later we can look back and say wtf were those uniforms.

That goes through my head every single time this gets brought up. They voluntarily wear the mono-bone, including socks, a few times a year. If it were something they didn't like, they would wear as little as possible.  

Archived