Zephyr x line-

sanq

I must admit the Ticats one looks pretty good. Nice steel city reference there.

No Bombers one... I guess they've got to save the best for last. But then again, there's no Stamps one, so there goes that theory. I kid, I kid...

I agree that they could've done more with the Argos, but I like Montreal's (not much changing needed, more of an angle adjustment), Hamilton's, and Ottawas. Saskatchewan's is a little too modern for my taste. I would've saved the spur for Calgary, and left Saskatchewan with something more impressive (like a stalk of wheat  :D ).

Saskatchewan, the province where you can watch your dog run away all day.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else notice that the color of the football in the CFL logo matches the team primary color?

I'm sure the league wouldn't allow an entire line of CFL Zhats be relased for "most" of the teams in the league. I'm sure the others will be released.

Gawd forbid Bomber fans think the league is screwing them out of something else.   :P

I kinda like the Argos cap, but that Ti-Cat looks like he just woke up with a hangover. "Uuuugh, Danny Mac is hurt again?"  :cool:

Alouettes_roadsign.pngBlueJays_roadsign.pngExpos_roadsign.png

Does anyone else notice that the color of the football in the CFL logo matches the team primary color?

Hey, good eye. I think that works well, especially with the few colours that there are in the league. (For anyone who doesn't see it quite yet, look on the left side of the hats... our left.)

Winnipeg's been screwed over enough times, we are not going to let it happen again.  :laugh:

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

As a Montreal and Toronto fan (those being the Canadian cities I make it to), I am not inspired to spend my money on those hats.  Toronto is boring.  Why not put an Argonaut on it?  Even that stupid football with a sail would have been better.  As for Montreal, as others have noticed, I do not want to be mistaken for a Thrashers fan.

Thank you.

Rob

Being from Toronto, I hate to admit that the TiCats one looks good and Argos one looks bad! Too bad the Bombers and Eskimos hats are not shown (yet).

I agree, if I wasn't an Argos fan I'd pick up that Ti-Cats cap.  But I dont mind the Argos cap, I might still pick it up, of course I do get a discount at SkyDome  :cool:

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• 2 weeks later...

For sure. You know. Of course I'm not upset that Hamilton got two before Winnipeg got one. They have to live with Danny McManus and Ron Lancaster. One's a chubby ex-quarterback whose hey-day was back in the sixties, and the other one's a crotchety head coach! :;): J/K

I'm pretty impressed so far, can't wait for the blue and gold ones.

Wait, that's not a second Hamilton one, it's an Eskies hat! My bad...

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

the esks one looks like something baylor would use, the stamps one is kinda blah, and the riders one makes me ask the same question their regular logo does: what the hell is that supposed to be?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

All in all, a pretty typical "spread" of quality for a project like this. The British Columbia, Hamilton and Montreal designs are easily the best of the lot. Frankly, the BC and Hamilton logos are outstanding. As for the Alouettes treatment, very well done for what amounts to a simple change in perspective. Following that top three, I would then slot in Saskatchewan, Edmonton and Calgary. I like the combiantion of ideas in the Roughriders logo - i.e. the spur design combined with the iconic depiction of a horse's mane. I suspect that use of an Eskimo depiction in the Edmonton design was avoided out of "PC" concerns. I like the nice, simple rendering of the polar bear paw print - classic looking. I'm not sure why I'm not more enthusiastic about the Calgary design, but something about it just rubs me the wrong way. The Ottawa design does nothing for me... most likely because I'm not a huge fan of the official team logo that it's based on. As for the Argonauts design... I think that it's time to head back to the drawing board. As long as they'e apparently still working on a Blue Bombers design, they could also put a bit more creativity into an Argos effort.

Brian in Boston

• 4 weeks later...

Remember how we were all baffled about how Winnipeg was the only team not represented in this line?  I asked Zephyr, and they got back to me toot sweet:

Hello and thank you for the email.  We have had many people emailing us with

the same questions.  Unfortunately, this was the only team that did not

approve the X-line hat.  They are sensitive about the implications of a

'bomber'.  Please let me know if you have further question or if I can help

you locate another hat.

So there ya go...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Perhaps, for Winnipeg, they should use their mascot!

Which one? We've got three...

There's Buzz & Boomer, the wrestling birds, and Captain Blue, who flies his little biplane up and down the sidelines after every Bomber TD.

The captain might work, but the impression I got from the email was that Winnipeg won't be getting a hat this year.

They're supposedly returning to royal blue next year, so maybe they just wanna start fresh on that end of things...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Don't tell me they're returning to royal blue. I mean, sure, the navy blue represented the darkest period in Bomber history in a couple of ways, but it looks so sharp... :(

Anyway, Buzz is the bird with goggles.

AND I WANTED MY BOMBERS X-LINE!!! :angry:

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• 1 month later...
No Bombers hat??? what am i to burn at the labour day classic when the Riders run all over the Bombers Blew... i mean Blue Bombers... lol... yeah saw the riders hat at the game the other night pretty sweet looking me and my pals were commenting on it between heckling Bendrops... i mean Bendross

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived