Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

I unabashedly love those Disco Turkeys uniforms. Sharp color scheme and the Braves-esque feather design on the sleeves is really well executed. A rare example of a minor/independent league team with a stupid name but great logos and uniforms. 

On another note, the Chicago Dogs will be having a Negro League Tribute night on 8/14 and will be wearing "special uniforms" as they face the Kansas City Monarchs:

https://thechicagodogs.com/promotional-schedule/text-2021-promotional-schedule/

• Like 1

On 5/28/2021 at 6:16 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

👍

Disco Turkeys for life! If they don't have JohnTravolta dance contest or have him throw out a first pitch, someone should be fired. 

• Like 3

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I mean I get that they’re for the National League, but it really looks like they’re emphasizing the AL on the NL jerseys. 

The colors are fun though 

• Like 2

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I like the colors on those Future Games uniforms, especially on a black background, but "NATION" and "I CAN" is kind of heavy-handed, and designing an NL jersey that highlights the letters "AL" should have been a big old sendback.

Why would a team in Durham ever be called the Sharks? They're like a hundred miles inland. It'd be like if we wound up with the San Antonio Marlins.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8 hours ago, the admiral said:

Why would a team in Durham ever be called the Sharks? They're like a hundred miles inland. It'd be like if we wound up with the San Antonio Marlins.

Why would a team in Detroit be called the Tigers? There ain’t no tigers in Michigan.

It's Me

Yeah, and no blue lions, either.

Marine names are uniquely nonsensical for inland areas. It's like ordering adjectives, you just know it.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

^ Let's not go down that road, please...

... And on the topic of the Futures jerseys, seems like they went down the same pathway as the [Expedition League] Sioux Falls Sunfish (yeah, speaking of aqualife in an inland location), who have really matched into the dual-color theme--with same colors to boot:

Sioux-Falls-Sunfish.jpg?w=1200&h=0&zc=1&

60f10caa8cf92.image.jpg?resize=1200,830

E6Tgf5xXEAsxcd9.jpg

(It's definitely a quirky brand strategy--but it's fun, and fans here in town have really taken to it.)

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 2 weeks later...