Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

6 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Now teams are intentionally making bad uniforms.

AKA the Crabasses

I saw that earlier on my IG and I about facepalmed clean through the back of my skull.  Of all the things to clown my hometown for, at least it wasn't that. Until now... 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

To their credit, though, at least they're being right-out honest about their intent, though. It's meant to be bad. Shoot, they may as well stick a Joe Patti Seafood patch on them jokers while they're at it...

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

14 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

dLaMQwq.gif

• Like 9
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 8/5/2021 at 6:24 PM, tBBP said:

I saw that earlier on my IG and I about facepalmed clean through the back of my skull.  Of all the things to clown my hometown for, at least it wasn't that. Until now... 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

To their credit, though, at least they're being right-out honest about their intent, though. It's meant to be bad. Shoot, they may as well stick a Joe Patti Seafood patch on them jokers while they're at it...

Actually went to this game the other night;  was in Pensacola Beach on vacation for most of the week with the extended family (they are still there),  so Wednesday night for a change of pace six of us traveled across the bay to catch a Blue Wahoos game; little did we know we were instead going to see the Crabzillas.  The unis WERE very bad.   But they were popular; I caught some of the bidding/auction for the game-worn jerseys and they were going for between $170 and $220.  I was thinking about bidding on one of those crazy pair of pants, but decided not to:

aorjOTM.jpg

As a point of reference, the use of "Crabzillas" refers to one of the items on the concession menu;  a huge sandwich platter that includes a full soft-shell crab, crab remoulade, pork belly, Parmesan crab mac and cheese, fried shrimp, lettuce, tomato, topped with a crab hush puppy and including crab boil flavored fries. The Crabzilla in fact won the 2019 Ballpark Digest award for best new food item. 

Here it is in all its glory:

Ju17NinoFood-7-1024x683-1-590x394.jpg

The nephew and his girlfriend split one;  tBBP may be happy to know that I (being born on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and no stranger to "Biloxi Bacon") opted for the fried mullet platter  (which was pretty damned good).  The game itself was also a lot of fun; I liked how the announcer picked completely random and irrelevant walk-up songs for the opposing players (a different one every time, including Kelsey Grammar singing the "Frasier" theme).

Oh, and the rest of the beach vacation was nice, too-- one day we even took out the Namor II (which I towed over there) and crossed the Pass to  the eastern tip of Perdido Key/Ft. McRee area for the day.   As my sister said, it was almost like being in the Bahamas:

uKoVWkI.jpg

tBBP,  you ever get over to that Ft. McRee area?  Cool place.

• Like 2

It is what it is.

18 hours ago, B-Rich said:

Oh, and the rest of the beach vacation was nice, too-- one day we even took out the Namor II (which I towed over there) and crossed the Pass to  the eastern tip of Perdido Key/Ft. McRee area for the day.   As my sister said, it was almost like being in the Bahamas:

uKoVWkI.jpg

tBBP,  you ever get over to that Ft. McRee area?  Cool place.

Oh yeah. That's about the last outpost that's yet to be destroyed by hotels, ferris wheels, and other unnecessary tourist traps. What you saw of the rest of Johnson Beach (the eastern stretch of Perdido Key) is what most of the rest of Perdido and for that matter Santa Rosa Island (on which Pensacola Beach sits, the far west on which sits Fort Pickens) used to look like back in the day--before the unnecessary tourist traps took over and robbed us of our good ol' sea oats and emerald views.

Glad you got to enjoy yourself and the Maritime Park while you were down there! What's funny is that's only been there since 2012...where it sits now used to be the wastewater plant and a reef of rocks and dead fish. They moved the wastewater plant further west and infilled the plot on which the actual stadium sits, then built up everything else around it. Even the harbor was rebuilt after Ivan and now the whole Palafox corridor down there has transformed. Definitely not the downtown I grew up with (which is to say, there really wasn't much of one until they built Maritime Park and then spilled the gentrification over to Palafox), but SO much nicer overall.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 4 weeks later...

The Winnipeg Goldeyes of the American Association have announced that they and their fans will be moving "Forward Together" in 2022. The first step on that journey is the introduction of a sleek new look to accompany the team's name of 28 seasons.

CREST                                                                                                          ICON 
spacer.png   spacer.png

CITY MARK
spacer.png

BRANDMARKS
spacer.png

Winnipeg Goldeyes: Forward Together

• Like 6

On 9/7/2021 at 9:37 PM, Brian in Boston said:

The Winnipeg Goldeyes of the American Association have announced that they and their fans will be moving "Forward Together" in 2022. The first step on that journey is the introduction of a sleek new look to accompany the team's name of 28 seasons.

CREST                                                                                                          ICON 
spacer.png   spacer.png

CITY MARK
spacer.png

BRANDMARKS
spacer.png

Winnipeg Goldeyes: Forward Together

That is far too many random chunks of partial logos. One is literally just a maple leaf and another is just a generic hashtag...

However, I will say that the drastic simplification of the logo is slightly better than what they have been using. spacer.pngspacer.png

I mean this guy looks like he was the clean-up batter behind the 2003 Blue Jays juiced logo.

• Like 1

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Well, those all seem perfectly legitimate reasons for Pizza Rats to not make the list of Name-the-Team finalists for Staten Island's new Atlantic League team. That said, the list of seven identities that did end up as candidates is, in my opinion, none too impressive. 

Dragon Slayers 
Ferry Hawks
Frontliners
Greenbelters
Harbor Heroes
Responders
Watchdogs

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

The identity is kind of neat and I (think I) like the head lamp hat, but I find the reveal video funny and how it talks about the canaries. The video is talking about them as like soldiers going to war or the miners themselves and making the heroic sacrifice. The birds didn't have a choice in the matter or any thoughts about the situation, they're birds who placed in cages in mines.

(This isn't coming at this from an animal mistreatment/abuse perspective, more a personification thing)

IbjBaeE.png

21 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

Well, those all seem perfectly legitimate reasons for Pizza Rats to not make the list of Name-the-Team finalists for Staten Island's new Atlantic League team. That said, the list of seven identities that did end up as candidates is, in my opinion, none too impressive. 

Dragon Slayers 
Ferry Hawks
Frontliners
Greenbelters
Harbor Heroes
Responders
Watchdogs

I would be happy to discuss the names and what went wrong with the Brandoise SI Yanks naming endeavor. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 6:02 PM, Brian in Boston said:

Dragon Slayers 
Ferry Hawks
Frontliners
Greenbelters
Harbor Heroes
Responders
Watchdogs

They should lean into the Impractical Jokers being ambassadors of Staten Island and be the S.I. Jokers.

The name was actually not popular on the island (while it had a 98% positive reaction on the internet, the island-specific was much, much lower.)

you don't say

As I've said before, just invent minor-league teams that exist entirely on paper so that people who live somewhere else can buy their kooky merch without burdening actual teams with it. The Staten Island Pizza Rats can live in your mind. The Schaumburg Ball Pitters, in your mind. Regina Indebted Inspirational Rappers, mind. They play on a Zoom call but the cameras are off. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫