Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

9 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Dammit, if they end up as the Sugar Land Astros or some BS like that...what a waste of an identity.  Skeeters was pretty solid in my book.

I doubt they'll name them the Astros as having 2 Astros teams in the same metro area would get really confusing. But I suppose they could switch it to a space themed name. It seems like a very unnecessary change as Skeeters was a very good identity that fit both locally and with the quirky/silly names that many minor league clubs have.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

I doubt they'll name them the Astros as having 2 Astros teams in the same metro area would get really confusing. But I suppose they could switch it to a space themed name. It seems like a very unnecessary change as Skeeters was a very good identity that fit both locally and with the quirky/silly names that many minor league clubs have.

I could take a space themed name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TBGKon said:

Dammit, if they end up as the Sugar Land Astros or some BS like that...what a waste of an identity.  Skeeters was pretty solid in my book.

For a Brandiose brand, it was one of the better ones IMO. 

Given that the hostile takeover of MiLB by MLB was largely the result of brainstorming sessions by eggheads in the Astros’ front office, I expect nothing else than [insert non-Houston locale here] Astros.

15 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

For a Brandiose brand, it was one of the better ones IMO. 

Given that the hostile takeover of MiLB by MLB was largely the result of brainstorming sessions by eggheads in the Astros’ front office, I expect nothing else than [insert non-Houston locale here] Astros.

But thats the problem, Sugar Land is a Houston suburb. There is no way they could be so dumb to have two teams named the Astros in the same market, right?

I don’t understand this. Looks like the colors are Astro’s with light blue added into the mix. Should have kept name and just changed colors I guess 🤷🏼‍♂️That name was fan voted and I don’t think any name can be a better fit for a minor league baseball team down in These parts. 

• Like 2