Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

I never understood why they rebranded from "Wausau" to "Wisconsin" when an even higher percentage of the league was Wisconsin-based at the time, I think. Something seems a little off about the woodchuck - my mind keeps reading it as "too flat." But I'm hoping for good things in the uniform set, and am likely to buy merch based on the name change and colors alone.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

4 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Something seems a little off about the woodchuck - my mind keeps reading it as "too flat."

I think it's because the woodchuck is "too flat". The way the legs and body are positioned makes it looks like it's been startled or scared and is about the scurry away.

Also the body and legs are positioned in a way that makes it seem like there should be a foreground and background, but they are standing on a bat that is a single plane.

• Like 3

IbjBaeE.png

20 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Unusual name and VICE COLORS!!! 😍  

Is it bad that I kind of dig this? I much prefer this kind of weird to something like the "Lexington Bluegrass Ponies" Brandiose-style of weird/bad. I'm curious to see how the uniforms look. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Big Yellow Flag said:

The brand is strange and I don't love corporate sponsored team names coming to baseball (though rumor has it it's only for a season, for some reason?), but their Twitter game is strong.

The team is only supposed to be for one season, as the Atlantic League expanded to Staten Island for 2022 and Hagerstown for 2023, the league was at an odd number of teams. Rather than play with an odd number or a travel team like other leagues, the Legends stepped up to host a second team for the season.

Signature intentionally left blank