Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

5 minutes ago, Bmac said:

I'm a big fan of the Knights adding blue as well. But those logos are not working. The knight rendering is odd, and the C is generic and uninspired. I'm curious to see how the blue is utilized in the uniforms.

Click on the link in the initial post. You see them on the sides of the site.

That blue jersey is a thing of beauty. Not as big on the black caps for the home and road (nor the de-emphasis on gold) but overall I'm pretty happy. Logos are a downgrade from what we had but the new shade of blue is so nice I'm happy about the change overall.

• Like 3

the user formerly known as cdclt

Yeah, I'm with most of you guys. The chunky "C" is terrible (why wouldn't you use one of the two fonts already in the logo?) and there's something about the way the knight is drawn that feels off. The lettering is really generic, and the shadows underneath look like Morse code. Also, I think they're going for a home plate shape in the background, but the angle of the "point" is wrong - a real plate is close to 90 degrees, not the acute angle in the logo.

As for the uniforms, the home whites would be better with black lettering outlined in blue, not the other way around - "Knights" is hard to read as is. The blues are decent-looking. The road grays are road grays, but I feel like the lettering isn't "tall enough."

For a team whose name lends itself really well to a cool logo and lettering, Charlotte's never really gotten it quite right. They started off pairing a wildly over-detailed knight with the world's most boring "C" (they put the entire thing on their hats), then in '99 forgot what their name was (you're not the Charlotte Horses, guys) and introduced a blotchy equine and a dark, moody forest green and navy color scheme.

60199-3552110Fr.jpg13102613065750.jpg

Brandiose came around in '11 and showed that when they don't have the chance to distract people with goofiness, their work really just isn't very good. I actually like the colors, but Brandiose has always been just bad, bad, bad with lettering (that "S" is awful, and if you insist on including a crown in the logo, there's gotta be a better way than just slapping it on top of the "H"). The C as a "horse's tail" is silly, and if their GM has to constantly explain what it is, then it's not doing its job as a design element.

Charlotte Knights logo et symbole, sens, histoire, PNG, marque

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Intercounty Baseball League's Hamilton Cardinals rebranded this morning.

BEFORE:

logo.png

AFTER:

1668481677-full.png

1668481751-full.png

1668481656-full.png

1668481784-full.png

1668481809-full.png

Designed by Matt Doyle. 

ARTICLE: https://www.iblcardinals.ca/news/hamilton-cardinals-unveil-new-primary-logo-uniform

• Like 7
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, McCall said:

The fact that angry beavers are considered the "most intelligent mammal" in southern Illinois tells you all you need to know about the people of southern Illinois. Believe me. I live just across the river from it. 🤦‍♂️

(Actually lived over there until I was 3)

I live in Southern Illinois. Can't say I understand what you're saying. 

Found a bunch of alternates from affiliated ball

Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp (AAA) - New jerseys and hats all around, likely ditching the grey road top

zBOnMaD.jpg

rcbQrUK.jpg

Lehigh Valley IronPigs (AAA) - New road jersey and cap

D10Ekay.jpg

Louisville Bats (AAA) - https://www.milb.com/louisville/news/louisville-bats-unveil-new-502-conncet-alternate-home-jersey-for-2023-season

9MmujKN.jpg

OKC Dodgers (AAA) - City-inspired cap

H1lz9Xp.jpg

Arkansas Travelers (AA) - Little Rock alternate jersey w/ new cap

reqioj8.jpg

• Like 1