Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

41 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Another red and blue team 😡 they already have the Genomes and they create this crap???

Actually the Genomes are no more.  They were only stopping through; they were always moving to High Point, they just didn't have a home until 2023, so they became the "Genomes" for a season.  

So all Lexington has now are the Counter Clockers.  God, that's a mouthful.  Counter Clockers does not roll off the tongue.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 1908_Cubs said:

Actually the Genomes are no more.  They were only stopping through; they were always moving to High Point, they just didn't have a home until 2023, so they became the "Genomes" for a season.  

So all Lexington has now are the Counter Clockers.  God, that's a mouthful.  Counter Clockers does not roll off the tongue.

No the Genomes only popped up to give the league an even amount of clubs until Hagerstown was ready. Lexington ownership operated the Genomes and with the sale of the Legends, er Counter Clocks, the Genomes were disbanded. I believe the Hagerstown ownership also owns the Frederick Keys so they are placing a team in Frederick for 2023 until the ballpark is ready in Hagerstown.

• Like 1

Signature intentionally left blank

On 2/13/2023 at 9:07 PM, Big Yellow Flag said:

“In the meantime, we’re starting off the season with something fun that has never been done before—uniforms with question marks in the colors of the Maryland flag (red, gold, and black) and black caps with a sole white question mark on the front and a Maryland Flag on the back. We thought this would be a great way to embrace the mystery of the naming contest results until the big reveal in June.”"

Why even bother with “the big reveal in June”? Just adopt the question mark-festooned uniforms full-time and adopt Maryland Mystery Monikers as the team’s identity.  Unless you can get Jake Gyllenhall to come and throw out the ceremonial first pitch at your inaugural game. Then you go with Maryland Mysterios. Well, at least until lawyers from The Walt Disney Company show up with a cease and desist order on behalf of Marvel Entertainment… most likely followed by the suits from Sony, as well.  Eventually, the team folds, the uniforms are bought by some outfit launching a summer collegiate team out of Bay City, Michigan and the players take to the diamond as ? and the Mysterians.

Honestly, between this and the Lexington Counter Clockers fiasco, it’s enough to make a sports branding enthusiast chuck it all in.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 12:19 AM, Dilbert said:

No the Genomes only popped up to give the league an even amount of clubs until Hagerstown was ready. Lexington ownership operated the Genomes and with the sale of the Legends, er Counter Clocks, the Genomes were disbanded. I believe the Hagerstown ownership also owns the Frederick Keys so they are placing a team in Frederick for 2023 until the ballpark is ready in Hagerstown.

I can’t wait until the Frederick [Insert Name That Has Nothing To Do With The City] move after two seasons and become the Hagerstown Slum Bums

On 3/7/2023 at 12:19 AM, Dilbert said:

Ah duh!  It was Hagerstown, not High Point.  Whoops.  Got the stuff flubbed up.  

On 3/6/2023 at 11:07 AM, 1908_Cubs said:

The Lexington Legends today rebranded to the "Lexington Counter Clocks".  

https://twitter.com/LexingtonLegend/status/1632765237534261250?s=20

As a native, this is pretty out of the blue.  A new firm had recently purchased the team (who had been struggling), and they ran a "fan forum", essentially asking for input from the city as to what could be fixed...etc.  I'm not sure anyone really asked for this however and this was pretty...unexpected.  Wild how it came out of straight left field.

Makes me think of the Seattle Metropolitans hockey team' s logo from a century ago

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

The Eugene Emeralds have unveiled an alternate identity for the upcoming season, paying homage to a rather unique local bit of history. 

The TLDR is in the 70’s the Coast Guard blew up a dead whale on a beach near Eugene and it went…poorly. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

12 minutes ago, Green27 said:

The Eugene Emeralds have unveiled an alternate identity for the upcoming season, paying homage to a rather unique local bit of history. 

The TLDR is in the 70’s the Coast Guard blew up a dead whale on a beach near Eugene and it went…poorly. 

A great watch for anyone more interested in the backstory.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • WOAH 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Lakeshore Chinooks will apparently be doing a 'what-if' this season. Announcement coming Monday. That looks like a digital camo background. I don't recall what any proposed names were for the team.

It's where I sit.

On 3/24/2023 at 10:29 AM, Sec19Row53 said:

Lakeshore Chinooks will apparently be doing a 'what-if' this season. Announcement coming Monday. That looks like a digital camo background. I don't recall what any proposed names were for the team.

The camo and the helicopter sounds make me think this will be a uniform based on the iconic CH-47 Chinook helicopter.

• Like 2

Anubis.png

1 hour ago, Anubis2051 said:

The camo and the helicopter sounds make me think this will be a uniform based on the iconic CH-47 Chinook helicopter.

Interesting - I was thinking that was the sound of a sewing machine 🤣

Good call!

It's where I sit.

On 3/26/2023 at 9:33 PM, Anubis2051 said:

On 3/26/2023 at 11:31 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Interesting - I was thinking that was the sound of a sewing machine 🤣

Good call!

• Like 1

spacer.png

On 3/29/2023 at 9:07 PM, Bmac said:

Interesting BP cap for Tacoma.

Horse should have another leg for a team named the Studs.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.