Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

“Screaming Alpacas” is in reference to Frederick County’s 4-H (agricultural) community..

I’ve grown up around and in Frederick County’s agricultural footprint and not for one second have I ever envisioned alpacas as the face of farming here.

As for the other finalists-

• There is a MARC train that rides through the city, so sure “Rail Frogs” or whatever.

• The Civil War was a big thing in Frederick. There’s signs plastered everywhere about it, but would never think doctors/“sawbones”

• I mean, I guess ghost dogs and other hauntings are a thing in the city.

• I’ve only ever seen one “bone shaker” in my life living in Frederick. It’s a moot idea.

When I think “Frederick”, I see-

• Baker Park with its clock tower that can be heard all throughout the City of Frederick

• Carroll Creek which runs through the Downtown District

• The Downtown nightlife

• Farming, but more so cattle and pig than alpacas. Everything outside of the city is quite literally farm land.

• The portion of Route 40 at the edge of the city known as “The Golden Mile”

• The ESSL (Earth, Space, and Science Lab) which is known for teaching elementary school children about its namesake

• The sink holes we get every couple of years. Specifically the most recent ones. One delayed the opening of our newest Royal Farms and the other swallowed the inside of a new Rutters. I think they have a fascination with gas stations.

• Home to the Roy Rogers restaurant headquarters. There’s six locations in Frederick alone.

• The small trailer park behind Lowe’s nestled between Routes 85 & 355

At the end of the day,

Give me an amphibian with a conductor’s hat riding in a train. Go Rail Frogs.

• Like 1

Might I suggest the nickname "Brake Burners"...in honor of all those unfortunate (but should have known better) truckers whose brakes done burnt the heck out by the time they reach Frederick from where that 13-mile-long 4% gradient begins west of Frederick to where it ends in town—in snake-winding curves. 

(Yeah, that 68 is a PITA in a big truck...ask me how I know.)

• LOL 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

6 hours ago, Big Yellow Flag said:

I'm shocked nobody's mentioned yet that they won't have their name, logos, or uniforms to start the season, and will be playing in literal question mark uniforms. I'm... Shocked.

Wait... that's for real?  Huh.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Side-Note: I’m fairly certain the Frederick Atlantic team is only playing in Frederick until the new stadium gets built in Hagerstown.

Correct.  Hagerstowns new ballpark should be ready for 2024

Signature intentionally left blank

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Side-Note: I’m fairly certain the Frederick Atlantic team is only playing in Frederick until the new stadium gets built in Hagerstown.

8 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

Correct.  Hagerstowns new ballpark should be ready for 2024

I was going to ask, I saw on Twitter that the Keys were still around and was questioning this team.

They're so invested in this whole hullabaloo and finding a "local" name and they're just going to pack up in a season.

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

I was going to ask, I saw on Twitter that the Keys were still around and was questioning this team.

They're so invested in this whole hullabaloo and finding a "local" name and they're just going to pack up in a season.

Funneling money into the Frederick Screaming Alpacas for 2-3 seasons only to rebrand as the Hagerstown Slum Bums sure is something.

10 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Oh damn, I thought that was just for pre-name press conferences 

9 hours ago, Discrim said:

Wait... that's for real?  Huh.

Fanboy moment, I love your concepts.

Anyway, yeah:

"“To allow adequate time for the design process of the new team logo, uniforms, and caps, the final team name will be unveiled at the Friday, June 23 home game when the Frederick Club hosts the York Revolution,” said Chuck Domino, Senior Vice President of Baseball Operations for Attain Sports & Entertainment. “In the meantime, we’re starting off the season with something fun that has never been done before—uniforms with question marks in the colors of the Maryland flag (red, gold, and black) and black caps with a sole white question mark on the front and a Maryland Flag on the back. We thought this would be a great way to embrace the mystery of the naming contest results until the big reveal in June.”"

https://ballparkdigest.com/2023/02/08/finalists-unveiled-for-new-frederick-atlantic-league-team/

So if Hagerstown is ready next year, they're doing all this for half a season.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Lexington Legends today rebranded to the "Lexington Counter Clocks".  

https://twitter.com/LexingtonLegend/status/1632765237534261250?s=20

As a native, this is pretty out of the blue.  A new firm had recently purchased the team (who had been struggling), and they ran a "fan forum", essentially asking for input from the city as to what could be fixed...etc.  I'm not sure anyone really asked for this however and this was pretty...unexpected.  Wild how it came out of straight left field.

1 minute ago, Sport said:

That feels like someone trying to replicate the Brandiose formula and not getting it right. 

Entirely.  I thought, when I saw the twitter post (there had been literally zero indication they were rebranding) that it was one of those "whacky, one weekend names".  The initial reaction here is...poor, to say the least.  And it's not even like the Legends was a specifically good brand/name, but this is just...bad haha.

On 2/13/2023 at 7:21 AM, Big Yellow Flag said:

I'm shocked nobody's mentioned yet that they won't have their name, logos, or uniforms to start the season, and will be playing in literal question mark uniforms. I'm... Shocked.

They're also going to run around DC telling you how the government will give you money to start a business.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

55 minutes ago, McCall said:

All they did was take the Cubs C, reverse it and type "COUNTER CLOCKS" in it.

They also have a couple rough alternate logos that look like someone doing an impression of Brandiose, but doesn't quite have the chops to pull it off. More what I was talking about is the name is the same kind of overthought, but under-researched multi-word nonsense that Brandiose loves to push. Sod Poodles, Baby Cakes, or Skycarp type stuff etc. Names that nobody from said town actually says. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 hours ago, 1908_Cubs said:

The Lexington Legends today rebranded to the "Lexington Counter Clocks".  

https://twitter.com/LexingtonLegend/status/1632765237534261250?s=20

As a native, this is pretty out of the blue.  A new firm had recently purchased the team (who had been struggling), and they ran a "fan forum", essentially asking for input from the city as to what could be fixed...etc.  I'm not sure anyone really asked for this however and this was pretty...unexpected.  Wild how it came out of straight left field.

Let's face it, the new owners knew they wanted to rebrand when they bought the team. To make matters worse, they solicit fan feedback to give the impression that they care about what the fans think and want.

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

They're also going to run around DC telling you how the government will give you money to start a business.

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.