Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Gotta admit...given this question mark fiasco, and the confusion over where this team's future was, I was not expecting the revealed identity to be any good, but damn it, I like this ghostly mutt.  

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

16 hours ago, Dynasty said:

Is Spire City really that prominently used within the Frederick area or is Brandoise just reaching for creativity again? I'm asking because I currently live about an hour away from there and have even visited the area on several occasions. Of all of these times, I have never seen a reference to the name.

I believe it to be a creative choice to differentiate between the two teams sharing the stadium.

”I’m seeing a Spire City game” causes less confusion than “I’m seeing a Frederick game”, because anyone would associate the latter with the Keys.

Also,  Frederick City’s nickname is City of Spires. The seal even features the five prominent spires

spacer.png

• Like 3

After their early misstep (Blackbirds) and subsequent walk-back, the new identity for the Chatham-Kent IBL expansion team has been unveiled. They will be the Chatham-Kent Barnstormers.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2023 at 1:26 PM, Oso said:

Hagerstown’s Atlantic League team has selected the name Flying Box Cars.

It’s apparently in reference to WW2 planes, but knowing branding trends, Hagerstown will probably get a flying train car with wings and a grumpy face.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

It’s apparently in reference to WW2 planes, but knowing branding trends, Hagerstown will probably get a flying train car with wings and a grumpy face.

Or they can go the gambling route, someone tossing dice at a Craps table. lol

35 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

New team for 2024 💙💜

I came here to post this because I had been posting about them earlier in this thread and I follow the league they'll play in.

I like the name but I don't really like the logo. I think it looks too much like an emoji or an icon rather than a logo, if that makes sense. It's very computer graphic-y.

• Like 3

IbjBaeE.png

• 2 weeks later...

Because I know who's probably behind this rebrand, I submitted the name which sounds like something they'd actually pick; so my nomination was the Rome Chicken Caesars.

Not only does it continue the (Adjective) (Thing)s trend in names, but it ties into the city name as well as to Georgia's recent history of naming teams after foodstuffs. (And you KNOW that Brandiose is gonna make some major bank with it)

• Like 2

bYhYmxh.png