Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Throwing a bit of a hail mary here, but does anyone know of a place that sells hard-to-find MiLB merch? Specifically, I am trying to find a black version of the Sacramento River Cats’ Dorados hats. I wear either a L/XL flex fit or a 7 5/8 fitted. Adjustable would be fine too.

I think the black Dorados hat was from the first year the team did the Copa de la Diversion program. Since then, they’ve had a blue version with a yellow front panel and a yellow crown/blue bill one.  I’ve seen several sites with those, but the black hat is a white whale.

Frederick is going through all this mystery to keep secret a team name they’ll be using for three months 😂.

Also, saw some of the suggested Hagerstown names, and with recent tradition, the ones I’m seeing that will likely be picked are brutal.

Texas.gif

8 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Have we talked about the Madison Muskallards??

I'm partial to their night as the Old Fashioneds. How can you not love this swingin' maraschino? https://madison-mallards-257397.square.site/product/-pre-order-adult-t-shirt-ls-cream-the-old-fashioneds/1396?cs=true&cst=custom

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

9 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

I'm partial to their night as the Old Fashioneds. How can you not love this swingin' maraschino? https://madison-mallards-257397.square.site/product/-pre-order-adult-t-shirt-ls-cream-the-old-fashioneds/1396?cs=true&cst=custom

Udderly (pun intended) Wisconsin. 

It's where I sit.

This is officially out of hand.

What kills me most is that many of these are just so poorly designed. Minor League Baseball is supposed to be fun and goofy to an extent, but at least have some integrity when it comes to design quality. It's very obvious that most teams are turning to their in-house designers, who are not putting out very good work.

• Like 4

Unfortunately it really shows in recent years. Between the pandemic and the multiple alternate identity nights, the amount of passable/good enough in-house work is too high. I know teams are looking to save on costs, but I think at least some brand value is being sacrificed in the process of churning out half-baked logos and putting them on quickly screen-printed tees for a random fun night.

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

Hagerstown name finalists

Tin Lizards

Flying Boxcars

Diezel Dogs (yes, spelled like this)

Haymakers

Flying Swans

Not surprising, I saw some of the submitted names and all were on it. Haymakers is the only non embarrassment on the list.

Texas.gif