MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

I just can’t get down with that design at all. It’s not necessarily a bad looking kit in a vacuum, but it’s a needless deviation from the red and black stripes and IMO is a massive downgrade from their previous two primaries. Red socks would’ve at least given the kit something interesting, but instead they predictably chose to go with the all-black. Truly a pity that their two main kits this year will practically be solid black and solid white. Hopefully their third kit is worthwhile.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, KitLeakBoi said:

Miami's "La Palma" Kit incorporates a sky blue!

Hide contents

but seemingly only on the inside of the neck, and the inside of the bottom of the back.. rendering it basically invisible

Their inaugural shirts actually had a light blue neck tape as well:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

13 hours ago, KitLeakBoi said:

Miami's "La Palma" Kit incorporates a sky blue!

Hide contents

but seemingly only on the inside of the neck, and the inside of the bottom of the back.. rendering it basically invisible

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

37 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Random thought I had, I am astounded the Inter Miami doesn’t have a shirt advert yet. Wasn’t there rumors of Qatar Airlines or something or another becoming their front one? Did that not pan out or are they waiting?

I do like the palm pattern, but not in the embossed application. And the shirt desperately needs more pink, even just by way of the collar and cuffs. I’d still call it an upgrade over last season’s kit on the EQT template, but not by much.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

12 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I do like the palm pattern, but not in the embossed application. And the shirt desperately needs more pink, even just by way of the collar and cuffs. I’d still call it an upgrade over last season’s kit on the EQT template, but not by much.

I agree. The blue is nice, but it being on the inside only is kind of weird.

The city of Miami is really blowing Mi Colores, isn't it?

I'm still not convinced Miami FC has made a better Miami FC jersey than Seattle.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Couple teasers for the new San Jose primary:

spacer.png

Definitely a blue base, and in the video you can see blue sleeves with solid white cuffs. Certainly seems like they’re billing it as a tribute to the 2001 Cup-winning team, and I’m guessing there’ll be some sort of jocktag or back neck graphic that references it. It’s definitely not gonna be a proper throwback kit, as the 2001 kit had white sleeves:

spacer.png

The kit will probably be blue/black/blue with the shirt, shorts, and socks all having white adidas stripes and accents.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

23 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

50983034647_5b2d5e22ff_c.jpg

I’m expecting a purple and gold kit from the Sounders at some point, as a nod to the UW men’s soccer team that’s given us several players, most notably Cristian Roldan. Plus it’ll play well with the college kids in town. As a Wazzu fan there’s zero chance I would touch it, but I’ve resigned myself to the possibility.

Meanwhile, we haven’t had a Sounder Blue kit since the inaugural MLS seasons!! (We have had the pretty nice navy over light blue kits) And they were good luck; the team usually won and Blaise Nkufo scored a hat trick in them. 

So hopefully the sketch was just a sketch. Given how much fans here hated the sponge-painted green shirts I doubt that will be an element. Still I wouldn’t be shocked if they go purple and gold and remove the orange. But I’m holding out hope for blue. I’d also love to see them go teal at some point a la the Seattle flag. (That would have to be a third though since it’s too close to rave green)

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

7 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

I’m expecting a purple and gold kit from the Sounders at some point, as a nod to the UW men’s soccer team that’s given us several players, most notably Cristian Roldan. Plus it’ll play well with the college kids in town. As a Wazzu fan there’s zero chance I would touch it, but I’ve resigned myself to the possibility.

Meanwhile, we haven’t had a Sounder Blue kit since the inaugural MLS seasons!! (We have had the pretty nice navy over light blue kits) And they were good luck; the team usually won and Blaise Nkufo scored a hat trick in them. 

So hopefully the sketch was just a sketch. Given how much fans here hated the sponge-painted green shirts I doubt that will be an element. Still I wouldn’t be shocked if they go purple and gold and remove the orange. But I’m holding out hope for blue. 

It was just a sketch, but my source confirmed that it was a pretty good representation of what he saw, especially with the colors. The pattern will very likely be a little different, as will the mix between the dark blue and purple in the pattern. Those elements were the hardest for my source to describe based on the catalog mock-ups that he saw. I used the pattern from Juve’s orange third kits, but that was just for the purposes for the mockup and it was the closest match among existing Adidas patterns for what my source was able to see and describe. As always, take all of this with a grain of salt until there are further leaks or info to corroborate my mockup, but I do trust my source and the info I was given. Also, I talked to that Sounders Nightly guy on IG, and he has not seen the new kit or gotten any additional info on it. He was just going off of the Footy Headlines article that featured my mockup.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

That's fine.

If MLS is going solid-color jerseys with minor patterns/embossments, that's better than the shoulder stripe absurdity of last season. It's basic, classic design that actually probably would have been a better fit for their 25th season.

11 hours ago, upperV03 said:

It was just a sketch, but my source confirmed that it was a pretty good representation of what he saw, especially with the colors. The pattern will very likely be a little different, as will the mix between the dark blue and purple in the pattern. Those elements were the hardest for my source to describe based on the catalog mock-ups that he saw. I used the pattern from Juve’s orange third kits, but that was just for the purposes for the mockup and it was the closest match among existing Adidas patterns for what my source was able to see and describe. As always, take all of this with a grain of salt until there are further leaks or info to corroborate my mockup, but I do trust my source and the info I was given. Also, I talked to that Sounders Nightly guy on IG, and he has not seen the new kit or gotten any additional info on it. He was just going off of the Footy Headlines article that featured my mockup.

Thanks for the info! The addition of orange is wild if true, and I suppose I have no reason to believe it isn’t. 

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Orlando will be unveiling their new primary kit on Friday:

That graphic could potentially be a hint at the kit design, and if so we could be looking at a darker purple base color and a design like either of these:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Considering their last home kit had a recycled graphic, it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see them take that route again. 

Edit- Decided to create a prediction mockup:

spacer.png

Someone on their subreddit said that they had heard the kit had the same collar as the Timbers’ new primary, so that’s why I went with that collar style. Take that with a grain of salt, obviously, and the mockup as a whole since it’s just speculation based on their teaser graphic.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived