MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Ask and you shall receive:

spacer.png

I completely understand why the preference would be to have Cincy featured in royal and orange, considering that's their primary colors. 

That said, the kit looks way nicer in navy than it would in royal. It's a really nice looking jersey. 

2 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I completely understand why the preference would be to have Cincy featured in royal and orange, considering that's their primary colors. 

That said, the kit looks way nicer in navy than it would in royal. It's a really nice looking jersey. 

I actually agree with this the more I think about it. I think the navy allows what little of the the orange and royal blue to pop a more than a royal blue base would. I do think they should go back to a royal blue base next time they do a blue jersey. 

37 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Royal blue base with white and orange pinstripes would have been the best option IMO:

spacer.png

I hope they use white shorts with this as the primary instead of navy. I'm also disappointed that they didn't keep using the pinstripes on the back of the shirt. They wouldn't screw up the numbers. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm predisposed to prefer royal over navy, but in this case, I think FCC did the right thing. The royal pops more on a navy background than navy does on royal. It gives it almost a "Tron" vibe it wouldn't otherwise have.

Now if MLS allowed league-wide third jerseys, you could have the best of all worlds.

That Toronto FC shirt seems just as uninspired as the past two home Sounders FC shirts. Yeah, it's a pattern. So what?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I hope they use white shorts with this as the primary instead of navy. I'm also disappointed that they didn't keep using the pinstripes on the back of the shirt. They wouldn't screw up the numbers. 

In their press release they say that the shorts are navy, unfortunately. No mention of white or orange alternate shorts, either. As for the back of the shirt, yeah, it would’ve been nice to see the pinstripes continue. Unfortunately the MLS seems to be pretty strict about solid backs (or at least solid back panels), with the only recent exception being Vancouver’s hooped shirt. There are several examples of shirts that could’ve and should’ve had designs continue on the back, like Atlanta’s first two primaries, Portland’s hooped primaries and new half/half look, and now this new Cincy shirt. Seems as though the MLS is pretty staunch in requiring the solid backs, though. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

25 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

What a beauty! IMHO, best kit they ever had including the USL years

I agree. I hated last year's at first, but eventually grew fond of them when I saw how they looked in action and I purchased one when they were discounted at Dick's. My biggest issue was the massive Adidas stripe on the shoulder. 

These are super sharp. I love how royal, navy, and orange look together and hope the team keeps using those three colors together for years to come. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 minutes ago, Sport said:

I agree. I hated last year's at first, but eventually grew fond of them when I saw how they looked in action and I purchased one when they were discounted at Dick's. My biggest issue was the massive Adidas stripe on the shoulder. 

These are super sharp. I love how royal, navy, and orange look together and hope the team keeps using those three colors together for years to come. 

Too bad Hell is Real will be all navy vs all white the next 2 years. Ugh!!!!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, njdevs7 said:

I knew the Cinci kit reminded me of something...

spacer.png

Funny you should say that because I legitimately think the new Cincy primary would work better as an NYCFC secondary kit (with the royal pinstripes changed to sky blue)...

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

47 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

What a beauty! IMHO, best kit they ever had including the USL years

You think? My introduction to FCC was in the bomb pop set:

fc-cincinnati-july30-1024x681.jpg

Which I still think is their best look.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I actually like that Chicago secondary quite a bit, even though it’s mainly white. Pretty smart design and should be able to be carried over to next year with just a simple crest swap. The primary is fine, nothing special. Still don’t like the navy, and the crest still sucks, but I like the cuffs. It’ll do the job until they get a new primary (which will hopefully be red) with the new crest next year.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

You think? My introduction to FCC was in the bomb pop set:

fc-cincinnati-july30-1024x681.jpg

Which I still think is their best look.

I so recognized that template that it always just felt like they were wearing a template. I like it a hell of of a lot more than this though. 

e57e427e-cc8c-4632-a59c-c5baa709628a-072

PvO6ZWJ.png

11 minutes ago, KitLeakBoi said:

image.jpg

Chicago

So the away kits are on a 3 year old jersey template, and the home removes the red pinstripe-like design. 

It’s fine.

EDIT: Ok the away isn’t a old template but quasi-custom design. It definitely looks nicer at least.

Archived