Hometeam Haul-Over II: NFL...already!

AAO

clannhoran Posted on Tuesday, September 21st, 2004 - 11:01:06

Having a little fun with my Chicago Bears

that rocks. except pandas are not bears, they are in the same family as raccoons.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
clannhoran Posted on Tuesday, September 21st, 2004 - 11:01:06

Having a little fun with my Chicago Bears

that rocks. except pandas are not bears, they are in the same family as raccoons.

Ailuropoda melanoleuca

Description: The giant panda is a small black and white bear with an infantile appearance brought about by its shortened muzzle and large black fur eye patches. Most of its torso and head are white with a black saddle across its back, black fore and hind limbs and black ears. It can weigh up to 275 pounds.

CGP.gif

the red panda, olingos, coatis, raccoons, and their relatives. bears, like, REAL bears, belong to the genus Ursos. e.g. the brown bear is Ursos arctos. this, however matters not, becasue pandas are incorrectly classified becasue "bears" are in the order Carnivora. pandas, however, do NOT eat meat. they are more closely related to raccoons in every way but appearance. if youve ever seen or heard of the red panda as opposed to just the giant panda, you will see why. but heres some reference.

It is a combination of these differences which have caused scientists to debate for over 100 years as to whether or not the Panda Bears should belong in the Ursidae family, the raccoon family or maybe even in a family all of their own. One can not look at a bear's (or any other animals) appearance alone when making this difficult judgement. Scientists have yet to prove just how directly Brown Bears and Panda Bears can be linked together in the chain of evolution.
but they HAVE found that link between pandas and raccoons! aha!quotes an essay from the bear website which states my point. sorry didnt mean to get all taxonomical on the thread. :D haha

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Wow...This is really taking forever.................................!

I agree!

And I'm not even in it!

I want to see all of them next to each other, so I can't wait for AAO to close.

bump or whatever...

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

Hope its not too late. If it is, so be it. Let me know what you think (and I'm sure to get walloped on this one). If not, please accept my official entry.

First, let me get the credits out of the way. Axlrush, I used your new helmet in this. Those are very cool. Drew Bledsoe style (WSU Cougar!). Fuzzlewigg, I used your Browns jersey as a template. That being said, I hope I don't get killed for stealing anything. Just being safe.

Second, I'm native to Seattle. Decypher already did a stellar job on the 'Hawks. Now that I live 2 hours from Houston, I didn't feel it necessary to mess with their look (I really like theirs). SO, I decided to upgrade a team that a college friend plays for AND one that severely needs a "Haul-Over": The Bills. I didn't realize that Braden was doing them too. No disrespect.

Third, with the Buffalo Bills... why not do something to honor the namesake, "Buffalo" Bill Cody. I tried to stick with a sort of "Old West" theme. I know it has nothing to do with Buffalo, but I thought "what the hell?" What I came up with is the following:

BuffaloBills.jpg

And yes, I do know. I just can't get the stupid horse to stop smiling.

now this design is getting my vote.

:notworthy:

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Finally! Just under the wire. My New Orleans Saints concept.

A little explanation before the pic:

--First, the overall look. Over the years, like in Brywhit's design, I've thought about adding a tertiary color. Green always came to mind, sort of like the Dallas Stars. But instead, I decided to go for a return to old school. Like the New york teams, going back to basics, in this case essentially the initial year (1967).

--Other than the logo (more on that later) small uni differences -- the striping on the sleeves and socks is two less stripes than 1967 (the original white jersey was black-gold-black-gold-black; mine reduces the stripe sequence by two out of deference to today's shorter sleeves).

--Another minor uni difference is the contrasting collar on both the black and white jersey; that was not there in the original.

--Unlike today's Saints, the gold in these uniforms are to be CONSISTENT throughout the uniform (helmets, pants, numerals and striping); a "brass" gold a shade darker than the pale "vegas gold" in vogue today, but not quite as "copperish" as the original unis back in '67....

--The idea to have one set of pants is also old school, plus I propose more of a shift toward white and gold (a little more "saintly" look). White at home and on the road unless called for by the home team. Sort of like my alma maters LSU and Georgia Tech, as well as the Cowboys and Joe Gibbs' Redskins.

--The biggest change is the logo -- the essence is the same, but like the recent Seahawks and Falcons, and a little earlier, the Dolphins, 49ers and Eagles, it's "tweaked" . First off, I went to a predominate white to match the new color emphasis. I also went with a segmented fleur-de-lis, which is also a common presentation of that emblem. I debated whether or not the outlines should touch or not; I decided I liked 'em that way. The center 'stalk" also now looks more angular, almost sword-like. I also debated taking off the helmet stripe, but decided to keep it since I put back the matching pants stripe.

Enough with the talk, here's the concept. Sorry if it's a little big:

newSAINTS.png

It is what it is.

Thanks, Aussie-- just traced aspects of a template presented earlier in the thread...

Also, just reduced the size of the pic a bit to make it easier to view on-screen...

(shameless bump)

:P

It is what it is.

You know... that Bills concept is actually quite nice but there are two issues I have with it:

1) This would probably never be considered in real life, mainly because of the gun, regardless of how good everything else looks. The Washington Bullets changed their entire name just to avoid any kind of association with firearms.

2) I can't help but laugh when I get the mental image of the Cowboys and Broncos getting together for a party and everyone from Texas deciding to bring their gunracks with them. And at some point, Roger Staubach saddles and mounts John Elway and rides him around like a pony.

Really, did anyone else get that vibe? Or did I have some bad chicken in my salad?

Archived