Hometeam Haul-Over II: NFL...already!

AAO

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i love that you have the guts to cut apart the bears like that, and i love even more that you make it look great PC. though, i would prefer them changing to a more modern version of their current threads, you made such an awesome presentation that it just enhances your work and makes you believe that the bears shoudl look like that haha. thats amazing! :D

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

love the bears' concept. The sticting on the shoulders is very cool. I like that its the old unis but just kindof cut up and re-assembled. Maybe the helmet strip should be like bear claws scratching the helmet ( in other words 3 or 4 slashes instead of 1) Just a thought. Good job!

NOLAbanner.jpg

I did the bears. They were done before. Oh well. This isn't my hometown yet. (St. Louis) and I have no feelings towards the rams, except that I had to watch them instead of the bears....anyway, my hometown is Southeastern wisconsin still.

bearsupdate.gif

who am i kidding, that design is amazing.I am not sure about the stripes down the shoulder area (from the neck to the shoulder, those), to me they don't add to much about the design. The stripe placement on the jersey and the pants (well at least the idea on how to end it) is pretty slick. I mean isnt that what the contest is about? To update the look? You did a great job of it!

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

well thank you evan. Actually that stripe that looks like piping is just stitching. Its kinda the nike template but what everyone is going to pretty much. However, that is pinstriping in the top section of fabric. Its more texture than another color though. The linemen had this a few years ago, they still may. I though it was cool.

Anyway, On that pipingish thing I'll dull it down when I add my intentions on the helmet.

I'm back for another medal... although this time around is gonna be a heck of a lot tougher. Some of these concepts are siiiiiick!

Here's mine!

billsupdate.gif

Basically my emphasis was to maintain as much as they have as possible, but uncrappifying it. The Royal Blue comes back as a main colour while the Navy takes a back seat.

I fixed the hemet through slight modifications (striping, facemask, logo border). I figured that the red helmet should stay. I kept the underarm panels cause I think they look good with the right colours ans pants striping. I really really tried to put red into the number border but it looked wierd, so I kept a basic thick navy one. And here's a plus, I made the shoulders blank... cause IMO nothing's needed!

Oh, and don't forget the new small curved woodmark on the front of the jersey.

I'm not sure if it's another bronze medal for me, but at leat I uncrappified it :P

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

awesome stuff braden, although im torn on whether the nave or the royal blue should be dominant. i like this though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Basically my emphasis was to maintain as much as they have as possible, but uncrappifying it.

Hooray for uncrappification! The trend in sports uniforms seems to be "busy is better." The Bills (especially) and the Lions recent redesigns reflect this ethic, as do the now several-year-old Cincinnati Reds redux. Seems like everything's drop shadowed, extra striped and/or trimmed in black. Totally bogus approach.

I love what you've done here. Simple, straight forward, strong and distinctive. Reminds me of my favorite uniforms -- classics like those worn by my Chicago Bears. Bravo.

I chose to do my favorite team the cincinnati bengals, I removed the stupid drop shadow bears font, took out the white stripes on the side of the black and removed the orange from the top of the shoulders on the white, and got rid of the black pants.

bengals.gif

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

The trend in sports uniforms seems to be "busy is better."

man, you said it, and I HATE IT. there are too many wavy, tapered, swooping stripes and cute, busy logos and such. i dont mind outlines, but busy, in my eyes, is mosdef NOT better.

Hope its not too late. If it is, so be it. Let me know what you think (and I'm sure to get walloped on this one). If not, please accept my official entry.

First, let me get the credits out of the way. Axlrush, I used your new helmet in this. Those are very cool. Drew Bledsoe style (WSU Cougar!). Fuzzlewigg, I used your Browns jersey as a template. That being said, I hope I don't get killed for stealing anything. Just being safe.

Second, I'm native to Seattle. Decypher already did a stellar job on the 'Hawks. Now that I live 2 hours from Houston, I didn't feel it necessary to mess with their look (I really like theirs). SO, I decided to upgrade a team that a college friend plays for AND one that severely needs a "Haul-Over": The Bills. I didn't realize that Braden was doing them too. No disrespect.

Third, with the Buffalo Bills... why not do something to honor the namesake, "Buffalo" Bill Cody. I tried to stick with a sort of "Old West" theme. I know it has nothing to do with Buffalo, but I thought "what the hell?" What I came up with is the following:

BuffaloBills.jpg

And yes, I do know. I just can't get the stupid horse to stop smiling.

CCSLC Signature.jpg

Archived