NFL uniform matchups that only happened in preseason

I remember seeing  a photo of the Panthers playing against the Orange Crush classic Broncos uniform and that had to have been from a 1995 or 1996 per season game since their first official game was in 1997 after the Broncos uniform change. Does anyone know of other instances where the uniform matchup happened only in the pre season as full pre season records are harder to find

Bill's Update Blog: 1997-2008 Jacksonville Jaguars

1997 Jags wore the drop-shadowed numbers in pre-season then changed them for the regular season due to legibility. The 11 was probably the best-looking number, as all the other numbers were way too narrow. 

Some numbers were spaced out way too wide:

Dave Brown: Daniel Jones is “going to be a really good quarterback” - Big  Blue View

• Like 6

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Is there a backstory on this? Maybe it was a test?

spacer.png

I think they  planned on running with them but either the players had problems with the numbers, or the NFL decided they didn't work well on TV at that time.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 2/27/2022 at 1:27 PM, Echo said:

Weird that Dallas and Buffalo played each other twice in the same pre-season.  I don't remember that happening.   Anyone know why some teams had a 5th pre-season game that year?

I don't think the Bills made the Cowboys wear blue. Dallas was in white for both games, and Buffalo blue. The only time it was BUF in white and DAL in blue was a game in the early 1980s if I'm not mistaken.