College Football 2022

Kevin W.

13 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Well on the bright side we likely won’t see those helmets ever again

They've been worn throughout the year, they'll still be in rotation.  Now Ohio State just needs to make the bowl jerseys their primaries for home and away, but get rid of the black numbers on the home jerseys. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Georgia’s title logo has already been posted but I don’t think I have seen a deep dive on it yet.

SoFi silhouette at the top with 15 rays to represent 15 wins on the season.  The four stars symbolize Georgia’s 4 total national titles (1942, 1980, 2021, 2022). Two palm trees represent two CFP era titles. It’s got the stripe from the silver britches in there. I’m sure there’s something to do with the shape of the logo, but I haven’t seen anything on it yet.

spacer.png

This was last year’s for comparison.

spacer.png

• Like 4

I'm guessing the shape of the UGA championship logo is just based on classic Hollywood art deco design. 

8 minutes ago, GoGreenGoWhite said:

Seems a bit strange that they would base so much of the logo design off of the location of the championship game. Not saying it's a bad decision. just unusual.

Agreed. Before I knew it was the Indy skyline, I figured it was Athens' skyline. Then I realized that would mean it would only be boxy apartment buildings featured if that were the case. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

6 hours ago, GoGreenGoWhite said:

Seems a bit strange that they would base so much of the logo design off of the location of the championship game. Not saying it's a bad decision. just unusual.

A lot of them use the location for some extent of the design.

Tampa:

spacer.png

Santa Clara:

spacer.png

Rose Bowl:

spacer.png

Miami:

spacer.png

Phoenix:

spacer.png

New Orleans:

spacer.png

As far as I can tell, having the schools design a logo started with the BCS NCG in 2006. Almost all of them have obvious references to the location of the game. The only exceptions are Auburn's (by far the worst one) and Ohio State's (unless the shield means something).

FpjkHzv.png

I like the references to the city/region or stadium. Really don't care for skylines, though. They're hardly ever well known enough to be identified without someone pointing it out first. The only ones I could honestly pick out are Seattle, NYC, Dallas, and Atlanta. 

Excited to see what UGA comes up with for Houston next year ;)

• Like 2

PJU85JF.png

17 hours ago, alxy8s said:

As far as I can tell, having the schools design a logo started with the BCS NCG in 2006. Almost all of them have obvious references to the location of the game. The only exceptions are Auburn's (by far the worst one) and Ohio State's (unless the shield means something).

FpjkHzv.png

I like the references to the city/region or stadium. Really don't care for skylines, though. They're hardly ever well known enough to be identified without someone pointing it out first. The only ones I could honestly pick out are Seattle, NYC, Dallas, and Atlanta. 

Excited to see what UGA comes up with for Houston next year ;)

I may be biased but we (Houston) have a pretty good skyline :)

It will probably be space themed as that is our most unique local design feature other generic texas theme or oil companies

DJI_0289-Pano.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, alxy8s said:

FpjkHzv.png

I think Ohio State just came up with a generic logo as the shield means nothing in Dallas or Columbus.  It was the same for the 2002 championship as well. 

Ohio State Buckeyes Champion Logo - NCAA Division I (n-r) (NCAA n-r) -  Chris Creamer's Sports Logos Page - SportsLogos.Net

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, alxy8s said:

FmTAjt0XEAwo2z1?format=jpg&name=large

You nailed it. 

Interesting - that’s two years in a row that they’ve had two versions of the champions logo. 2021 and 2022 each had versions with the CFP logo and separate logos with the CFP logo swapped out for the Georgia state outline. Weird. I prefer the CFP logo. Of course I say that and just now realize my avi has the state outline. Lol.

54 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Interesting - that’s two years in a row that they’ve had two versions of the champions logo. 2021 and 2022 each had versions with the CFP logo and separate logos with the CFP logo swapped out for the Georgia state outline. Weird. I prefer the CFP logo. Of course I say that and just now realize my avi has the state outline. Lol.

Last year, someone with the school clarified that the version with the CFP logo can only be used in applications where it’s specifically licensed by the manufacturer of whatever item. It’s on Nike merch for sure, but other items are hit and miss. The state outline in a football is the generic trade out they make when the CFP rights aren’t held. 

Agreed, though. The gold really pops on the version it’s included on. 

PJU85JF.png