College Football 2022

Kevin W.

8 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Not sure why they'd wear white when Texas will be. But it's not out of the ordinary for them.

I initially had the same thought, but they are playing UNC in the Holiday. Was hoping for a apple green/ carolina blue game. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

1 minute ago, lahaye7 said:

I initially had the same thought, but they are playing UNC in the Holiday. Was hoping for a apple green/ carolina blue game. 

If we could get yellow,green,yellow vs Carolina blue, Carolina blue, white... I'd faint. But we probably will get all white ducks vs. Carolina in all navy. 

14 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

If we could get yellow,green,yellow vs Carolina blue, Carolina blue, white... I'd faint. But we probably will get all white ducks vs. Carolina in all navy. 

Based on the helmets the Tar Heels are wearing in practice, it looks like they’ll be in their throwbacks. I’m guessing the Ducks go white/white/green, as they’ve already worn all-white this year.

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

24 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Based on the helmets the Tar Heels are wearing in practice, it looks like they’ll be in their throwbacks. I’m guessing the Ducks go white/white/green, as they’ve already worn all-white this year.

this would be pretty solid also 

• Like 1

Here is the Peach Bowl Field design. I wish they would paint the endzones, but it’s not too surprising considering the Falcons play there the day after.

spacer.png

One small change from the last time the Peach hosted a semifinal is that the CFP logos are now outlined in black. I believe that’s standard for the other NY6 bowls, but last time the CFP logos were plain gold against the turf.

spacer.png

I would expect they’ll do another coat of paint closer to the game as the paint is already a bit faded.

I dislike the way the Georgia endzone is treated. I understand that they tend to use the style used at the home team’s stadium, but when the other team’s endzone is in their colors, I feel like the other should be, as well. This has often been the case in the SEC Championship. I wish they would paint it red like the one time they did it in the SEC title game in 2018.

spacer.png

Other CFP games for Georgia have had red text against a black background or white text against a red background.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I’m ready for Oregon to find something new. The winged helmet has overstayed its welcome to me, and this particular template is just a mess. A simpler base template and a return to the “O” on the side of the helmet would make me happy. 

As an Oregon fan, I disagree. Especially with the winged helmets, I much prefer a version of winged helmets over just the “O” on the sides. I suppose I’d be fine with a mix of both, but my ideal situation would be to bring back the mallard finish lids with the “O” on the sides and have every other helmet (apple green, yellow, black and/or white) with wings. There are definitely some Oregon fans that prefer the simpler helmets, but based on what I’ve seen I’d say a majority prefer the wings.

As for the jerseys, I’ve actually enjoyed this base design quite a bit. It’s more distinctive than 2018-20 and more cohesive than 2016-2017. It’s sticking around for one more year next year, and I’m hoping what comes in 2024 will build off of the current look but have color balance more similar to what was seen from 2009-2015. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but the mix & match ability is what defined those eras of Oregon’s uniforms and it’s something this set has lacked a little bit.

Shameless plug, but here’s what I’ve recently come up with as a concept idea for 2024:

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

As an Oregon fan, I disagree. Especially with the winged helmets, I much prefer a version of winged helmets over just the “O” on the sides. I suppose I’d be fine with a mix of both, but my ideal situation would be to bring back the mallard finish lids with the “O” on the sides and have every other helmet (apple green, yellow, black and/or white) with wings. There are definitely some Oregon fans that prefer the simpler helmets, but based on what I’ve seen I’d say a majority prefer the wings.

As for the jerseys, I’ve actually enjoyed this base design quite a bit. It’s more distinctive than 2018-20 and more cohesive than 2016-2017. It’s sticking around for one more year next year, and I’m hoping what comes in 2024 will build off of the current look but have color balance more similar to what was seen from 2009-2015. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but the mix & match ability is what defined those eras of Oregon’s uniforms and it’s something this set has lacked a little bit.

Shameless plug, but here’s what I’ve recently come up with as a concept idea for 2024:

These are the only good wing helmets Oregon has done

3a814d991fff4c017fc19a41145f6d7c.jpg

36286c007fde4d9c6087d33f7b97d22b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Meh 1
  • Dislike 4

10 minutes ago, WestCoastBias said:

These are the only good wing helmets Oregon has done

3a814d991fff4c017fc19a41145f6d7c.jpg

36286c007fde4d9c6087d33f7b97d22b.jpg

If I did a ranking of all of the winged helmets the Ducks have done, neither of those would be in the top half. Those first ones were revolutionary for the Ducks and for all of CFB, but purely aesthetically they don’t measure up with a lot of the other winged helmets the Ducks have done.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Watched a bit of the Holiday Bowl. Gotta say, UNC’s regular uniforms are way better than their throwbacks. The stripes have totally inconsistent thicknesses across the helmet, jersey, and pants. They could be good with a tidying up, but they don’t beat out their regular set, which are already some of the best in college football.

Speaking of UNC, check out their QB’s sleeve stripes. The bottom navy stripe is about as thick as both the top navy and middle white stripes combined.

spacer.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Watched a bit of the Holiday Bowl. Gotta say, UNC’s regular uniforms are way better than their throwbacks. The stripes have totally inconsistent thicknesses across the helmet, jersey, and pants. They could be good with a tidying up, but they don’t beat out their regular set, which are already some of the best in college football.

Speaking of UNC, check out their QB’s sleeve stripes. The bottom navy stripe is about as thick as both the top navy and middle white stripes combined.

spacer.png

Totally agree, their regular set of uniforms are a modern classic

spacer.png

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, WestCoastBias said:

Totally agree, their regular set of uniforms is a modern classic

spacer.png

Speaking of modern classics, Texas Tech has an excellent set. Great use of school colors, unique and coherent striping and a solid number font. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Speaking of modern classics, Texas Tech has an excellent set. Great use of school colors, unique and coherent striping and a solid number font. 

Texas Tech falls into the same trap as countless teams with mix-and-match elements; plenty of excellent combinations exist and yet they consistently choose the worst ones.

• Like 4

I like the wings on Oregon’s helmet as a basic design, but I wish they could control their dumber instincts and avoid fading gradients and  the silly chromed up nonsense. Solid color yellows and greens on contrasting color helmets would be an obvious win.

I’ve said before Oregon has one of the best uniform possibilities right within reach, but just can’t help themselves from tarting it up.  Go with the wings  on the helmet, duck profile on the sleeve, O on the front collar and pants hip. Use nothing but white, yellow, and that gorgeous bright green.  Stop with all the ugly patterns, sparkles,  shiny stars, metal plating… ugh. It’s like they have a seasoned designer make all the decisions until the very end, when the bring in the tweeners with their bedazzles and glitter glue.  Stop it. Keep it simple and let the amazing colors and nice graphics do all the work

• Like 13