College Football 2022

Kevin W.

On 12/20/2022 at 2:53 PM, okcsooner35 said:

https://twitter.com/frog_football/status/1605056491316252672?s=46&t=GTDKs8wIhv4poAWppg4BRQ

@29texan — any info on this?

Sounds to me like the white uniform/pants with potentially a new white helmet? Or it could just mean TCU is going all white with their current white helmet.

10 days late, but yeah, they're going with the all whites.

It'll be interesting... another battel of traditional vs. modern.

• Like 1

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

4 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

wonder if they could go with drop shadows on these?

I think one thing I really like about the UNC throwbacks is the contrast between the navy and columbia (carolina?) blues. And one treatment on the throwbacks that really brings that out is how thick some of the navy stripes/accents are. QB sleeve-weirdness aside, the thicker stripes and the drop shadow (as opposed to just a run-of-the-mill keyline around each number) help bring out that contrast in a way that's both pleasing and non-intrusive.

• Like 4

The Arizona Bowl between Ohio and Wyoming may have been one of the best-looking games yet. The Barstool broadcast was... interesting, but the on-field appearance was nice. Not a lot of gimmicks, and two very well designed uniforms.

63af78a0abfe6.image.jpg?resize=500%2C503

• Like 17

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

24 minutes ago, walkerws said:

What’s your ideal? This is what most people think when looking at Michigan 

spacer.png

Navy socks make all the difference in the world. Anything with maize pants is still a win, but navy socks make for the best and most balanced overall look.

• Like 21
  • Love 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Tulane looks fantastic today. The satin finish on the green helmets keeps that color from looking drab. I say, if they win this game, let’s let them back into the SEC on worthiness from quality and aesthetics. 

Also, Utah-Penn State is going to look unreal today. Might be my vote for uniform matchup of the year. 

• Like 1

Watching the semifinal between Georgia and Ohio State on Saturday night, I thought both teams’ uniforms adapted really nicely onto the Vapor FUSE template. We had already gotten a glimpse at the jerseys beforehand, so it wasn’t really a surprise.

spacer.png

spacer.png

As you can see in that photo of CJ Stroud (and as we already knew beforehand), it’s unfortunate that tOSU’s B1G patch had to be applied so high up because of the chevron seam on the chest. I still think the Buckeyes would’ve been better served by going with the horizontal seam across the chest like what Oregon used on their Ohana uniforms in 2020 and what Seahawks players tested that same year. 

One thing I did find interesting was that, as far as I could tell, none of Georgia or tOSU’s pants had the integrated thigh, hip, knee, and tailbone padding that was highlighted back when Oregon first unveiled the template back in 2019:

spacer.png

spacer.png

There have been a couple of Oregon players use pants with the conventional pad pockets the last couple of years (namely Bo Nix this year), but a vast majority of Oregon’s players (even o-linemen) have used the pants with the integrated padding system since 2019. I haven’t heard from players directly, but I have heard second-hand accounts of how much the players have liked the pants with the lighter integrated pads.

Would be very curious to know if Nike even gave UGA or tOSU the option to receive pants with the integrated pads, of if it was a choice by the EQ staffs and/or players to stick with the more conventional pants.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1