College Football 2022

Kevin W.

I agree. They both transitioned seamlessly. Seeing the template in action, it looked like it was a much more subtle template change than other ones in the past. Speaking for Georgia, they went from the old school mesh style up until 2012 to the Nike Flywire style with the chunky collar in 2013. That was a big change. When they went to the Speed Machine template in 2017, it was so much cleaner than the Flywire style. Other schools had the Mach Speed (I think that started around 2014) which had a strange collar construction and curvy sleeve caps that impacted how stripes looked. This newest Nike template looks pretty harmless and not much different unless you see it up close.

I noticed Georgia’s pants logo is much smaller than in years prior. It’s similar in size to the collar logo.

spacer.png

In years prior, the pants logo was approximately twice the size of the collar logo.

spacer.png

Only other noticeable change I could see was that it looked like the numbers are applied a bit lower on the new template. On the old template, they sat a bit higher closer to the collar.

1 minute ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I feel like I’ve been looking at that number 14 Penn State jersey for about fifteen years. 

Sorta like how Iowa always seems to have a prominent player wearing number 16.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

31 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

Is there a reason ESPN is using two different Utah logos? They have the circle and feather on their website, but have been using the double U for TV.

The Circle and Feather logo is their primary, the double U is being shown because that's the logo the Utes are currently wearing on their uniforms for the Rose Bowl.

• Like 1

And the last game before the National Championship is a half dud...Utah and Penn State were evenly matched in the first half, and then Penn State's defense turned into Gandalf.  Ute shall not pass indeed.

• Like 3

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

12 hours ago, Dynasty said:

Is there a reason ESPN is using two different Utah logos? They have the circle and feather on their website, but have been using the double U for TV.

It also annoys me that for the booth they use a primary helmet instead of the helmet being worn for that game. It's not that difficult to update them. And most of the time schools announce the helmets at least 48 hours ahead of time.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

It also annoys me that for the booth they use a primary helmet instead of the helmet being worn for that game. It's not that difficult to update them. And most of the time schools announce the helmets at least 48 hours ahead of time.

Well unless they are getting the helmets straight from the teams I don’t think the networks have the capabilities to have all the possible shell, face masks and decal combos a team can wear and just buy the stock primary helmet from what ever manufacturer for each team

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Well unless they are getting the helmets straight from the teams I don’t think the networks have the capabilities to have all the possible shell, face masks and decal combos a team can wear and just buy the stock primary helmet from what ever manufacturer for each team

I meant for the backdrop in the booth which is computer generated. They usually have the correct helmets when hosting GameDay.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

38 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I meant for the backdrop in the booth which is computer generated. They usually have the correct helmets when hosting GameDay.

Same thing, they probably have just a couple of stock files for graphics, and not every combination possible.

42 minutes ago, dont care said:

Same thing, they probably have just a couple of stock files for graphics, and not every combination possible.

It's a computer program though, so it doesn't take much time to make the changes. It's a Photoshop add on. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's a computer program though, so it doesn't take much time to make the changes. It's a Photoshop add on. 

That still takes time and money to do, it’s not just clicking and filling, and with them being animated in some applications so it’s not just photoshop, it takes actual graphic design software like unreal engine to perform and create.

3 hours ago, dont care said:

That still takes time and money to do, it’s not just clicking and filling, and with them being animated in some applications so it’s not just photoshop, it takes actual graphic design software like unreal engine to perform and create.

My point is that they know what the helmets are ahead of time if they do any research into it, and that's why it's annoying when they don't bother to match them up with that week's games. It's not that intensive if you add in every known helmet prior to the season, and then you only need to add maybe 10-12 helmets during the year for the Power 5 teams.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, dont care said:

It’s ESPN they can afford it 😂

• Like 2