2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The problem with the Titans is that they don't really have an identity. They have components of the original Titans look, but not in a way that you feel like you can define what they should look like (the Jaguars have this same problem).

That's a very succinct way to describe it. The pieces are there but it doesn't scream TITANS.

I think what really defined the original Titans look was the double blue (actually a rare combo in the NFL) and the shoulder yokes.

9754316-nfl-tennessee-titans-at-kansas-c

I think they have some combinations now that look more Titans-y, such as the navy over Columbia. I think you could easily tweak this look into something that feels more on brand. Maybe adding a touch more red (number outlining? facemask?), dropping the arm pit panels and ditching the silvers (swap with Columbia).

0ce0cdcd-063a-44a8-a7a9-60530ce7d43d-tit

• Like 6

The Vikings were the team who went the longest without wear white jerseys at home since the last time they wore white at home. 

Here are the teams who who have gone the longest without wearing white tops at home since they last did it. Seattle does not count into this being that the Seahawks never wore white at home.

Teams who if you count just their own home stadiums, and exclude the Super Bowl or neutral site games.

1. Pittsburgh Steelers (1969)

2. Denver Broncos (2003)

3. Kansas City Chiefs (2006)

4. Arizona Cardinals (2009)

5. New England Patriots (2011)

If you count teams who wore white as the Super Bowl host team and regardless of stadium.

1.  Kansas City Chiefs (2006)

2. Arizona Cardinals (2009)

3. Philadelphia Eagles (2015)

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

That's a very succinct way to describe it. The pieces are there but it doesn't scream TITANS.

I think what really defined the original Titans look was the double blue (actually a rare combo in the NFL) and the shoulder yokes.

9754316-nfl-tennessee-titans-at-kansas-c

I think they have some combinations now that look more Titans-y, such as the navy over Columbia. I think you could easily tweak this look into something that feels more on brand. Maybe adding a touch more red (number outlining? facemask?), dropping the arm pit panels and ditching the silvers (swap with Columbia).

0ce0cdcd-063a-44a8-a7a9-60530ce7d43d-tit

HZuKjZa.jpegtndESh0.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Hurl 1
  • Meh 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The problem with the Titans is that they don't really have an identity. They have components of the original Titans look, but not in a way that you feel like you can define what they should look like (the Jaguars have this same problem).

That said, I think they look nice when they lean in on red accents:

defense--endzonecelebration.jpg

But still, I'd describe their overall look as collegiate more than anything else, and that's not a compliment at all.

Well I guess after four years into these cosplay costumes, they may as well have redefined [whatever] their identity [is supposed to be]--but not in a good way, fa' sho. I can piecemeal everything that's wrong with their current look, but I've already done that once. The above photo does, however, illustrate the most glaring issue (and its one that's been around ever since the Adelphia Coliseum days): take a look at the wordmark painted on the field behind those guys. If one didn't know any better, one would think the light blue--which up until four years ago was their primary color--would be for some type of special promotion. See all the red accents? That's also about the amount of color distribution you'd have seen at Adelphia-turned-LP Field--there wasn't a trace of light blue anywhere on or in they stadium apart from the team store. I was just in there a few weeks ago and sure enough, they've removed just about all of it from inside there, too...it's mostly white and navy now. I'm not surprised; right before I moved from down there they started adding more and more navy and red signage all around the grounds and even changed the team name wordmark above the door to the pro shop from light blue to red. That's when I knew something [more) was up.

Are they a navy team? A teal team? And red/white/navy team? The answer to all of those questions can't be yes, except for the Titans, it is.

Lolz 😆

58 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

I feel like I should hate just about everything about the Titans uniforms, but I just don't. I'd prefer if they didn't wear mono, but it doesn't bother me as much as it should. If they paired the powder blue more, I would really like their uniforms

*ducks*

I'm actually gonna back you--somewhat--on this [gasp!], but with one ginormous caveat: you have to separate in your mind the light blue from their brand for this to work. Simply from a color blocking perspective, these two looks:

tTA7KNt.jpeg

...are not bad. (Those are actually set up inside the pro shop at the stadium...all that gray was at one point light blue.) If they kept it to that consistently, they might have a bit stronger on-field identity, or at least little better looking. As it is, they just all over the place.

They definitely need to choose a lane during their next branding life and drive steady down it--either keep the gray and ax the light blue, or reinstate the light blue and kill the gray (and red along with it).

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

This shocks me, considering how often they used to open the season with a few WAH games seemingly every year.  Guess it was a coaches decision, since they wore WAH during the Andy Reid and Chip Kelly years, but not since.  I wouldn't think the coaches have any say in these things, but maybe they do.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, gothedistance said:

The Vikings were the team who went the longest without wear white jerseys at home since the last time they wore white at home. 

Here are the teams who who have gone the longest without wearing white tops at home since they last did it. Seattle does not count into this being that the Seahawks never wore white at home.

Teams who if you count just their own home stadiums, and exclude the Super Bowl or neutral site games.

1. Pittsburgh Steelers (1969)

2. Denver Broncos (2003)

3. Kansas City Chiefs (2006)

4. Arizona Cardinals (2009)

5. New England Patriots (2011)

If you count teams who wore white as the Super Bowl host team and regardless of stadium.

1.  Kansas City Chiefs (2006)

2. Arizona Cardinals (2009)

Eagles should wear WAH every year vs. Dallas. It's the spirit of that rivalry. 

16 minutes ago, SnekWings15 said:

Eagles should wear WAH every year vs. Dallas. It's the spirit of that rivalry. 

It's weak.  It's admitting that you need some extra luck in order to win the game.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

It's weak.  It's admitting that you need some extra luck in order to win the game.

And? Part of sports is gimmicks and pulling psychological stunts on your opponents. A strong component of the Dallas-Philly rivalry was the Eagles forcing the Cowboys to wear their blue jerseys invoking the “blue jersey curse.” Even if it's a bit silly, it adds to the fun. Besides it's an extra game Dallas wears blue. Their superior jersey. 

9 hours ago, SnekWings15 said:

And? Part of sports is gimmicks and pulling psychological stunts on your opponents. A strong component of the Dallas-Philly rivalry was the Eagles forcing the Cowboys to wear their blue jerseys invoking the “blue jersey curse.” Even if it's a bit silly, it adds to the fun. Besides it's an extra game Dallas wears blue. Their superior jersey. 

I don't think they did that nearly as much as people think they did.  They famously did it in the '80 NFCCG, and definitely a few times since, but not that often.  To say it's the "spirit" of the rivalry is simply not true.

According to GUD, here's all the Eagles WAH games.  There's certainly some against the Cowboys, but if you look at seasons in which they didn't wear WAH against a lot of teams (probably early season games), they didn't target the Cowboys for a WAH game that often - and the "famous" times that I recall (for example, 1995) they were huge underdogs and needed all the nonsensical lucky charms they could get.  So again, "spirit of the rivalry" is not true, and is driven by one very famous game, and no more than a handful.

What blew my mind when doing this exhaustive research (lol) is that I have no memory of them being a WAH-only team in '88 and '89, which are seasons I am old enough to remember (but I guess I wasn't paying as much attention back then.)

"Eagles: 1967 vs Saints; 1971 every home game; 1973 every home game; 1980 NFC CG vs Cowboys; 1982 vs (Commanders); 1983 vs (Commanders), Cardinals, Bears and Cowboys; 1984 vs Vikings and 49ers; 1985 (new unis) & 1986 every home game; 1987 vs Saints, Bears and Cowboys; 1988 every home game; 1989 every home game except vs Raiders (including NFC WCG vs Rams); 1990 vs Cardinals and Colts; 1991 vs Cardinals and Steelers; 1992 vs Saints, Brocnos and Cowboys; 1993 vs Cardinals, (Commanders), Bears and Cowboys; 1994 vs Bears, Packers (throwbacks) and (Commanders); 1995 every home game (including NFC WCG vs Lions); 1996 (new unis) vs Lions, Cowboys (green pants) and Dolphins; 1997 vs Packers, (Commanders) and Cardinals; 1998 vs Seahawks, Chiefs and (Commanders); 1999 vs Cardinals, Buccaneers and Cowboys (all green pants); 2001 vs Rams (white pants) and Cowboys (green pants); 2003 vs Buccaneers, Patriots (both in white pants) and (Commanders) (green pants); 2004 vs Giants and Panthers; 2005 vs 49ers; 2006 vs Giants and Cowboys; 2007 vs (Commanders) and Cowboys; 2008 vs Rams, Steelers, and (Commanders); 2009 vs Saints, Chiefs and Buccaneers (all in green pants); 2010 vs (Commanders) and Falcons (both green pants); 2012 vs Ravens (green pants); 2013 vs Chargers (green pants); 2014 vs Jaguars, (Commanders), Rams (all in white pants); 2015 vs Cowboys (white pants)."

33 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

We just had a dozen comments on the Titans and none of them mentioned removing the armpit blocks. 

I'm disappointed in every single one of you.

I’m sure we all thought it.

Its just a broken record at this point that doesn’t need to be spun

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Specifically this one:

CunninghamWebArticle.jpg?ext=.jpg

Those will never look right to me with the twill numbers.  They looked thinner than the pressed/screened numbers.  Definitely had a thinner stroke.  Fortunately they only wore for one season.

I hope next season's throwback more faithfully emulates the non-twill version of the jersey... and gets the font right (meaning, diagonal corners of the 6s and 9s, diagonal arm on the 5, and diagonal corner of the 4.  The retail throwbacks that RBK put out (and maybe Nike does now) miss some or all of those details.