2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

49 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Worst uniform season in NFL history?

spacer.png

There's an argument to be made about this being the worst NFL season aesthetically, but I don't think that it can solely attributed to the BFBS boom.

To get the full picture we need to look at the sock situation, which makes good uniforms bad and bad uniforms worse. We also need to look at the mismanagement of uniform combinations like the Jets all-green look, the Bills all-blue look, and the Broncos blue and white combo. Throw bad primary jerseys into the mix (Jacksonville's set, the Commies' white jersey, and the Falcons' set) and you'll get a better understanding of the NFL's uniform blunders.

I agree that the NFL's uniform situation has gotten much worse this season, but it can't really be summed up in one photo, especially when it only highlights one aspect of NFL uniforms from this season.

• Like 10

A few Week 18 thoughts as Christmas progresses:

• Falcons-Ravens didn't look bad. As I've said before, I'd have preferred they save black/purple for the next game after 4pm (which we won't have to wait long for now), but I'm assuming they used it just for the mix-n'-match fun or as I had anticipated, the home schedule was not looking good for being flexed into the late Sunday window or into SNF. And thanks to Pittsburgh somehow staying alive in the playoff hunt, Steelers-Ravens in Baltimore gets flexed into Sunday night. More on that later.
  • Raiders-Steelers....I don't need to say much. It looks nostalgic.
  • Would've preferred retro aqua vs the Packers, but what we got is still good.
  • Didn't think the Eagles would sport their black helmets away from the friendly confines of Philly, but they did. I was surprised that they opted for black uniforms in Dallas to begin with. I would've stuck to the midnight green and white.
  • Giants-Vikings annoyed me. Not because of the white-out gimmick, but because it was against the Giants in blue, a closely related primary color to the Vikings purple. I'd much rather they do this against a team like the Jags (teal or black) or the Bears (navy or orange). I don't fuss about opponent colors clashing often, but this was a rare case. 

So I wonder what uniform the Ravens go with for SNF vs Pittsburgh next week? Before the flex, I expected non-CR purple/purple or purple/white/ since they won't hit on all the combinations this year.  And black/purple would've been my easy choice for SNF had they not worn it vs ATL. Honestly, I could still them going all-purple to not repeat wearing black like they did vs PIT last year or just to fulfill a "purple-out" vs their rival team.

• Like 1

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

On the bright side, the NFL has more than enough All Blacks to perform Ka Mate several times over

😛

• LOL 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

15 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

This was the only other time where the Packers were in white jerseys and Dolphins in aqua jerseys. The 1971 game.

CTR AP S FBN FL USA NYWWP Orange Bowl 1971

The 2022 meeting that took place was the second time.

I pointed this out a couple days back. I heard rumors that the Dolphins would wear white throwbacks for this one and I’m glad they didn’t, although it is unclear why that look hasn’t been worn this year.

9 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

Blackest uniform season in NFL history? 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

On 12/24/2022 at 12:19 PM, WSU151 said:

I’ve always thought the Ravens look best in purple jerseys and black pants, but man the black jersey/purple pants look is really good.

The Bears always look great in cold weather home games.

I’m enjoying so many frigid games today…one of the best weekends in the NFL

Part of the factor is that late in the year the sun sit lower in the sky, even at noon, which changes the angle of the lighting.

Also with the dry air (and on a windy day by the lakefront in Chicago, the air is very dry) there's a lot less diffusion creating a very high contrast image if it's a clear day. 

• Like 2

On 12/24/2022 at 5:26 PM, fortunat1 said:

I really do think that the NFL would be better off without all these mono-black uniforms. In each case they look nothing like their primary identity, can be easily mistaken for another team, and are just unnecessary in general. For those reasons, mono-black just isn't a good look for NFL teams.

With that being said, I think that mono-black looks good in a vacuum. It just doesn't make sense for the green and white Jets, or burgundy and gold Commanders. This trend really needs to be left to teams with a legitimate reason to wear all black (there are no NFL teams with a reason to). Even in those limited cases, it needs to be paired with a secondary color that isn't white.

I think the Falcons & Panthers could both make mono-black work as their primary home looks, as it makes sense with their namesakes.

The Ravens and Jaguars can make mono-black work as an occasional alternate, and the issues I have with those uniforms rest in other areas, not the fact that they're mono-black.

The Steelers Color Rush isn't a bad option for one primetime night game a year.

The rest (Jets, Eagles, Commanders, Cardinals) I agree are completely unnecessary and do nothing but dilute the brand.

20 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

• Like 4