MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

Just now, Krudler said:

He's looking forward to rocking these on 100 degree Sunday afternoons in July.

Oh yeah, and especially  the black pants!  

Lets keep an eye out for  Reds ballplayers that drop ice cubes down their underwear this summer

🌞... 😓................... 🧊 😌

• Huh? 2

5 hours ago, adsarebad said:

the look of a defeated man........what is he thinking right here?

-

spacer.png

My guess...and it's only a guess...is: "just because it looked 'good' on your monitor doesn't mean it's gonna translate to fabric". See how much better the rendering behind him looks than the jersey lettering itself.

Edited by M59
My "h" key is sticking. Ugh.
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, adsarebad said:

What is? If you don't mind me asking.

McCall's probably gonna mind, but here goes...
IMO the Orioles made a huge mistake when they went from orange/black/white lettering and numbers to orange/black lettering and numbers on their black alternates. If you're gonna cheap out, why not save even more $ by just going one-layer orange?  It's not like anyone can see that black trim layer most of the time. Even going back to orange/white like the 1993-94 alternates would be preferable to what they have now. Hell, black/orange would be better. I'm getting horse dust in my eyes, so I'll stop now. 😁

• Like 1

Im not a fan. Ive never been a fan of black in the Reds uniforms and logos since it was added in 1999. Im a red and white purist. While I like Cincy as a script, having it and the numbers be black on black is a visibility nightmare. The C  on the hat screams Portland Trail Blazers.  Nothing of this uniform screams Cincinnati. The only bit they do have that even remotely represents the city is Juncta Juvant, and the Buckeye is more for Ohio overall than Cincinnati, and they are hiding in the collar. That being said, while I dont think these are good, they are miles better than Baltimores leak.

• Like 2

Signature intentionally left blank

We see Cincinnati as this vibrant, energetic city. It’s a cutting-edge city,

It's a St. Louis that doesn't make bloggers mad

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't think the Reds' City uniform looks too bad from a purely aesthetic standpoint. Honestly, I think it's about as good as you can do a black-out look (besides the White Sox). The (supposedly brighter) red is necessary to give that pop & contrast to the black. I think the belt should've been red too, although I'm sure some players will do their own thing & sport a red belt (one of the most underrated tragedies of recent baseball aesthetics, along with Stance socks). 

It's crazy to me though that they really just flat-out admitted in the press release that the uniform has little-to-nothing to do with the city itself, but rather that they just wanted to appeal to younger audiences. The Nike-speak for this one is really at an all-time low, as well. It just further supports my take that this City program, despite bringing about some nice design elements here & there, was really half-baked as a concept for MLB.

As for the Orioles leak, yeesh. Even if the uniform ends up having a front number (which is still possible, as replicas normally don't include them), that jersey is as plain as all get-out. It makes me think they might do something pretty crazy with the pants and/or the cap, but still, not looking to be a great uniform for Baltimore. I would have much preferred a Maryland/Baltimore flag inspiration, as basic as that would be.

• Like 5

I know baseball rarely has same color vs same color, but I hope they wear these when the marlins wear their black alt. That would be a glorious dumpster fire.

• Like 2
KISSwall09.jpg

10 hours ago, M59 said:

McCall's probably gonna mind, but here goes...
IMO the Orioles made a huge mistake when they went from orange/black/white lettering and numbers to orange/black lettering and numbers on their black alternates. If you're gonna cheap out, why not save even more $ by just going one-layer orange?  It's not like anyone can see that black trim layer most of the time. Even going back to orange/white like the 1993-94 alternates would be preferable to what they have now. Hell, black/orange would be better. I'm getting horse dust in my eyes, so I'll stop now. 😁

That is true.... i have those aut. jerseys (Davis, Machado.....yeah, i know )  and the black layer is pretty weird.

9 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Im not a fan. Ive never been a fan of black in the Reds uniforms and logos since it was added in 1999. Im a red and white purist. While I like Cincy as a script, having it and the numbers be black on black is a visibility nightmare. The C  on the hat screams Portland Trail Blazers.  Nothing of this uniform screams Cincinnati. The only bit they do have that even remotely represents the city is Juncta Juvant, and the Buckeye is more for Ohio overall than Cincinnati, and they are hiding in the collar. That being said, while I dont think these are good, they are miles better than Baltimores leak.

I guess they chose black because they already have a red alternate jersey.... but still, there should be more red on this one!

How?

I do not know,  perhaps red sleeves, that would be different at least.

8 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Hasn't stopped the Angels with their red on red on red jerseys.

This just reminded me how much I like this jersey and wish the Cardinals would stop screwing around and wear it in games. Their cream alternate has always been lame to me.

652162572.0.jpg

Phillies red alternate is nice too.

bq3ovubyvbjldpqbmkga.jpg

• Like 3
  • Dislike 3

bSLCtu2.png

49 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

This just reminded me how much I like this jersey and wish the Cardinals would stop screwing around and wear it in games. Their cream alternate has always been lame to me.

652162572.0.jpg

That huge white outline looks wretched on the red uniform. The cream uniform with the headspoon looks far nicer and doesn't need a massive outline for the birds and bat, though as a home alt I wish it had the Cardinals Script instead of St Louis.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

That huge white outline looks wretched on the red uniform. The cream uniform with the headspoon looks far nicer and doesn't need a massive outline for the birds and bat, though as a home alt I wish it had the Cardinals Script instead of St Louis.

The Cards used to do a one-day special red jersey for "Cardinals Care" day. While it lacked a front number, the white trim on the front logo was thinner. The one I had also featured headspoon and sleeve piping. It was a front number away from glorious