19 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Thanks! I really wanted to keep the socks yellow for color balance, but I did make the shoes navy. Let me know if this is better:

Phillies-Shibe-Park-navy-shoes.png

I'd really love to make these teams work but they've all either had exclusively corporate-named or flat-out uninteresting ballparks. If anyone has ideas to make them work I'm totally open to suggestions. 

The blue and yellow shoes look great with the socks.

For Arizona,there is the murals on the outside and the Rotunda.

• Like 1

For the Marlins, 501 with the old sculpture? Squared Roof of Hard Rock? Incorporate the Insane amount of Names?

For the Jays, Something with the Dome?

For the Mariners, The King?

• Like 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, but I was on vacation for the past week. However, I'm back and have a stockpile of designs to share! 

On 10/28/2022 at 2:23 PM, Coiler said:

Love the Royals and the (gulp) Phillies designs both.

Diamondbacks: The Chase (a pun on the current name). It'd have light blue (blue not being one of the many colors they've used) to symbolize the stadium's most obvious landmark: The pool.  If you have to have a second color, then "marble" (to symbolize the area around the pool, something like hex #e3e0cd ) would fit.

On 10/29/2022 at 9:54 AM, VampyrRabbit said:

The blue and yellow shoes look great with the socks.

For Arizona,there is the murals on the outside and the Rotunda.

On 10/29/2022 at 3:57 PM, Blindsay said:

For the Marlins, 501 with the old sculpture? Squared Roof of Hard Rock? Incorporate the Insane amount of Names?

For the Jays, Something with the Dome?

For the Mariners, The King?

Ok, these are all good ideas. I think what I might do is try to handle these teams in a way that doesn't use their respective stadium names (maybe just "Miami" for the Marlins). 

On 10/28/2022 at 7:59 PM, chcarlson23 said:

All of these have been really good!! I’d to see the Metrodome for the Twins! 

As a White Sox fan, I don't know if I can bring myself to pay tribute to the Metrodome AKA the House of Horrors. 😉 I was actually planning to do Metropolitan Stadium for the Twins. If I'm feeling inspired enough, I might tackle the Metrodome at the end of this series. 

We return today with the Padres and Petco Park!

Padres-Petco-Park-w-all-brick-front.png

Notes:

- The Padres return to the navy and sand color scheme they were wearing when they moved into Petco in 2004

-  A subtle brick pattern is applied to the jersey as a nod to the Western Metal Supply Company building around which Petco was built. This building's signage also inspired the white block lettering against a dark background across the front of the jersey.  

- The ornate design around the numbers is the Gaslamp District sign in downtown San Diego 

- The cap and sleeve make use of the Padres' prototype palm tree “P" logo from 1999

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 6

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Petco Park 11/6)

Since Padres uniforms have been... offbeat, I can see this being a primary uniform with the bricks replaced by plain brown and the PETCO on the 80s White Sox-esque stripe replaced by PADRES or SAN DIEGO. Love the Plam P and wish the real Padres had adopted it.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 5:22 AM, Coiler said:

Since Padres uniforms have been... offbeat, I can see this being a primary uniform with the bricks replaced by plain brown and the PETCO on the 80s White Sox-esque stripe replaced by PADRES or SAN DIEGO. Love the Plam P and wish the real Padres had adopted it.

Thanks! I should have also mentioned that the raglan sleeves are an homage to the Padres' late '70s uniforms

I meant to have this next team up right after the World Series ended, but the timing didn't work out. Anyway, here are the Astros and the Astrodome!

Astros-Astrodome-mono-orange-navy-sleeve

Notes:

- Mono-orange is a nod to the Astrodome's spacesuit-wearing ushers and grounds crew, with a subtle waffle pattern to mimic the texture of those spacesuits   

- The dotted, gradient-style color pattern on the socks and numbers references the seat colors at the 'Dome 

- The "Astrodome" script comes from the stadium's 30th anniversary logo

- The sleeve design incorporates the Astro-Bull from the park's  scoreboard

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Astrodome 11/8)
23 hours ago, Coiler said:

The Astros are no strangers to bizarre uniforms, so this fits perfectly.

Thanks! 

Hoping to get a little more feedback on the Astros, but in the meantime, here are the Tigers and Tigers Stadium!

Tigers-Tiger-Stadium-w-swinging-tiger-pa

Notes:

- In my research for this project, I was surprised to learn that Tiger Stadium was one of the oldest ballparks in MLB at the time of its closure in 2001. Therefore, I tried to come up with a design that was classy and traditional, while still aiming for something noticeably different than anything Detroit has worn in the past. 
- Inspired by the sign at the main entrance to the ballpark, the script and numbers are neon styled. Similarly, the cap logo is a nod to the roundel-style sign at the front entrance. 
- The use of medium blue pays tribute to the interior of the stadium and seats when they were repainted in the late '70s. 

- The sleeve design makes use of the batting tiger design on the old seats at the park. I think it would be cool if the Tigers embraced this as an actual sleeve patch/logo in the future. 

C&C appreciated as usual! 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Tiger Stadium 11/11)

The Tigers looks a little plain, but that's kind of the point, I guess. It's another connect jersey that could easily work as a normal one.

As for more feedback on the Astros, the pseudo-quilted look reminds me of the Weyland Yutani "stormtroopers" from the end of Alien 3.

spacer.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Coiler said:

The Tigers looks a little plain, but that's kind of the point, I guess. It's another connect jersey that could easily work as a normal one.

Thanks. Would going full mono make the Tigers design less "plain" looking? I also lightened up the medium blue quite a bit.

Tigers-Tiger-Stadium-mono-navy.png

8 hours ago, Coiler said:

As for more feedback on the Astros, the pseudo-quilted look reminds me of the Weyland Yutani "stormtroopers" from the end of Alien 3.

Haha, yeah, I can see that. 

I wanted to share a different take on the Astros, one which uses a mono gold/tan look, similar to the color of the outfits worn by the Spacettes. I think this one's a little easier on the eyes.

Astros-Astrodome-w-dotted-numbers.png

• Like 5
  • Love 2

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Astrodome & Tiger Stadium Updates 11/12)

With the Twins unveiling their new look today, I felt it appropriate to make the Twins the next team in the series, so here's the Metrodome!

Twins-Metrodome-no-outlines.png

On 10/28/2022 at 7:59 PM, chcarlson23 said:

All of these have been really good!! I’d to see the Metrodome for the Twins! 

Notes:

- As a White Sox fan, I possess an innate, burning hatred of the Metrodome, where the Sox seemed incapable of winning. Partly for this reason, my original intent for Minnesota was to use Griffith Stadium, where the Twins played from 1911-60. However, I ultimately had to accept that the Twins are more synonymous with the Metrodome, where the team clinched their previous two World Series championships, both within their first decade of play there. 

- Purple and gold reference the Minnesota Vikings, who also called the Metrodome home from 1982-2013. 

- The arched "Metrodome" script evokes the block "Minnesota" wordmark worn by the Twins from 1987 until their final season at the 'Dome in 2009. 

- The cap "M" comes from the Metrodome logo.

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • WOAH 1

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Metrodome 11/18)
On 11/19/2022 at 6:27 AM, Coiler said:

The purple is blue-ish enough to me that this looks like a Brewers uniform. That being said, the M and scheme would work as a primary uniform (matching the Vikings the way the Pittsburgh teams are all yellow and black?)

Thanks. The purple may look blue, but it's the actual shade the Vikings used from 1966-96

Next up is Forbes Field:

Pirates-Forbes-Field.png

Notes:

- As beautiful as PNC Park is--some consider it to be the MOST beautiful ballpark in all of MLB--I couldn't quite work out how to include the name of a bank on the front of a jersey. Given the choice between a gorgeous modern park with a corporate name vs. a classic historic ballpark, I had to go with the latter. 

- The overall design incorporates elements of the three primary tenants of Forbes: The Homestead Grays (script style and T-bars), Pittsburgh Steelers (black jersey with gold pants & sock stripes), and, of course, the Pirates, with whom the Steelers share a color scheme. 

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Forbes Field 11/21)

I love how you've been able to portray what made these parks iconic.

My favourite so far, hands down, is the Astros' Astrodome, specially with the numbers and sleeve patch. Top notch work!

As for Forbes Field, the combination of inspirations blends perfectly 💯 What about adding a squared sleeve patch based on the Longines clock?

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 12:45 PM, Coiler said:

Not bad, but the dominance of Pittsburgh yellow and black makes it look less "special" and more like a conventional Pirates uniform.

I think the yellow pants and T-bars keep it from looking like a conventional Pirates uniform. 

On 11/25/2022 at 12:40 PM, Victormrey said:

I love how you've been able to portray what made these parks iconic.

My favourite so far, hands down, is the Astros' Astrodome, specially with the numbers and sleeve patch. Top notch work!

As for Forbes Field, the combination of inspirations blends perfectly 💯 What about adding a squared sleeve patch based on the Longines clock?

Thank you! Good suggestion about the Longines clock, but it's something I'm planning on using for a future team, so stay tuned. :wink2:

Up next are the Mets & Shea Stadium!

Mets-Shea-Stadium-round-numbers.png

Notes:

- The Mets get a sleek, mono black treatment loosely inspired by the team's late '90-early 2000s uniforms

- "Neon" racing stripes and scripts/numbers are inspired by the neon players on the facade of the stadium.

- The iconic Home Run Apple is represented on both the cap and surrounding the front numbers. 

C&C appreciated as always! 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Shea Stadium 11/26)
21 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I think the yellow pants and T-bars keep it from looking like a conventional Pirates uniform. 

Thank you! Good suggestion about the Longines clock, but it's something I'm planning on using for a future team, so stay tuned. :wink2:

Up next are the Mets & Shea Stadium!

At the very least, the Pirates connect looks more like a conventional uniform than some of the other connects.

Anyway, the Mets one looks great. It has the same pseudo-futuristic look as the 1980s White Sox, and the neon is a great gimmick.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 10:49 PM, Silence of the Rams said:

If only the Mets had as good of a performance in the NLWC as this concept. LOLMETS IS ETERNAL.

In all seriousness this is cool

On 11/27/2022 at 12:40 PM, Coiler said:

At the very least, the Pirates connect looks more like a conventional uniform than some of the other connects.

Anyway, the Mets one looks great. It has the same pseudo-futuristic look as the 1980s White Sox, and the neon is a great gimmick.

Thanks!

2/3 of the way through the league now. Up next are the Mariners and the Kingdome!

Mariners-Kingdome-w-front-numbers.png

Notes:

- Though it may not have been the most beautiful park, the Kingdome certainly has a place in Mariners' fans hearts
- The royal blue, Kelly green and athletic gold color scheme is meant to evoke the early Mariners, Seahawks and Super Sonics, all of whom called the Kingdome home at some point.

- The cap logo uses the crown design from the 1987-2006 flag of King County (after which the Kingdome was named) while the sleeve design features the Kingdome logo

- Front numbers and the arched horizontal stripe across the front of the jersey are inspired by the Super Sonics' classic 1985-95 uniforms.

C&C appreciated! I'll try to have the next team up by the weekend. 

• Like 5