My general distaste for uniforms that are predominantly not a team color aside, I'm loving these! They actually look like softball uniforms, which works for a place like Milwaukee.

As far as how to incorporate the scoreboard... a sleeve patch of this guy should suffice. Every Brewers fan from the County Stadium era knows the two-fisted slopper!

• Like 3

On 1/23/2023 at 6:47 PM, mcrosby said:

I actually prefer the yellow. The white dots in the brown make it a bit hard to read, imo. This looks more like the light up script from the barrel as well. 

Yeah, the more I look at it, the more I tend to agree. It also helps that the white dots kind of look like bubbles floating in beer. 

On 1/23/2023 at 3:40 PM, NicDB said:

My general distaste for uniforms that are predominantly not a team color aside, I'm loving these! They actually look like softball uniforms, which works for a place like Milwaukee.

As far as how to incorporate the scoreboard... a sleeve patch of this guy should suffice. Every Brewers fan from the County Stadium era knows the two-fisted slopper!

Here you go!

Brewers-Milwaukee-County-Stadium-w-yello

Next up are the Diamondbacks and Chase Field!

D-Backs-Chase-Field-w-pool-sleeve-patch.

Notes:

- This one is sort of a combination of eras type design, pairing the D-Backs' original purple and copper (minus teal) with their modern Sedona red. Like the team's City Connect unis, the sand-colored base (with subtle pinstripes, a la the Twins' new road set) is meant to evoke the park's desert setting. 
- I was loathe to use the name "Chase" on the uniform, but to my knowledge there aren't any decent nicknames for Chase Field that would look good on a jersey. I'm open to suggestions, however. 

- The banner across the front of the jersey is taken from the ballpark's official logo. 

- Red diamonds surround the numbers, inspired by the signage found throughout Chase, which would finally make the players actual "diamond backs." 😉

- The sleeve patch is a rendering of the D-Backs pool. 

- As a subtle detail, the cap logo includes a reference to the three bats sculpture welcoming fans to Chase Field. 

C&C appreciated! Only one team left before I wrap up the series. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Chase Field 1/25)
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Coiler said:

I return!

Brewers: Eh, looks too Padres-ish to me.

Diamondbacks: Looks amazing. For the name on front, the stadium has been nicknamed "The Hangar" because of its looks, so that might work as a non-sponsor name.

IDK about the Brewers one. Color it red and blue and it would look like a Texas Rangers concept

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 2:35 PM, mcrosby said:

The two-fisted slopper is perfect. Where do I purchase? 

Thanks! I found a website carrying the design on a T-shirt here. 

1 hour ago, Coiler said:

I return!

Brewers: Eh, looks too Padres-ish to me.

Diamondbacks: Looks amazing. For the name on front, the stadium has been nicknamed "The Hangar" because of its looks, so that might work as a non-sponsor name.

Thanks! I'll work on other ideas for the D-Backs jersey. 

Wrapping up the series today with the Marlins and Miami Stadium!

Marlins-Marlins-Stadium-w-sleeve-arches.

Notes:

- Yes, I know the stadium where the Marlins play is Loan Depot Park, but before that it was called Marlins Park, so let's just go with that. 

- My design makes heavy use of lime green, inspired by the brightly-colored outfield walls at Marlins Park before they were repainted a few seasons ago. 

- The horizontal stripes across the front and back of the jersey are based on the work of Venezuelan artist Carlos Cruz-Diez (1923-2019), whose artwork "Chromatic Induction in Double Frequency" adorns the walkways leading into the ballpark. 

- Multi-colored parabola-like designs on the sleeves are meant to resemble the infamous home run sculpture formerly in the stadium's outfield. 

And that's a wrap on this series! C&C appreciated on the Marlins and any previous teams. 

Next, I plan on re-posting the team division by division, for those interested in seeing them presented that way. Stay tuned! 

• Like 5

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Marlins Park 2/6)
On 2/6/2023 at 6:06 PM, Coiler said:

The Marlins uniforms look very Bill Veeck-y, and I mean that in the nicest possible way. Great job.

As a White Sox fan, I'd take that as a compliment no matter how you meant it. 😉

First division up is the NL West:

DODGERS:
Dodgers-Dodger-Stadium.png

PADRES:
Padres-Petco-Park-w-all-brick-front.png

GIANTS:
Giants-Candlestick-Park-w-snowy-SF.png

D-BACKS:
D-Backs-Chase-Field-w-pool-sleeve-patch.

ROCKIES:
Rockies-Coors-Field-w-brick-sleeves-dark

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (NL West 2/7)
  • coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (AL East 2/8)
  • coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (NL Central 2/10)
  • coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (AL West 2/11)
  • coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (NL East 2/12)
On 2/12/2023 at 6:42 PM, the admiral said:

Were you able to do a high-resolution version of the Camden Yards B?

Sorry, but this is the best I have:

Orioles-fancy-B.png

Finishing up the divisions today with the AL Central! A few small tweaks to the Royals: I chose a different "K" for the cap (the previous version looked too awkward) and made the undersleeves royal blue. 

GUARDIANS:
Guardians-Cleveland-Stadium-brown-pants.

WHITE SOX:

White-Sox-Comiskey-Park-w-no-white-pipin

TWINS:

Twins-Metrodome-no-outlines.png

TIGERS:

Tigers-Tiger-Stadium-mono-navy.png

ROYALS:

Royals-Kauffman-Stadium-w-different-cap-

C&C appreciated, and thanks for following along! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (AL Central 2/14)
  • 2 months later...

Surprise! To keep a promise I made a while ago to @Discrim, I'm back today with the Expos and Olympic Stadium!

EXPOS:
Expos-Olympic-Stadium-w-vertical-Montrea

Notes:

- For the Expos, I went all-in on the aesthetics of the 1976 Summer Olympics played in Montreal, with a triple striped design modeled after the uniforms worn by Team Canada that year. I originally considered going just red and white but decided to add a touch of blue to keep the uniform from looking too much like the Blue Jays' Canada Day alts. 

- The Olympic logo with lowercase wordmark beneath it are, of course, inspired by those original Expos jerseys. 

- The sleeves bear the silhouette of the iconic Montreal Tower which overlooks Olympic Stadium.

- Stencil style numbers are meant to evoke those worn by marathon runners. 

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Expos 5/10)