18 hours ago, Coiler said:

Kingdome looks great, and I can see the pattern as part of a weird 80s main Mariners uniform.

Thanks!

Next up are the Cardinals and Busch Stadium!

Cardinals-Busch-Stadium-off-white.png

Notes:

- The front of the jersey features a simplified version of the Busch Stadium logo

- Bright red is used as a secondary color to convey a neon glow 

- The fleur-de-lis with crossed bats cap logo comes from Ballpark Village, the entertainment/dining district next to Busch. 
- As a nod to Sportsman's Park, where the Cards played from 1920-1966, the sleeve features the old Anheuser-Busch eagle 

- The flowery numbers are inspired by the ones carved into the commemorative plaque on the exterior of the stadium
- The sleeve and pants pattern is based on the latticework at the park's entrance 

C&C appreciated as always! 

• Like 6
  • WOAH 1

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Busch Stadium 12/5)
On 12/5/2022 at 5:26 PM, Coiler said:

Is clearly a gimmick uniform (which is kind of the point), but I can see it being good for special occasions. Love the ornate front art.

Thanks! I have to say, it would be nice to see the Cards actually wear a red alternate of some kind.

Next up is the A's with Oakland Coliseum!

A-s-Oakland-Coliseum-1980s-script.png

Notes

- Though not usually considered one of the most aesthetically pleasing parks in the league, the fact is the A's have called the coliseum home since they moved to Oakland from Kansas City in 1968. 

- Black and silver of course comes from the Oakland Raiders, with whom the A's shared the coliseum from 1968-2019.  
- The design incorporates several A's throwback elements, including a sleeveless jersey, McAuliffe style numbers and the team's 1987-92 road script. And because this is still an A's concept, the white cleats had to stay. :wink2:

- The large oak tree design on the back of the jersey is similar to the one from the Golden State Warriors' 2017-18 Statement Series alternate. The oak tree design appears in and around the ballpark. 

- The "OC" logo on the cap was used by the coliseum from 1966-96. 

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Oakland Coliseum 12/8)
On 12/9/2022 at 12:15 AM, VampyrRabbit said:

That Oakland uniform is fantastic. The vest and the white shoes look great.

Thanks! Yep, the white cleats had to say.

We stay in the AL West for the next team, the Rangers and Arlington Stadium!

Rangers-Arlington-Stadium-tan-cap.png

Notes:

- The overall design is modeled on the Rangers' old mascot, the Rootin' Tootin' Ranger.

- Cowhide tan-colored pants are meant to resemble chaps, while the red collar mimics the mascot's bandana. I briefly considered putting gun holsters on the sides of the pants but ultimately decided that wouldn't be very P.C. 

- The cap and sleeve use the design from the Arlington flag, which was displayed prominently outside the ballpark.

- I created a new arched "Arlington" script in the style of the 1970s' Rangers' scripts 

- The shape of Texas behind the front numbers is a nod to the stadium's iconic scoreboard

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Arlington Stadium 12/12)
On 12/14/2022 at 6:36 PM, Coiler said:

Both the Oakland and Texas ones look great. I especially love the weird pants for the Rangers.

Thank you!

We close the week out with the Reds and Crosley Field!

Reds-Crosley-Field-white-cap.png

Notes:

- Much like the Pirates, I had to choose between the Reds' gorgeous but corporate-named current stadium or a classic, bygone park the team called home for nearly 60 seasons. Once again, the latter won out. 

- The design makes use of the Longines watchmaker logo, something @Victormrey had suggested I do for the Pirates. It was a good idea, but I knew I wanted to save it for Cincinnati. 

- Red pants, since the team played at Crosley when they were called the "Redlegs." 

- The cap and sleeve logo is a wishbone "C" behind two crossed bats. It's an added bonus that "C" can stand for both "Cincinnati" or "Crosley." 

C&C appreciated!

• Like 6

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Crosley Field 12/16)
15 hours ago, Coiler said:

Looks very much like a late 19th Century French soldier.

spacer.png

More seriously, looks great.

Thanks!

I'm back today with the Indians Guardians and Cleveland Stadium!

Guardians-Cleveland-Stadium-brown-pants.

Notes:

- The "Mistake by the Lake" went by several names, including Municipal Stadium, Cleveland Municipal Stadium and Lakefront Stadium. 

- The color scheme, as well as several other design elements, are drawn from the Cleveland Browns, who also called the stadium home for just shy of fifty seasons. 

- The full team name across the front of the jersey is based on the large sign atop the entrance to the park, sans Wahoo. 

- The horseshoe cap "C" mimics the shape of the stadium

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 5

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Cleveland Stadium 12/23)
On 12/24/2022 at 6:52 PM, Coiler said:

Looks like what you'd expect if the (football) Browns were a baseball team. Nice.

On 12/25/2022 at 11:18 PM, Silence of the Rams said:

Just don't show this to the Modells. They'll send this to Indianapolis via FedEx. 🤣

In all seriousness I hope someone from Nike or new era contacts you to make these real

Thanks for the kind words!

Next up are the Braves and Turner Field!

Braves-Turner-Field-w-roundel-back-numbe

Notes:

- For the Braves, it came down to either Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium or Turner, but the latter ultimately won out.

- Gold is added to the Braves' classic navy and red color scheme, inspired by both the entrance to the park and the stadium's logo

- Olympic torches on the sleeves serve as a reminder that Turner was originally constructed to house the 1996 Summer Olympics

- Film reel-themed piping pays tribute to TV mogul and former Braves owner Ted Turner, after whom the ballpark was named. 

- Clarendon style numbers within a roundel are based on the signage at the site of Hank Aaron's milestone 715's home run

C&C appreciated!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Turner Field 12/27)
On 10/14/2022 at 3:56 PM, coco1997 said:

Thanks! 

Next up are the Rays and Tropicana Field!

Rays-Tropicana-Field-w-block-numbers.png

Notes:

- I wasn't originally planning to tackle Tampa Bay, but I couldn't shake the idea of trying the Rays in orange and forest green. It hit me that the only way to make quite possibly the drabbest stadium in MLB work was to give it the brightest, gaudiest color scheme imaginable. 

- Although this one clearly breaks my "no corporate names" rule, "The Trop" nickname sounds a lot better than "Tropicana" and lends itself better to a jersey design. 

- The "O" in "Trop" has an orange slice inside of it

- The thick sky blue stripe with rays on the socks is inspired by the Touch Tank at the stadium

C&C appreciated as always! 

I'd buy a snapback of this cap tbh. I love this design.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 6:52 PM, weirdguyace said:

I'd buy a snapback of this cap tbh. I love this design.

Thanks!

First team of the New Year. Here are the Blue Jays and the Sky Dome!

Blue-Jays-Sky-Dome-w-stars-back-stars.pn

Notes:

- Medium blue and athletic gold come from the Sky Dome logo, with rounded numbers to match. 

- The front and back of the jersey are adorned with a field of stars from the original Sky Dome merchandise. The jerseys would be sans player names on the back in order to accommodate the star design. 

- The cap design features the silhouette of the famous CN Tower within a Toronto "T." 

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • WOAH 1

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (SkyDome 1/3)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I know it's been a while since I've posted a new team. There are two main reasons for this: One, I've gotten sidetracked by another fun series I recently started, and two, to be quite honest, I kind of ran out of steam trying to come up with ideas for the final few teams. However, I'm determined to finish this project, which I plan to do within the next week or so.

On 1/12/2023 at 6:57 AM, Coiler said:

Love both the Braves and Jays uniforms.

Thanks!

On 10/5/2022 at 3:28 PM, NicDB said:

Considering the uniforms they wore until a couple years ago could literally be part of this series, I'd recommend something based on County Stadium, where there's so much more to work with. The (in)famous scoreboard, the chalet, Bernie's stein, the red infield fence, etc.

Finally responding to this nearly four months later, because I'm back this evening with the Brewers and Milwaukee County Stadium!

Brewers-Milwaukee-County-Stadium-w-sleev

Notes:

- The overall design and sleeve/pants/waistband pattern are based on the lederhosen worn by Bernie Brewer and other employees at the ballpark
- I decided to add a bit of Brewers powder blue to a primarily brown and gold color scheme to hopefully quell the obvious Padres comparisons, and because I think it's an interesting look. 

- The arched "Milwaukee" wordmark is inspired by the illuminated letters on the giant beer barrel in centerfield 

- Gold racing stripes on the sleeves are meant to evoke the slide leading from Bernie's chalet into the beer stein below 

- Player numbers on the back are set against a beer barrel design 

- The cap features a block "M" within a chalet

@NicDB I couldn't think of a good way to work in something related to the scoreboard but if you have any ideas, I'd be more than happy to revisit this design.

C&C appreciated! I plan to be back with another team sooner rather than later. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Cathedral Connect Series (Milwaukee County Stadium 1/21)
48 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Hey guys, I know it's been a while since I've posted a new team. There are two main reasons for this: One, I've gotten sidetracked by another fun series I recently started, and two, to be quite honest, I kind of ran out of steam trying to come up with ideas for the final few teams. However, I'm determined to finish this project, which I plan to do within the next week or so.

Thanks!

Finally responding to this nearly four months later, because I'm back this evening with the Brewers and Milwaukee County Stadium!

Brewers-Milwaukee-County-Stadium-w-sleev

Notes:

- The overall design and sleeve/pants/waistband pattern are based on the lederhosen worn by Bernie Brewer and other employees at the ballpark
- I decided to add a bit of Brewers powder blue to a primarily brown and gold color scheme to hopefully quell the obvious Padres comparisons, and because I think it's an interesting look. 

- The arched "Milwaukee" wordmark is inspired by the illuminated letters on the giant beer barrel in centerfield 

- Gold racing stripes on the sleeves are meant to evoke the slide leading from Bernie's chalet into the beer stein below 

- Player numbers on the back are set against a beer barrel design 

- The cap features a block "M" within a chalet

@NicDB I couldn't think of a good way to work in something related to the scoreboard but if you have any ideas, I'd be more than happy to revisit this design.

C&C appreciated! I plan to be back with another team sooner rather than later. 

Yeehaw!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mcrosby said:

Brewers are beautiful. Could we see the arched "Milwaukee" in the same style as the numbers, yellow outlined in brown? 

Thanks! Here are the Brewers with a gold script:

Brewers-Milwaukee-County-Stadium-w-yello

It looks pretty good, but the brown script is probably a little easier to read. What do you think?