22-23 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

20 hours ago, who do you think said:

Well good news, the Celtics will never change their approach and try to scrap out a win if the threes aren't falling, so all Philly has to do is just show up and hope for two more bad shooting nights.

Hope you put money on that.

Humiliating loss for players without heart and a coach in way over his head. I’d had a nagging feeling this might be the year the Sixers finally don’t crap the bed against the Celtics, but didn’t think that would happen with an injured Embiid.

• Like 2

On the one hand, the refs were allowing some really dangerous plays tonight, mostly committed by one team.

On the other hand, LA has plenty of opportunity to shoot themselves back into the game but they mostly turned it over and got outrebounded. Not going to win that way.

And if AD is out for game 6, you won't win that way either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just now, who do you think said:

Celtics live to fight another day despite a mostly horrible game by Tatum. Williams looked conscious and they only played 7 guys. See what happens when you show up tonight and stop playing for tomorrow?

What was with the sequence where there was a "clear path" foul, Embiid shoots the free throws, then there's action and another foul (which was reviewed), and then the referees said "our bad, Embiid shouldn't have shot those free throws a few minutes ago, Maxey should have" - and then took points off the board and made Maxey shoot the free throws even though time had come off the clock and they honored a foul that was called?  That doesn't make any sense. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

What was with the sequence where there was a "clear path" foul, Embiid shoots the free throws, then there's action and another foul (which was reviewed), and then the referees said "our bad, Embiid shouldn't have shot those free throws a few minutes ago, Maxey should have" - and then took points off the board and made Maxey shoot the free throws even though time had come off the clock and they honored a foul that was called?  That doesn't make any sense. 

No clue, I had most of the game muted while multitasking other stuff.

Jesus Denver.

10 minutes ago, BBTV said:

That was stupid. NBA refs saw how much TV time NFL refs get and they got the wrong ideas.

• Like 1

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Kevon Looney knocked AD's lights out yesterday so the Warriors do the natural thing of calling Wiggins questionable with bruised ribs.

Wiggins is absolutely going to start and going to play and this is just more Warriors gamesmanship. They play the refs in the media before game 5 and are now playing the injury report before game 6.

So tired of that franchise, whether they're beating the Lakers or not.

• Yawn 1

On one hand the Nuggets have been far and away the best team all season and have shown no signs of faltering but on the other hand it’s gonna be really hard to bet against teams with vastly more championship experience in the WCF. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

11 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

On one hand the Nuggets have been far and away the best team all season and have shown no signs of faltering but on the other hand it’s gonna be really hard to bet against teams with vastly more championship experience in the WCF. 

They've got what's been most critical to almost every championship team since 2015: health.

21 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

These Lakers (as a team) don't have that much more playoff experience than the Nuggets.

6uXNWAo.png

6 minutes ago, Cujo said:

These Lakers (as a team) don't have that much more playoff experience than the Nuggets.

True but LeBron and AD have never lost a series together with both fully healthy.

If AD’s full strength and the Lakers bench players keep it up I could see them winning, but the rest and home court advantage for the Nuggets is massive. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

I keep thinking Tatum can't possibly have a worse game than the last one and then he goes and proves me wrong. Hasn't reached Kyrie's active-sabotage levels of 2019 (he's still played good defense last night, holding Philly to 86 points in an elimination game is nuts) but it's bizarre stuff.

Will also need Horford to stop chucking up ill-advised threes if the ring train is to roll on. What does it take to understand when something is maybe not quite working for you?

11 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Kevon Looney knocked AD's lights out yesterday so the Warriors do the natural thing of calling Wiggins questionable with bruised ribs.

Wiggins is absolutely going to start and going to play and this is just more Warriors gamesmanship. They play the refs in the media before game 5 and are now playing the injury report before game 6.

So tired of that franchise, whether they're beating the Lakers or not.

Looney's hit on AD was way over blown. You've been a whiny little :censored: since the day you started on this forum. Go jack off to your LeBron poster.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Yawn 1