My vision of a USFL

Soblito

Yeah agree with what everyone else has already said, these are super good. They all feel unique and well thought out in terms of team names and smart design. I would love to see each logo bigger as individual posts.

Also echoing that breaking ties from the USFL may be the best call. The helmet/flag logo is cool enough to stand on it's own, but there's 1 (2 if you count the Bulls originally being Jacksonville) team that carries over from the original USFL. There's WFL teams, and WLAF teams. Plus an unused NFL team name. It's almost like a spring football super league. But the current USFL being tied to markets and brands from 40 years ago seems restrictive and clearly you've pushed the markets away from NFL to spawn teams that weren't on the radar for that league in it's original form.

5 hours ago, WideRight said:

Several really strong logos and concepts here, but not sure what the connection is to the USFL.  Seems like a whole new league rather than a callback to the USFL.  That said, the art itself is solid.  

I was thinking the same exact thing. Some good identities and design there, but it has no connection to the USFL.

1 hour ago, raysox said:

Yeah agree with what everyone else has already said, these are super good. They all feel unique and well thought out in terms of team names and smart design. I would love to see each logo bigger as individual posts.

Also echoing that breaking ties from the USFL may be the best call. The helmet/flag logo is cool enough to stand on it's own, but there's 1 (2 if you count the Bulls originally being Jacksonville) team that carries over from the original USFL. There's WFL teams, and WLAF teams. Plus an unused NFL team name. It's almost like a spring football super league. But the current USFL being tied to markets and brands from 40 years ago seems restrictive and clearly you've pushed the markets away from NFL to spawn teams that weren't on the radar for that league in it's original form.

I would agree with this. I can also recognize some of these as taking inspiration from teams in multiple Spring football leagues, so you may be holding yourself back by attaching the USFL name to it because there definitely are some excellent designs here. The Utah Pioneers and Hampton Roads Sharks in particular stand out to me as clever uses of space and elements of the identity to make really good looking and unique logos. Without context (an alt history story or something) though, how this connects to the USFL is kind of confusing. Even if you used your USFL logo and initials but rebranded it as something like the United Spring Football League, it may help with that.

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png