2023 NFL Offseason thread

Cujo

I'm so happy for Washington fans. Never have I seen a franchise fall into disarray quite like it did under Snyder. 

Maybe a more business savvy person can help me, but how in the heavens are they selling for $6 billion considering they have the most dilapidated stadium in the league? Denver most recently sold for like $4.5 billion. 

I would have thought the fact new ownership would need to pony up $1-2 billion for a stadium would influence the sale number negatively, but I guess not. For example, the Falcons value skyrocketed  after building MBS. 

Absolutely crazy, it's getting to the point where the next team that sells itself might be flirting with $10 billion.

7 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I'm so happy for Washington fans.

To have a non-local ownership group that sees the team as nothing more than an investment and an avenue into other business ventures?  These guys are hedge-fund managers, and treat their teams as nothing other than tools.  If he hires a smart football guy and let's him spend without interference, then it'll probably be a good deal for the fans.  But if he swoops in and then isn't seen again for years (and rotates who is the president/ceo every year, like he did with the Sixers), then the team will still have lots of disfunction - even if not the scummy and illegal kind.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

To have a non-local ownership group that sees the team as nothing more than an investment and an avenue into other business ventures?  These guys are hedge-fund managers, and treat their teams as nothing other than tools.  If he hires a smart football guy and let's him spend without interference, then it'll probably be a good deal for the fans.  But if he swoops in and then isn't seen again for years (and rotates who is the president/ceo every year, like he did with the Sixers), then the team will still have lots of disfunction - even if not the scummy and illegal kind.

So apparently, Josh Harris is from Chevy Chase, Maryland and went to prep school in DC although he hasn't been back in DC since he was 18 unless he's traveling with the 76ers or Devils to play the Wizards or Capitals.  Also, his partner in this group is Mitchell Rales, who is big in the DC Art Scene.  This is his Wiki page:

Mitchell Rales - Wikipedia

This is Rales main company:

Danaher Corporation - Wikipedia

So Rales is as local as they can get.  

47 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

So apparently, Josh Harris is from Chevy Chase, Maryland and went to prep school in DC although he hasn't been back in DC since he was 18 unless he's traveling with the 76ers or Devils to play the Wizards or Capitals.  Also, his partner in this group is Mitchell Rales, who is big in the DC Art Scene.  This is his Wiki page:

Mitchell Rales - Wikipedia

This is Rales main company:

Danaher Corporation - Wikipedia

So Rales is as local as they can get.  

He also went to Penn and said that he was a "Philly guy going back to his days at Wharton".

EDIT: and I'm pretty sure his company is based in NYC, which I'm sure he used to sell himself as a local to Devils fans.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

25 minutes ago, BBTV said:

He also went to Penn and said that he was a "Philly guy going back to his days at Wharton".

EDIT: and I'm pretty sure his company is based in NYC, which I'm sure he used to sell himself as a local to Devils fans.

yeah, but Rales is a local guy, so they have a local guy.  

7 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

yeah, but Rales is a local guy, so they have a local guy.  

Philadelphia native Adam Aron (current CEO of AMC, former CEO of one of the cruise lines) was his CEO and partial owner when he bought the Sixers.  Was actually a great guy - you could tweet him your seat and he'd come hang out with you.

But that's literally his MO.  He claims he's local, brings in a true local guy, then gets rid of that local guy, and goes back to running his hedge fund or building arenas or whatever.

Claiming there's any true "hometown" incentive in any of his ventures is foolish.

14 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I'm so happy for Washington fans. Never have I seen a franchise fall into disarray quite like it did under Snyder. 

Maybe a more business savvy person can help me, but how in the heavens are they selling for $6 billion considering they have the most dilapidated stadium in the league? Denver most recently sold for like $4.5 billion. 

I would have thought the fact new ownership would need to pony up $1-2 billion for a stadium would influence the sale number negatively, but I guess not. For example, the Falcons value skyrocketed  after building MBS. 

Absolutely crazy, it's getting to the point where the next team that sells itself might be flirting with $10 billion.

Probably just Snyder being a prick and not selling for less

33 minutes ago, dont care said:

Probably just Snyder being a prick and not selling for less

Why should he sell for less?  If I sell my house for market value, am I a prick for not lowering the price?

• Like 4

Any Cardinals fans in here?  I am seeing comments on reddit about the new uni teasers saying who cares about the uniforms, the team is a disaster, owner has to go, etc.  I know reddit is what it is, but is that how most fans feel?  Is it really that hopeless or is it just reacting to last season?  

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

3 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Any Cardinals fans in here?  I am seeing comments on reddit about the new uni teasers saying who cares about the uniforms, the team is a disaster, owner has to go, etc.  I know reddit is what it is, but is that how most fans feel?  Is it really that hopeless or is it just reacting to last season?  

This is their new head coach.  So yeah...

• WOAH 1

CrossFit Madden nerds who are younger than me coaching in the NFL is an adjustment, for sure.

I already miss the era of big old fat guys running NFL teams. You don't know what you got til it's gone, indeed. 

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

CrossFit Madden nerds who are younger than me coaching in the NFL is an adjustment, for sure.

I already miss the era of big old fat guys running NFL teams. You don't know what you got til it's gone, indeed. 

Andy Reid is the last one left standing I believe.  

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, the admiral said:

When did this...

Packers coach Matt LaFleur fumes over 'inexcusable' penalty flagsKevin O'Connell has an opening to bring in former Rams co-workers

become hotter than this

Wayne Fontes (@WayneFontes__) / TwitterNew York Jets coach Rex Ryan signs a Super Bowl guarantee - silive.com

You forgot one. THE one, if you ask me...

1427343090.jpeg

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

42 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

CrossFit Madden nerds who are younger than me coaching in the NFL is an adjustment, for sure

yeah I've finally hit the point in my life where it's the norm for people 5 years younger than me to be head coaches... and successful ones at that.  Growing up, you had to "pay your dues" for like 30 years before being considered for a HC job.  Glad that's changed, but it's still a little shocking to see these guys.

Re: Jonathan Gannon - I don't think I could ever take my boss seriously if he made those noises and did that dance.  Good luck getting Murray to listen when you tell him to put the video games down, Jon.

• Like 2

Re: Andy Reid - can you believe he was only 40 in these photos?  He certainly didn't abuse his body with cigarettes or alcohol, so it's just the extra weight and mustache that make him look so much older... at least to me.

At the time, he was the second youngest HC behind Jon Gruden, and everyone (especially here) thought it was crazy to have 1) such a young guy as head coach, and 2) a guy that had never even been a coordinator.  

hPAlcHNa3v0fsj5m.jpg

AP_ANDY-REID-940X540.jpg

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, tBBP said:

You forgot one. THE one, if you ask me...

1427343090.jpeg

Head writer for a single-camera sitcom that's Actually Really Heartwarming

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫