2023 NFL Offseason thread

Cujo

I don't know who that is, but I assume he was big and fat before.

Along those lines, it absolutely blows my mind when you hear about some of these college athletes who convert from TE to OT, and they put on 80lbs in order to make the switch.  EIGHTY POUNDS.  I've heard of it several times, including some guy that the Eagles are rumored to be interested in this year (after having success with other converted tight ends at tackle... Jason Peters for example.)

I don't how you do that to your body.  Even if you were a 240lb TE, that's still a 30% increase in a short period of time.  Your joints and spine can't possibly be ready for that... and how do you actually do it?  I get that these guys do nothing but work out, but there's only so much muscle you can add.  I assume they're also eating an extremely high-protein diet or maybe the Rock's diet of 20lbs of cod / day (but I somehow doubt that.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, GDAWG said:

This is former NFL Offensive Lineman Russell Okung:

Similar transformation.  Marshal Yanda.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Kyle Long similarly dropped a ton of weight after getting out of football.  Keeping on a ridiculous pile of bulk requires a ton of work and an obscene diet.  It's gotta feel so liberating to graduate away from maintaining a 40,000 calorie-a-day lifestyle just so other 300+lb guys can hit you 6 days a week.

• Like 4
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

6 hours ago, BBTV said:

Along those lines, it absolutely blows my mind when you hear about some of these college athletes who convert from TE to OT, and they put on 80lbs in order to make the switch.  EIGHTY POUNDS.  I've heard of it several times, including some guy that the Eagles are rumored to be interested in this year (after having success with other converted tight ends at tackle... Jason Peters for example.)

I don't how you do that to your body.  Even if you were a 240lb TE, that's still a 30% increase in a short period of time.  Your joints and spine can't possibly be ready for that... and how do you actually do it?  I get that these guys do nothing but work out, but there's only so much muscle you can add.  I assume they're also eating an extremely high-protein diet or maybe the Rock's diet of 20lbs of cod / day (but I somehow doubt that.)

there's also a former offensive lineman who weighed in at 315 pounds as a player, but he's tall at 6-6. and lost a lot of weight when he embarked on his new career.  His name is Brennan Williams but you might know him best as WWE Superstar ma.çé of Maximum Male Models.  

7 hours ago, BBTV said:

If you really don't know who Russell Okung is, you should never comment on anything involving the NFL again. I mean, he was no Ken Anderson, but still.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

It's where I sit.

First-round pick, 2-time Pro Bowler, all-around great player. Protected Russel Wilson's blindside during the Legion of Boom's golden years and paved the way for Marshawn Lynch on some of his most iconic runs. He wasn't exactly the flashy type, nor was he an all-time talent, but he was a great player. Still, surprised that some NFL fans had never heard the name before. I immediately recognized the name, and it's super cool to see his transformation.

• Like 3

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

41 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

First-round pick, 2-time Pro Bowler,

Not exactly HOF / household name-worthy accomplishments (especially for an OL).

Obv sounds like an excellent player, but people can be forgiven for not knowing an OL that was never even all-pro.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

Not exactly HOF / household name-worthy accomplishments (especially for an OL).

Obv sounds like an excellent player, but people can be forgiven for not knowing an OL that was never even all-pro.

Urban Meyer levels of ignorance. You play that role if that's what suits you. 

• Huh? 1

It's where I sit.

27 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Urban Meyer levels of ignorance. You play that role if that's what suits you. 

This is over the top.  Are you actually being serious right now?  I genuinely can't tell.

• LOL 1

Not knowing an anonymous offensive lineman that may have played against your team once, and was not notable enough to be mentioned on highlight shows (because… offensive line) and made exactly 1 more pro-bowl that the Ravens backup qb is a badge I’ll wear proudly. And you’re likely insulting plenty of members of this very forum at the same time.  Give me a break. 

Never post about football again for that? LOL. If the new requirement is to know every offensive lineman, have fun chatting with yourself. 

• Yawn 1

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Not knowing an anonymous offensive lineman that may have played against your team once

I'm a Browns fan and I can name exactly one Cleveland Browns offensive lineman - Joe Bittonio. I'm pretty sure that's his name anyway.  I'm not entirely sure I could name another offensive lineman in the entire NFL. At least not in early April. Try me again in late August. 🙃

EDIT: Jason Kelce. I know his name too.

BB52Big.jpg

7 hours ago, infrared41 said:

I'm a Browns fan and I can name exactly one Cleveland Browns offensive lineman - Joe Bittonio. I'm pretty sure that's his name anyway.  I'm not entirely sure I could name another offensive lineman in the entire NFL. At least not in early April. Try me again in late August. 🙃

EDIT: Jason Kelce. I know his name too.

According to some, you should never be allowed to post about football again.

(though I can at least say I know every Eagles OL that's been a legit starter since the early '90s... and especially recently since 2 recent+current are lock HOFers and 1 is borderline.)  But that's my team.  I don't even know how in the world an average fan would ever have heard of 90% of lineman out there, and I don't need snobs telling me that I don't need football.  FOH with that.

EDIT: to keep it real, I don't follow too much outside the Eagles, and I don't play fantasy sports, so unless they're superstars or have some notable accomplishment behind them, I won't know who they are.  I didn't know who AJ Brown was when we got him, and couldn't name a single AZ Cardinal outside of their dummy QB.  But still - FOH.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Yawn 1

50 minutes ago, BBTV said:

According to some, you should never be allowed to post about football again.

(though I can at least say I know every Eagles OL that's been a legit starter since the early '90s... and especially recently since 2 recent+current are lock HOFers and 1 is borderline.)  But that's my team.  I don't even know how in the world an average fan would ever have heard of 90% of lineman out there, and I don't need snobs telling me that I don't need football.  FOH with that.

EDIT: to keep it real, I don't follow too much outside the Eagles, and I don't play fantasy sports, so unless they're superstars or have some notable accomplishment behind them, I won't know who they are.  I didn't know who AJ Brown was when we got him, and couldn't name a single AZ Cardinal outside of their dummy QB.  But still - FOH.

Even if you did fantasy that’s not helping you in knowing lineman because all you select are skills players. Even most fantasy leagues you just select a teams defense and special teams and not players on that side of the ball.

57 minutes ago, dont care said:

Even if you did fantasy that’s not helping you in knowing lineman because all you select are skills players. Even most fantasy leagues you just select a teams defense and special teams and not players on that side of the ball.

maybe that’s why I finished last when I tried it 15 years ago! I built my team around Jon Runyan. Probably not the best strategy. 

• LOL 1