2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

19 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

https://x.com/ramsnfl/status/1699467517859881020?s=46&t=eMsgc3DOJ1HhNs68Ou1CjQ

Yup, they are going white at home vs. San Fran. That’s two errors on SF’s uni schedule.

Still using the bone jersey unfortunately.

Bone at Arizona again. And I was sure they would wear the white jerseys at IND, but that will not be the case.

WAH for Cleveland, now that is a surprise. Then again, they did something similar against the Jets in 2020. But I don't mind because that will be a good looking game. White at Dallas.  It will be 4 straight meetings LAR hasn't worn the royal blue against the Cowboys.

Seeing that the Rams still do WAH in SOFI bums me out that the Chargers aren't doing it. We've already seen the Chargers in their powder blues against the Dolphins plenty of times.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Seeing that the Rams still do WAH in SOFI bums me out that the Chargers aren't doing it. We've already seem the Chargers in their powder blues against the Dolphins plenty of times.

I agree it would’ve been nice to see Miami in aqua against the Chargers for the first time in the new uniform, but my philosophy in these situations is that I’m okay with the home team not doing white at home because in most cases it’s the other way around and I want the visiting team in white. For instance, if next year the Chargers were to host a rare NFC opponent in Week 1, I’d be glad they don’t do white at home anymore.

25 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

As expected. Pretty bland choices all around so far:

Jaguars white over black

Bengals white on white

Titans all-white

Bills all-blue

Lions all-white

Bengals isn't that bland imo. It's their regular road look. At least they aren't wearing the stupid white helmets with those uniforms, yet...

45 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Bengals isn't that bland imo. It's their regular road look. At least they aren't wearing the stupid white helmets with those uniforms, yet...

It’s still a mostly black and white look, whereas the black pants at least have a decent amount of orange. Still an okay look, just not much to get excited about yet overall IMO.

10 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

As expected. Pretty bland choices all around so far:

Jaguars white over black

Bengals white on white

Titans all-white

Bills all-blue

Lions all-white

Good grief. Overall I am not looking forward to the Lions new set next season (fearing it's going to be worse than what they have now), but if it gets rid of the all-white and all-gray combos I guess it's worth it.

12 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

Good grief. Overall I am not looking forward to the Lions new set next season (fearing it's going to be worse than what they have now), but if it gets rid of the all-white and all-gray combos I guess it's worth it.

I guarantee the new set will include a similar all-white option to what they have now. We know it looks awful, but the team and most fans like it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

This is sad. You’d never know you’re looking at a Jaguars uniform if it weren’t for the logo within the graphic

F5ZKoHpXcAAMgiR?format=jpg&name=medium

Hold on, did the Jaguar head patch get removed from the front of the jersey? When did this happen?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Hold on, did the Jaguar head patch get removed from the front of the jersey? When did this happen?

That image came from the Jaguars Uniform Tracker. But the official Jaguars page released this image regarding their Week 1 uniform: spacer.png

• Like 2

spacer.png

34 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

So the feedback of people on social media who chose to respond.

You DO know that isn't the same as 'most fans', right?

I do not have any factual evidence to back this up. My point is that everything is social media driven these days. How else is the team gonna assess these things? I've seen numerous teams post things like "You guys asked for it", etc.

Sure, they could do polls, but I remember last season for instance, the Jets held a poll for which uniform combo to wear against the Vikings and white over black won comfortably, which pretty much sums it up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

I do not have any factual evidence to back this up. My point is that everything is social media driven these days. How else is the team gonna assess these things? I've seen numerous teams post things like "You guys asked for it", etc.

Sure, they could do polls, but I remember last season for instance, the Jets held a poll for which uniform combo to wear against the Vikings and white over black won comfortably, which pretty much sums it up.

Right - so don't make that statement, since it isn't factual.

That's really my point. Never rely on polls and/or social media as evidence of what any group of people wants, since it only measures the response of those who choose to respond and are on that social media channel.

• Eyeroll 2

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

F5bZh9Pb0AAnzIP?format=jpg&name=small

No white at home for the Ravens in Week 1, which I believe hasn't happened since 2016. I would've welcomed it here, especially with purple pants. Ravens last wore white against Houston in 2014.

The Texans will wear their navy for 5 of 9 home games,  and maybe one more depending on what happens in Jacksonville. Next year they will have new uniforms, I guess I don't mind in this instance.

As for Baltimore. They worn their alternates more times than what is supposedly allowed since 2017, save for the 2020 season. I think they go with purple for this game to make way for more of the combos to be shown in the home games.  They probably want to get in more of the purple jersey/black pants and all purple (regular ones, not the color rush ones) in there, which haven't been worn that much.