2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

7 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Bucs in all-White today, with a portion of the players wearing White socks.Β  This game is a good study in solid socks and the right & wrong way to execute them, since they're a thing and they're here to stay, like it or not.

Β 

For the players wearing White socks, they look great if wearing White shoes (Mike Evans).

For the players wearing Black socks, they look great if wearing Black shoes.

For the players wearing Black socks, they look stupid wearing White shoes.Β Β 

Summary:Β  if wearing solid socks, they should always match the shoes.Β 

Additional example:Β  most of the Saints players wearing Black socks/Black shoes look great (especially with the Gold pants)

The Saints look good with the gold pants, period. Too bad they got thumped in them today.Β 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, DCarp1231 said:

If they wore red socks, yeah sure.

Β 

Y'all really gotta get over the sock thing. This is now 2023. We're not going back to the days of proper socks or any with stripes on them. While it sucks, those days are over. Move on.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Meh 1
  • Dislike 2

6uXNWAo.png

There are plenty of teams in the league that look worse than this:

Β 

F7YUTO5boAAzJdD?format=jpg&name=large

Would like to see it with Red socks but with a White helmet, the White socks work.Β  No, it's not the classic look that most here prefer, but don't tell me the Panthers, Rams, Ravens, Texans or Titans looked better today.

• Like 17
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

Β 

Y'all really gotta get over the sock thing. This is now 2023. We're not going back to the days of proper socks or any with stripes on them. While it sucks, those days are over. Move on.

I wonder how people would feel about the NFL going the college route & not requiring knee-high socks?

I think I’d probably prefer that over the white pants & white leggings look that more & more teams have been trotting out (I think it looks fine with complete white-out looks like the Cardinals, but when the Vikings or Eagles pair it with a dark helmet & jersey, it looks terrible).

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2