2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I noticed that CBS has been sort of experimenting with the scoreboard graphics, it seems like they switch it up when there is a potential clash of colors or something. I've seen CBS use both black and silver for the Raiders off the top of my head.

CBS used white for the Steelers both today and last week. They used dark orange for both the Bengals and Browns in those respective games against Pittsburgh. It slightly bugs me because why couldn’t they use black or yellow instead of white? It would totally be enough contrast against dark orange. I’ve found that the networks seem to be color coding the team graphics now corresponding with what color jerseys the teams are wearing. I’m not a huge fan of using white unless it’s absolutely necessary for contrast, but in most cases an alternate dark color could typically be used over white. It just has an “lazy” feel to it. And tbh, typical fans who are watching the game shouldn’t really be confused by team graphics colors vs. actual jersey colors. I never remember networks using white for team graphics until recently.

Also, They’ve used both black and gold (beige) for the Saints interchangeably. I guess it really just depends.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GoGreenGoWhite said:

The Ravens still look great. I don't mind white socks if they're contrasting the pants.

Coulda been top 2 or 3 GOTW had the Chargers done their part.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

A different stripe (or even no stripe) and we're all singing a different tune on here.

image-from-ios-34-1655396705.jpg?resize=

The black helmet in this photo is perfect. It needs these stripes. As for the pants, they need stripes too unlike the photo. As it’s been said so many times, the current “modern” black helmet design completely ruins the “retro” Color Rush set.

11 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

The black helmet in this photo is perfect. It needs these stripes. As for the pants, they need stripes too unlike the photo. As it’s been said so many times, the current “modern” black helmet design completely ruins the “retro” Color Rush set.

black helmets like those would look nice - with gold(or black) pants. 

and while it’s only Been a few years (I think?) I always forget that the refs used to wear shorts. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

Well, what do you expect? The NFL South is total cringe anyway. Those teams suck division wise, and their uniforms need some hope. The Bucs can do without the pewter jersey crap and just settle with the four combos. I already said my piece on the garbage Saints and Panthers uniforms and their whole team.

I don't have that much of a problem with horrible uniform combos if they're literally worn once a year. That's sort of what happens with the Buccaneers' pewter jerseys, and it's also why I don't mind teams like the 49ers, Giants, and Cowboys doing their 🥶 look -- it doesn't dominate their aesthetic choices. The rest of that division has uniforms as terrible as their current rosters, but I have no problem with the Buccaneers doing their pewter thing once a year, just as long as it never becomes more common than that.

Where I do have a problem with the pewter is them forcing a color vs color in what could have been a gorgeous matchup in Indy if they wore white over pewter. If you're going to wear your gimmicky monocolor combo, wear it at home against a team in a white jersey.

3 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

There's an argument to be made that this look for the Chargers is the true LA Chargers.

4Z5YEKSFT2OKGFWLOMTD34WGZE.jpg

1f83d31a-010516-NFL-Los-Angeles-Chargers

I'll be honest, I have no idea what the connection you're trying to make is. Those jerseys were not navy, and they have white pants. The current uniform is clearly an attempt at a "🔥" color rush uniform.

30 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I love every single one of the Chargers uniforms. Pure nirvana across the board.

spacer.png

If I absolutely had to pick the weakest one, it would be white-on-white.

Nah the navy is the weakest of the combos. And they keep losing in them, they're 0-5 in them now.  LAC keeps picking the wrong teams to wear them against. I can take a guess that next year they'll wear them against New Orleans or Cincinnati.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Seahawks wearing the throwbacks against a heavy blue team like the Cowboys is a travesty.

Missed opportunity on Thanksgiving against San Francisco. Could easily wear them against Pittsburgh on New Years Eve.

”Wearing alternates against the wrong teams” allegations continue to run hot.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

The best garbage ever. Grey vs Blue. If I chose that for color vs color, then the Bucs throwbacks would have been a better chose against the home blue Colts.

Tampa’s red jersey that they avoid for some reason would also have worked just fine. 

11 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

There's an argument to be made that this look for the Chargers is the true LA Chargers.

4Z5YEKSFT2OKGFWLOMTD34WGZE.jpg

1f83d31a-010516-NFL-Los-Angeles-Chargers

Definitely needs white (or possibly yellow) pants.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Nah the navy is the weakest of the combos. And they keep losing in them, they're 0-5 in them now.  LAC keeps picking the wrong teams to wear them against. I can take a guess that next year they'll wear them against New Orleans or Cincinnati.

They need to dump that navy alt anyway, and replace it with a 1994 throwback. It’s the only Chargers team to ever play in a Super Bowl, and almost a quarter of them are dead. They need to pay tribute to them while there are still this many left. 

• Like 1