2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

14 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

It’s nice seeing these Hawks unis on Prime in HDR rather than on lousy 720p FOX.

No kidding. I get excited about watching TNF now because it's the only time when I am watching the NFL that my 65" 4K TV gets to strut its stuff. The quality of FOX and CBS broadcasts (unless you're getting their flagship game) is horrendous. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

No kidding. I get excited about watching TNF now because it's the only time when I am watching the NFL that my 65" 4K TV gets to strut its stuff. The quality of FOX and CBS broadcasts (unless you're getting their flagship game) is horrendous. 

At least CBS is 1080. I highly recommend using the FOX app for those games. The quality is notably better than on regular cable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Any excitement about TNF that I have is canceled out by Al Michaels literally not caring about a single thing that goes on in the game. Seriously, he's an all-time great broadcaster, but he sounds like he doesn't want to be there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cujo said:

How silver and blue should be done in Dallas.

Right - the key here (to me) is silver and royal blue, not silver and navy blue. The addition of the navy jersey in 1981 is what started them down this path.

2 hours ago, ruttep said:

Right - the key here (to me) is silver and royal blue, not silver and navy blue. The addition of the navy jersey in 1981 is what started them down this path.

The crazy story behind the navy blue jerseys was to make their road uniforms differ from Detroit Lions and the Seattle Seahawks at the time. How crazy is that?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

9 hours ago, Cujo said:

One more pic to illustrate how shoddy Dallas' colors look compared to Seattle's

usa_today_22003386.0.jpg

So I went to the game last night and the Cowboys home pants seemed to have more gray than blue compared to on TV. Another thing I noticed is how much the Seahawks silver helmet shines under the lights and it is just impossible to catch it on a screen.

• Applause 1

7 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

The crazy story behind the navy blue jerseys was to make their road uniforms differ from Detroit Lions and the Seattle Seahawks at the time. How crazy is that?

My understanding (only because I’ve heard the story a million times) is that they got creamed by the Eagles in Philly in the 1980 NFCCC in their blue jerseys and Tex said they hell with it and made it navy (because it’s “tougher?”) 

Tex probably had this on his mind for a while after they lost SB V in blue and won the rest of them in white.

I’ve never heard the story about them wanting to be visually different from Detroit  or Seattle. Doesn’t seem very “Cowboys” to change themselves because someone looks like them.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1