2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

14 hours ago, gothedistance said:

KC at SF

This has to be a mistake.  KC doesn't play road games.  It's basically a league bylaw.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 1/3/2024 at 6:18 PM, Pigskin12 said:

White at home for the Dolphins in January for what was obviously going to be a game with playoff implications and become a night game. This is extremely disappointing and has me scratching my head.

I am sorry for being such as wiseass, but this photo looks like Josh Allen is straining to hold his urine in.

• LOL 4

The ideal AFC North/NFC South matchups for me would be:

BAL NO - hoping the Ravens at least wear purple pants this time

CLE TB - I've never seen the Bucs wear red against Cleveland, and this could be a prime time Baker revenge game

PIT ATL - Atlanta wore throwbacks in 2022, ideally would see the modern black on white this time (unlikely)

CIN CAR - I've never seen this matchup with the Panthers in black

Browns are finally avoiding the orange pants in Cincinnati. And of course it’s for a completely meaningless game.

The Saints are an embarrassment. And next preseason everyone will think the gold pants are “back” when they wear them for all three games like always.

Eagles are going green pants, which they always seem to wear against the same teams over and over again,  but rarely against new teams.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

This has to be a mistake.  KC doesn't play road games.  It's basically a league bylaw.

Beat me to it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

Browns are finally avoiding the orange pants in Cincinnati. And of course it’s for a completely meaningless game.

The Saints are an embarrassment. And next preseason everyone will think the gold pants are “back” when they wear them for all three games like always.

Eagles are going green pants, which they always seem to wear against the same teams over and over again,  but rarely against new teams.

Imo, The Saints are the most maddening team right now in terms of uniforms. They literally have one of the leagues best sets (black/white on gold), but week after week refuse to wear them. And as you said, why they always wear gold pants in the preseason only for them to disappear for the whole regular season makes absolutely ZERO sense.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

The ideal AFC North/NFC South matchups for me would be:

BAL NO - hoping the Ravens at least wear purple pants this time

CLE TB - I've never seen the Bucs wear red against Cleveland, and this could be a prime time Baker revenge game

PIT ATL - Atlanta wore throwbacks in 2022, ideally would see the modern black on white this time (unlikely)

CIN CAR - I've never seen this matchup with the Panthers in black

steve-smith.jpg?s=1024x1024&w=gi&k=20&c=

dee-brown.jpg?s=1024x1024&w=gi&k=20&c=o4

lester-towns.jpg?s=1024x1024&w=gi&k=20&c

reggie-howard.jpg?s=1024x1024&w=gi&k=20&

dee-brown.jpg?s=1024x1024&w=gi&k=20&c=12

quarterback-jon-kitna.jpg?s=1024x1024&w=

bengals-v-panthers.jpg?s=1024x1024&w=gi&

corey-dillon.jpg?s=1024x1024&w=gi&k=20&c

neil-rackers-travis-dorsch.jpg?s=1024x10

What do you think?

• Facepalm 1

On 1/5/2024 at 1:37 PM, sudden said:

The pants apparently will be White/Black stripes.

The write up with the Weekly Release stated it was the white pants with the orange stripes.

"Uniform watch: The Bengals are slated to wear black jerseys, white pants (orange stripes) and black socks this week against Cleveland. Cincinnati is 3-2 overall when wearing that combination, which was last featured in the team’s Week 14 home win over Indianapolis."

Then the graphic release above shows the white pants with black stripes. So we will have to wait and see as they are contradicting themselves.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Jets in white over black on Sunday, and, based on the replies, the fans hate it. 

I've been wanting NYJ@NE to have the Jets in green pants with the white jerseys against the Patriots current navy. How long until we get this uniform matchup? Are we ever going to get it? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

I've been wanting NYJ@NE to have the Jets in green pants with the white jerseys against the Patriots current navy. How long until we get this uniform matchup? Are we ever going to get it? 

The Jets have not worn a green jersey or green pants against New England since 2019. In the 8 games since, they've worn all white below the helmet 4 times, white over black twice, all black once, and all black with the green helmets once. The last time the Jets wore green jerseys with white pants against New England was in 2017, the 2nd to last year of their previous set.

They have yet to wear their "default" home and road uniforms with this set against their closest division rival in 10 matchups.

• Like 1
  • Hate 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, gothedistance said:

They do not seem to like their white over green look anymore, as it’s only been worn at Buffalo each of the past two seasons.

Many people want the throwbacks to return full-time (shocker), and I’m wondering if they would even have green pants as an option if they went that route.

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Watching the Ravens/Steelers game has me thinking…

How common (or uncommon) are matchups where both starting QBs wear the same number?

In this instance, Rudolph and Huntley both wear 2.

It's happened more than you might think. There was Eli Manning and Robert Griffin III both wearing number 10, Drew Brees and Tony Romo both wearing number 9, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady both wearing number 12, and Philip Rivers and Brock Osweiler both wearing number 17. It might have been rarer before numbers were retired and teams weren't playing each other so frequently.