2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

There is the confirmation we didn’t even need.  Tampa wore red four times this season and not once did the opposing team wear a jersey, pant, or sock that wasn’t white or black.

Eagles twice in all-white

Jags and Saints each in white/black/black.

• LOL 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

spacer.png

Fair, but are the Dolphins really going to wear aqua socks with the white pants anymore?  

EDIT: The Dolphins wore aqua socks and white pants twice this season -- all-white head to toe SEVEN times. I don't trust 'em.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ruttep said:

What colors? You're literally not wearing any colors.

That's objectively false.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

The Texans have been leaving a gap in the fill for their endzones all season long. 

HOU_2023%5E3.png

Looks like they have them fully filled in today.

Probably couldn’t wash all the black paint from the NC and had to cover it

• Like 2

I actually have always wondered this... if your end zone background is not white (or another light color like yellow), then what is the purpose of leaving a foot in between the boundary? It's always been a pet peeve of mine. Like, you're telling me if it comes down to a play on the backline, the ref can't distinguish between a navy blue and white line? 

I understand it at like, say, the Rose Bowl, because they use a colored border, but just never understood the need for the space otherwise. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PhlyBoy said:

I actually have always wondered this... if your end zone background is not white (or another light color like yellow), then what is the purpose of leaving a foot in between the boundary? It's always been a pet peeve of mine. Like, you're telling me if it comes down to a play on the backline, the ref can't distinguish between a navy blue and white line? 

I understand it at like, say, the Rose Bowl, because they use a colored border, but just never understood the need for the space otherwise. 

Considering they were doing it at SoFi, I wonder if it had anything to do with being able to quickly switch between Rams and Chargers end zones. Then again, looking through GUD, they fully painted the SoFi end zones in 2020. And that doesn't explain the Texans doing it either. I think it's just saving money on paint.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I have never seen an NFL helmet get cracked before. Was it because of the cold? There's no way modern helmets are cracking so easily without some help.

IIRC a player on the NY Giants had part of their helmet break off in the NFC Championship game at Green Bay (Favre's last game as a Packer). It was another one of those game where the kept showing how cold it was by displaying water instantly freezing in contact with the air.

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I have never seen an NFL helmet get cracked before. Was it because of the cold? There's no way modern helmets are cracking so easily without some help.

GDxai0GbcAA_DIu.jpg:large

Per rules, the Chiefs should have been forced to take a time out or  remove Mahomes from the playing field for at least one play. However, the referees allowed a helmet switch on-field without penalty. This isn’t the first time this season a Chiefs player was given special treatment.

CB L’Jarius Sneed removed his helmet on-field in the game against the Vikings. He was supposed to remove himself for one play, but the referees quietly instructed Sneed to put the helmet back on and resume play.

spacer.png

• Like 5

A real man would have simply put duct tape on it.

But seriously, they should be allowed to switch helmets without penalty, otherwise you may have guys hiding seemingly-minor damage for fear of having to sit out or cost his team.  That's obviously obvious damage that can't be hidden, but I could see rare situations where something's not right and the player knows and nobody else does.

Waiting for Riddell's statement on the matter where they admit their plastic wasn't tested in stupidly-cold weather.  Or more likely, don't admit it.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, BBTV said:

A real man would have simply put duct tape on it.

But seriously, they should be allowed to switch helmets without penalty, otherwise you may have guys hiding seemingly-minor damage for fear of having to sit out or cost his team.  That's obviously obvious damage that can't be hidden, but I could see rare situations where something's not right and the player knows and nobody else does.

Waiting for Riddell's statement on the matter where they admit their plastic wasn't tested in stupidly-cold weather.  Or more likely, don't admit it.

Theoretically, could Riddell be hit with “structural negligence”? Is that even a thing?

6 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Theoretically, could Riddell be hit with “structural negligence”? Is that even a thing?

Obviously I'm not a lawyer, but helmets are tested and approved by both the league and NFLPA, so I assume they'd have to prove that the specific one he was wearing was defective, which would be nearly impossible to do.  In fact, they could probably argue that it worked since he wasn't injured and it proves that it flexes or something.

• Like 2

Mahomes helmet is made by VICIS not Riddell, you know the company that supposedly has the safest helmets ever.  I think it's as safe as it gets because he took the hit and was fine. Whatever is under the shell clearly kept him safe on that impact. If anything I feel like this just validated the existence of VICIS in terms of safety but calls into question the weather proofing, then again I don't think anybody can predict the weather being the way it was, you know what I mean?

• Like 4

bSLCtu2.png