MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

If they weren’t pullovers I’d be all about the Nats’ home uniforms, tho I’d prefer the DC front and center. 

Roads are kind of a snoozer, but as long as they actually wear grey every road game we’re good. 

• Like 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Wow, there's a lot to unpack with these new Nationals jerseys...

I try to avoid saying things like this, but the gray away jersey really looks Create-a-Team like. It's hard to believe they deliberately went in the opposite direction of consistency with the home "Nationals" script jersey (which appears to be staying, by the way), when the easy solution would've been to just flip the colors of the "Washington" script to match the home. The new wordmark is brutal (especially after @monkeypower pointed out the inconsistently filled-in "S"), incredibly generic, and now the stripes don't match. I would've at least had more respect for it if they moved on completely from the curly W and the scripts, but they only went halfway. Just a baffling move there. 

On the other hand, even though I've never liked the Capitol Building logo, I think it actually works pretty nicely with this white jersey. The contrasting sleeves and the "wishbone" collar give it a bit of a soccer jersey vibe, which I honestly kind of like, it feels really unique. I'm not sure I'd use it in place of either the red or navy jersey (which, given the 4+1 rule, they'll seemingly have to drop one of those two now), but I actually really like it for what it is. It'd make a nice Spring Training jersey, maybe. 

It's also worth noting that the "DC" patch is shown on the model/player's left sleeve, while on the "display" jersey it's on the right sleeve, meaning an ad patch is surely coming, unfortunately.

xaboMM7.jpg  xxhrc1J.jpg

The Nats have been a bit of an inconsistent mess for a while now, and these jerseys only make it worse.

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

Is it just me, or does any one want just one DC franchise to just go nuts with stars and stripes? I just want either the Caps or the Nats to just be unapologetically patriotic.  

Nah, I don't think they should go crazy. That would look chaotic and weird

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, McCall said:

One (and probably the only one other than the DC patch) positive is the Nats switching their trim to red/white/blue instead of the just red and blue. Looks less Braves-ish.

It makes it looks more Twins-like, which I don't appreciate. Plus, the home still has a red & blue dual-stripe.

12 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

WTF even is this?

Why must they make me wish we had the Washington Grays instead?

Even if the Nats set was perfect, I think I'd still prefer the Washington Grays. 

• Like 3

Oh hey, a nice opportunity to say the Nationals should drop the curly W and go with the interlocking DC full time.

Unfortunately, the reappearance of that logo is the only good thing that came out of these two uniforms.

• Like 2

ExJworW.png

38 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

Is it just me, or does any one want just one DC franchise to just go nuts with stars and stripes? I just want either the Caps or the Nats to just be unapologetically patriotic.  

Washington-Nationals-4th-of-July-Cap-201

• Like 3
  • Love 1

XM4KeeA.png

The Nats are a mess top to bottom and need a complete overhaul.

This is your main logo:

spacer.png

The cap you wear the most at home:

spacer.png

Your home uniform with a cursive script that matches your actual logo (although the script is positioned at a horrible angle):

spacer.png

And now your new road and alternate uniforms. The road now features a block wordmark that matches nothing in the set, with double outlines and a new striping pattern. Your alternate features the logo you wear at home instead of your primary logo. Make it make sense! It’s like they handed a blank uniform to three separate people and said, “each of you make a separate design for us.”

spacer.png

I think I prefer their original scripts with the monument style wordmarks. That set was consistent and unique. It also had a defined color palette of white/red/gold at home and gray/navy/gold on the road.

I’d even take back their old design with the W on the chest, or that prototype from a while back that had the cursive Nationals in red. I realize not everything needs to be 100% matching, but there is zero brand consistency here at all. Just make things somewhat consistent!

• Like 9
  • Applause 3

Re: the Nationals
1) I've never understood why a DC team would shackle itself to a variant of the Dallas Cowboys 1960s number font...and then stick with the bloody thing through all their various (mostly bad and generally mismatched) uniforms.
2) I think the Nationals script wordmark is tilted like it is because the team name is so long. The Orioles could save themselves a bit of grief with tilting their "italicized" wordmark at a similar angle. Might eliminate the four lane divided highway between the "i" and second "o".
3) Slap a giant Pepsi logo on the right breast of that alternate jersey and you have this season's SGA soccer jersey.

4) That collar treatment...that collar treatment utterly sucks. Somebody bring back the two-button Henley style...please!

• Like 4