MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

On 8/1/2024 at 9:57 AM, M59 said:

If you're going to have an ad patch (and you know we've gotta cover the cost of one utility infielder per season, people!) it's best to have one that's simple, graphic and contains no words. However...isn't a Motorola patch already on the Padres' jerseys? Are we dealing with multiple Motorolas now?

1171953.jpg?b64lines=IEknTSBTRUVJbicgRE9

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I thought the Phillies patch wouldn't be too bad, but the IBX letters are a much brighter blue than their normal blue, and it's SO BIG.

I still think there's room to put the numbers back on the sleeves, unless the ad deal stipulates that there can't be anything else competing for space there.  Maybe they could put the numbers on the opposite sleeve?  That would make replicas a nightmare, but they could simply omit them from those.

EDIT: watching an interview with Bryce Harper right now, and the sunlight is hitting the crest perfectly.  It's textured AS F.  Like, it seriously looks chainstitched, even though we know it's not.  Did they customize the twill too?  It definitely has a 3d effect to it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

watching an interview with Bryce Harper right now, and the sunlight is hitting the crest perfectly.  It's textured AS F.  Like, it seriously looks chainstitched, even though we know it's not.  Did they customize the twill too?  It definitely has a 3d effect to it.

My God, it even has a watermark.

• LOL 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hope we don't start getting teams to put a different "sponser" on the left sleeve too, cascading into  the Boston Ex-Lax Baseball Club at some point in 2050.  

• Like 1

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

12 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

Hope we don't start getting teams to put a different "sponser" on the left sleeve too, cascading into  the Boston Ex-Lax Baseball Club at some point in 2050.  

Oh, it's coming. We all know good and well that it's coming. Only a question of "when". 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

Sadly I think it’s inevitable, but sides of the helmet are next I bet like they did in some of those international games. The mound, foul territory, foul poles, every inch of any wall, billboards, and commercials aren’t enough apparently 

• Like 2
KISSwall09.jpg

anyone got any numbers on what the Phillies deal was worth?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

50 minutes ago, rwaters1221 said:

Came across these this morning. I feel like I remember hearing that the "players weekend" was coming back this year so maybe these are what they will be wearing. 

https://www.lids.com/?query=2024 players weekend

If they truly intend to put numbers on the caps in those fonts, we have reached yet another new low.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, rwaters1221 said:

Came across these this morning. I feel like I remember hearing that the "players weekend" was coming back this year so maybe these are what they will be wearing. 

https://www.lids.com/?query=2024 players weekend

Wow, these are somehow better and worse than I expected at the same time.

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."

27 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion the jerseys will be the same as the current jerseys, but with this Wing Ding number font on the back?

Oh god, I hadn't considered that....

Anubis.png

3 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Those numbers look like they're from a ransom note. 

(enclosed are pictures of Majestic ad-less uniforms from the 2010s)

iF yOu WaNt To SeE yOuR uNiFoRMs AgAIn...tOO bAd!

Sincerely,

The Nike Corporations

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

52 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Those numbers look like they're from a ransom note. 

1 hour ago, Anubis2051 said:

Oh god, I hadn't considered that....

I had. That's why I spent a couple of minutes throwing up after reading the original post. 🤮