2 hours ago, Blindsay said:

Nice, also what about the City Jersey for the Knights? Would the Silver suffice?

I guess that would be the city uniform, I don't know if I would incorporate the KC skyline or landmarks into the jersey, like I did with the Dreamers uniforms

QNXVyki.png

Now we're onto the hockey portion and we're starting with the Kansas City Blades of the International Hockey League which served as a farm system for the NHL from 1945 to 2001. The Kansas City Blades got their start in 1974 as the Toledo Goaldiggers and were an active franchise until suspending operations after the 1985-86 IHL season, it wasn't until 1990 that the Goaldiggers franchise was reactivated and relocated to Kansas City, Missouri to become the Kansas City Blades where they would play from 1990 to 2001 (the IHL's folding). 

BRANDING

LIzLwNX.png

For the Blades new logo, I had the artist I commissioned draw two hockey blades that formed an "X" with a shield in the background, the color scheme is red, silver, and black, which has been the Blades' color scheme since their first season in Kansas City back in 1990.  The font I used for the wordmarks and insignias was Slantblaze Pro

EXTRA SCRIPT LOGOS

F5EW0HE.png

Here are the extra script logos I assembled 

EXTRA INSIGNIAS

5AuOHZF.png

And here are the extra insignias I put together, plus an extra main logo with the colors flipped

HOME RINK

DvvHjzH.png

This is the Blades' home rink, It's my first time ever designing a hockey rink, I decided to make the on-ice logos transparent to replicate the designs blending in with the ice. The Blades played their home games inside Kemper Arena (now known as the HyVee Arena)

UNIFORMS

AERi6Ug.png

In first ever attempt at designing hockey uniforms, I put together a 3-piece set with a red home, white away, and black alternate. 

• Love 1

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Blades (IHL)

The other hockey team in this series, is the Kansas City Outlaws of the United Hockey League who played one season (2004-05) and was Kansas City's last hockey team to play in the area until the founding of the CHL's Missouri Mavericks (now in the ECHL, known as the Kansas City Mavericks since 2017)

BRANDING

G9aoZpx.png

For the Outlaws' primary logo, I asked the artist to design a western outlaw wielding a hockey stick, the color scheme is maroon, a shade of light brown, black, and white. The font used for the wordmarks, insignias, and jersey numbers was Albertson.

EXTRA SCRIPT LOGOS

4TAt5Wj.png

Here are the extra wordmarks I put together for the Outlaws.

EXTRA INSIGNIAS

xj0aiKM.png

And here are the extra insignias I put together, there's also a version of the primary logo with a white outline instead of a light brown outline.

HOME RINK

LfwVKak.png

Much like the Blades, the Outlaws played their home games inside the Kemper Arena (which is now known as the HyVee Arena)

UNIFORMS

DrdTt7H.png

And here are the uniforms I designed for the Outlaws, which a 3-piece set that has a red home, a white away, and a light brown alternate. 

• Love 1

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Blades (IHL) + Kansas City Outlaws (UHL)
  • 2 weeks later...

And now for a suprise bonus concept! With Super Bowl LVIII on the horizon, I put together a big concept for a potential future Super Bowl at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri. The next Super Bowl that does not have a scheduled host is Super Bowl LXII which will decide the NFL's champion for the 2027-28 NFL season.

BRANDING

SJ8hhfc.png

The Super Bowl LXII logo here features a blue and red color scheme reminiscent of Kansas City's recently adopted flag with the Kansas City skyline in the roman numerals. 

Since 2028 is an even year, that means the AFC champion would be the designated home team and the NFC champion would be the designated road team, the AFC champion would use the Chiefs facilities near Arrowhead for practice and the NFC champion would use the University of Kansas' football facilities about 40 minutes west in Lawrence, KS.

As for broadcasting rights, the next couple of Super Bowls have a new rotation starting in next year's Super Bowl, which Super Bowl LIX will be broadcasted by Fox, Super Bowl LX will be on NBC, and Super Bowl LXI will be the first Super Bowl on ABC since XL in 2006, and the first ever Super Bowl on ESPN, which naturally means that the rotation would come back to CBS/Nickelodeon for Super Bowl LXII in 2028. 

WORDMARKS

9XgtE8L.png

The wordmarks I made here have a gradient that reflects the official logos' colors, the font used for the wordmarks was Monoton, which I think does a very good job of replicating Kansas City's municipal logo.

HALFTIME SHOW

Tm4hD8l.png

The Apple Music Super Bowl LXII Halftime Show will be a triple-header headlined by Ed Sheeran, Bring me the Horizon, and Kansas City's very own Tech N9ne.

FIELD TEMPLATE

kSXgMT9.png

Here is the field template I put together that is free to use, with Arrowhead Stadium's field as a base.

SUPER BOWL FIELDS

9grnnXA.png

As for Super Bowl LXII fields, I assembled dozens of them with several matchup combinations.

SUPER BOWL PROGRAMS

zu2aTTb.png

I also went in and made a bunch of mock Super Bowl programs with the many different potential matchups.

SUPER BOWL PROMO BALL & UNIFORM

mIroeHu.png

And here, I put together a promotional football and promotional uniform for the Big Game in the City of Fountains.

MOCK T-SHIRT DESIGNS

And to close out this concept, I put together 2 sets of mock T-shirt designs, a set of shirt designs for the conference champions (although these are not locker room designs) and a set of locker room Super Bowl LXII Champions designs, all of these are organized by division. 

Vu0NpwK.png

6kp8QzI.png

leEG4YB.png

Zamxbpl.png

zMFoE1O.png

8IlykMN.png

UPDATE: I went back and made a full set of mock locker room 2027 AFC/NFC Conference Champions designs

i96xYDE.png

QznUMV8.png

GBIYqjJ.png

IJNIWNQ.png

FBHgmN4.png

3oFaTkg.png

yiasyiG.png

KnDjEd5.png

01At466.png

BcsNlyE.png

IwwLyma.png

TNtbLA3.png

• Like 1
  • Love 2

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Super Bowl LXII (NFL)
1 hour ago, jbird669 said:

Dude, you went all out for the KC Super Bowl! I dig it. 

Yeah. Kansas City is scheduled to host 6 World Cup matches in 2026 at Arrowhead Stadium, If that goes well that could be a stepping stone into Kansas City putting together an official host committee for a future Super Bowl it may not be LXII specifically, but a Super Bowl in the late 2020s or early 2030s is definitely possible if Arrowhead Stadium is able to install a retractable roof in the near future.

QNXVyki.png

On 1/1/2024 at 9:09 PM, maxwasson said:

Happy New Year, SportsLogos.net! And to kick off the New Year, I have a redesign of Kansas City's current ABA franchise that has been active since 2018, the Kansas City Grillers who get a massive facelift in this part of the series.

BRANDING

yBCe6sQ.png

For the logo, I asked the artist to make a basketball-shaped sirloin steak, I went with a color scheme consisting of a dark reddish brown, a super dark brown, salmon pink, and white. The font used for the wordmarks, insignias, and jersey numbers was Snappy Service. 

EXTRA HOME SCRIPTS & ROAD SCRIPTS PT. I

84tk3iN.png

There was a lot of wordmarks I made for this one, with the remainder of the road wordmarks being contained on the next slide

EXTRA ROAD SCRIPTS PT. II & INSIGNIAS

fS7n1xV.png

And here are the rest of the road wordmarks I put together, and the extra insignias.

HOME COURT

nibAR6e.png

On to the home court, the current-day ABA Grillers do play their home games inside the HyVee Arena (formerly known as Kemper Arena) right near the Kansas-Missouri stateline. 

UNIFORMS

IMaEOMf.png

I assembled together a 5-piece uniform set, with some "grill puns" for the dark brown and salmon pink alternates. 

This whole concept is so clever!

• Like 1

This one took a while, but we're finally onto the soccer/association football portion of this series, starting with a rollback rebrand of the MLS' Sporting KC back to their original name the Kansas City Wizards which they were known under from 1996 to 2010.

BRANDING

4LiDFR7.png

The logo here is a circular design with a wizard in the center and the words "Kansas City Wizards FC" sprinkled over, the color scheme is the same as Sporting KC's current color scheme. The font used for the wordmarks, insignias, and jersey numbers was Kelmscott.

EXTRA SCRIPTS & INSIGNIAS

FuPx4PK.png

Here are all the extra script & insignia logos, I put together, all crammed into one slide.

UNIFORMS

aVpanZt.png

This was my first time designing soccer uniforms, and I pretty much tried replicating Sporting KC's most recent sets with the striped home uniform, Adidas patches, and the Compass Minerals jersey sponsor. 

• Like 3

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Wizards (MLS)

Now we get on to the Kansas City Comets who have an interesting history with 3 different incarnations, the original Kansas City Comets were founded back in 1979 and played one inagural season in Detroit as the Detroit Lightning, then they moved to San Francisco for the 1980-81 season and became the San Francisco Phog, shortly after the Phog moved to Kansas City to become the Comets and the original Comets played in the Major Indoor Soccer League from 1981 to 1991. 

The second incarnation of the Comets began their franchise in 1989 when they were an expansion team based in Atlanta, Georgia known as the Atlanta Attack and were members of the National Professional Soccer League. In 1991, the Atlanta Attack moved to Kansas City and became the Kansas City Attack in place of the original Comets and were eventually moved into a brand new Major Indoor Soccer League in 2001 and rebranded themselves as the second incarnation of the Kansas City Comets who played in the second MISL until the league's folding in 2008.

2 years later, the current incarnation of the Kansas City Comets would be founded in 2010 as the Missouri Comets and members of the Major Arena Soccer League, they wouldn't officially change their name to the Kansas City Comets until 2016. 

For this part of the concept series, I commissioned the logo artist to reimagine the arena soccer Comets as a traditional association football club.

BRANDING

suuSpGI.png

I kept the Comets iconic blue and red color scheme for this one, the font used for the wordmarks, insignias, and jersey numbers was Space Capitan. 

EXTRA SCRIPTS & INSIGNIAS

Wcjp9lg.png

And here are the extra script/insignia logos I put together

UNIFORMS

j89RzZu.png

I did a simple red and blue home and away kit, with Hostess Brands as the jersey sponsor. 

• Love 1

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Comets (MASL)
On 2024-02-12 at 2:08 PM, maxwasson said:

This one took a while, but we're finally onto the soccer/association football portion of this series, starting with a rollback rebrand of the MLS' Sporting KC back to their original name the Kansas City Wizards which they were known under from 1996 to 2010.

The team were known as the Kansas City Wiz for their first season before the electronics store The Wiz threatened legal action.

N3sfHCgmrEyVg9C.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=0421e

The team changed the name to Kansas City Wizards for the 1997 season.  It was probably for the best that the team changed their name to something other than Wizards given that the team were near the bottom in both attendance and merch sales, and that Wizard is a rank in a certain organisation.

I do like the Kelmscott font for the Wordmark, but not for the player name as it's pretty hard to make out, though the 1 is pretty clear (though 1 is almost always worn by a goalkeeper and almost never by an outfield player). I also feel like there should be more colours on the shirt if you're going back to the Wizards name.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

The team were known as the Kansas City Wiz for their first season before the electronics store The Wiz threatened legal action.

N3sfHCgmrEyVg9C.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=0421e

The team changed the name to Kansas City Wizards for the 1997 season.  It was probably for the best that the team changed their name to something other than Wizards given that the team were near the bottom in both attendance and merch sales, and that Wizard is a rank in a certain organisation.

I do like the Kelmscott font for the Wordmark, but not for the player name as it's pretty hard to make out, though the 1 is pretty clear (though 1 is almost always worn by a goalkeeper and almost never by an outfield player). I also feel like there should be more colours on the shirt if you're going back to the Wizards name.

Maybe I'll look into doing a "classic colors" set for the Wizards, down the road

QNXVyki.png

To round out the soccer series, we have the Kansas City Spurs of the North American Soccer League, who were a short-lived member that started play in 1968 and then folded after the 1970 NASL season. 

BRANDING

Spurs-Branding.png

This modern reimagining of the NASL's Spurs features a violet and scarlet color scheme, with a spur on full display in the main logo. The font used for the wordmarks, insignias, and jersey numbers was Sansita Black.

EXTRA SCRIPTS AND INSIGNIAS

Spurs-Extra-Script-Logos-and-Insignias.p

And here are the extra script logos and insignias I made

UNIFORMS

Spurs-Uniforms.png

And for the Spurs uniforms, I put together a scarlet home kit and a violet away kit, with AMC Theatres as the jersey sponsor.

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Spurs (NASL)

And with that, the original Into the 816-Verse  series is complete!

Into-the-816-Verse.png

Notice how I said, "original" because we're not done yet!

spacer.png

Sooner than later, you will see an updated list of bonus concepts, and a new logo poster as my banner with all the new bonus concepts and a few that I've already done inside and outside this series. 

QNXVyki.png

The bonus concept series, starts off with a little bit of alternate history. We all know the Sacramento Kings franchise got their start as the Rochester Royals and they continued to use the "Royals" name until they moved to Kansas City as to not be confused for the baseball team of the same name, but what if they kept the "Royals" name and there was a baseball and a basketball Royals in town?. Not the first time this has happened, they're used to be a baseball and football Giants in New York and a baseball and football Cardinals in St. Louis. This concept also has the NBA's Royals/Kings staying in Kansas City.

BRANDING

Royals-Branding.png

The Royals' color scheme is the same purple, silver, and black as the current Kings color scheme, the fonts used to imitate the Kings' current typefaces were BFPortik000 Bold and Avionic Black.

EXTRA SCRIPT LOGOS

Royals-Extra-Script-Logos.png

And here are the extra wordmarks I put together

EXTRA INSIGNIAS & ALTERNATE LOGOS

Royals-Extra-Insignia-Logos.png

And here are the extra insignias I made, alongside extra alternate logos in different colors

COURTS

Royals-Home-Court.png

For the courts I have designed 3 of them, with the first one being the standard home court for the Royals

Royals-Home-Court-Black.png

And here is the Royals' black court based on the Kings' alternate black court from 2016 to 2022

Royals-Home-Court-City-Edition.png

And here is the Royals' City Edition court based on the Kings City Edition court from 2017 to 2019 complete with the Kansas City skyline on the floor.

UNIFORMS

Royals-Uniforms.png

For the uniforms I put together a 5-piece set, the home and away uniforms are based on the Kings home and away set from 2016 to 2023, the black alternate jersey combines elements from the Kings current road jersey and the Kings black alternate jersey from 2016 to 2023, I also made a gold alternate jersey based on the Kings gold alternate from 2005 to 2007, and the city uniform which is based on the Kings' city uniform from 2018 to 2019. 

• Love 1

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Spurs (NASL) + Kansas City Royals (NBA)

And here's a set of the NBA's Kansas City Royals with a classic blue and red color scheme reminiscent of the Kings' days in Kansas City and their first several years in Sacramento. 

BRANDING

Royals-Branding.png

For the blue and red here, I borrowed from the color scheme of the Kings' current city edition uniform

EXTRA SCRIPT & INSIGNIA LOGOS

Royals-Extra-Script-and-Insignia-Logos.p

And here are the extra script and insignia logos I put together, there's not as many this time with a more limited color scheme.

EXTRA ALTERNATE LOGOS

Royals-Extra-Alternate-Logos.png

And here are the extra alternate logos that were used in this concept, including a vertical "Royals" script logo used for the city edition uniform.

COURTS

Royals-Home-Court.png

For the classic colors set, there is 2 courts, a standard home court with the primary logo

And a city edition court based on the Sacramento Kings brand new city edition court with a blue, red, and silver color scheme.

UNIFORMS

Royals-Uniforms.png

For the uniforms, it's a 5-piece set with a home and away based on the Kansas City Kings home and away set in the 80s, a powder blue alternate jersey based on the Sacramento Kings road jersey from 1985-1990, a red alternate jersey which has never been worn by the Kings outside of one City Edition alt, and for the City Uniform it is a recreation of the Sacramento Kings current city uniform which is loosely based on the Cincinnati Royals uniforms from 1967-1971.

• Love 1

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Spurs (NASL) + Kansas City Royals (NBA) - Classic colors added

Part 3 of the NBA's Royals concludes with a set inspired by the baseball Royals with the blue, gold, and powder blue color scheme of the Major League Baseball franchise.

BRANDING

Royals-Branding.png

EXTRA SCRIPT LOGOS

Royals-Extra-Script-Logos.png

Here are the extra script logos I put together, there's noticeably a lot more scripts with the addition of powder blue to the color scheme.

EXTRA INSIGNIA & ALTERNATE LOGOS

Royals-Extra-Insignia-and-Alternate-Logo

And here are the extra insignia logos I put together and the extra alternate logos that were used in this concept.

COURTS

Royals-Home-Court.png

There are 2 home court designs in this set, a standard home court with a lighter hardwood than the other 2 NBA Royals sets (As for better contrast with the gold in the logo)

The City Edition court is largely based on the baseball Royals' city connect color scheme

UNIFORMS

Royals-Uniforms.png

As for the uniforms, this is the largest set of uniforms I've ever done for a basketball concept and there are 6 here with a white home loosely based on the Royals home alternates from 2016-2021, an away blue, a black alternate based on the Royals black alternates in the early to mid 2000s, a gold alternate uniform, and a powder blue alternate based on the Royals powder blue alternates worn from 2012-2021, and a "City Edition" uniform based on the Royals City Connect jerseys complete with a part of the skyline on the jersey.

BONUS LOGOS

Kings-Royals-Bonus-Logos.png

And to wrap things up, I assembled a wide array of different primary logos with Kings and Royals combinations, and several different location combinations based on the Kings' current and previous homes (Rochester, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Omaha, Sacramento) and a couple places the Kings almost moved to (St. Louis, Anaheim, Seattle, Virginia Beach)

Kings-Royals-Bonus-Small-Logos.png

There's also a set of small logos with these location/color combinations.

• Love 1

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Spurs (NASL) + Kansas City Royals (NBA) - Classic & Kauffman colors added

As requested by @BillFromPA here are the American Basketball League's Kansas City Steers who were a member of a short-lived rival league to the NBA that played only one full season in 1961-1962 with 8 teams and the champion of that lone season was the Kansas City Steers.

BRANDING

Steers-Branding.pngSteers-Branding.png

For the mascot, I had the artist I commissioned design a steer dribbling a basketball, the color scheme is red, brown, and white and the font used was Texas Troupe.

EXTRA SCRIPT LOGOS

Steers-Extra-Script-Logos.png

Here are the extra script logos I made for the Steers

EXTRA INSIGNIA LOGOS

Steers-Extra-Insignia-Logos.png

The rest of the road script logos and the extra insignias I had to put on this slide

HOME COURT

Steers-Home-Court.png

A modern day incarnation of the Steers would likely be playing home games at HyVee Arena near the stateline like a lot of the other semi-pro basketball teams based in Kansas City.

UNIFORMS

Steers-Uniforms.png

For the uniforms I put together a 4-piece set with a white home, a red away, a brown alternate and a gray alternate. 

• Like 2

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Steers (ABL)

Up next is another ABA franchise, the Kansas City Soul and for the history on this one, I couldn't find much information on, as it was scarce but what I was able to gather is that the Kansas City Soul played in the ABA from 2011-2020, and from 2011-2016 they were known as the "Missouri Rhythm", the team changed their name to the Kansas City Soul for the 2016-17 ABA season. 

BRANDING

Soul-Branding.png

I asked the artist I commissioned to draw a saxophone with a basketball being shot out, the color scheme is black and red which was the Soul's color scheme in the ABA. The font used for the wordmarks, insignias, and jersey numbers was Wensley. 

EXTRA SCRIPT LOGOS

Soul-Extra-Script-Logos.png

Here are the extra script logos I put together, I also made a city edition set with a special court and alternate uniform, the font used for the city edition script logos was Young 20's

EXTRA INSIGNIA LOGOS

Soul-Extra-Insignia-Logos.png

Here are the extra insignia logos I made, there's not a ton because it's a small color scheme and on the right is the city edition of the main logo.

COURTS

Soul-Home-Court.png

For the Soul, I made 2 courts above here is the standard home court, and since the Soul played their home games in Grandview, Missouri there is no arena logo, like on the other ABA courts.

Soul-Home-Court-City-Edition.png

And here is the city edition court, that evokes the "Soul" of Kansas City and its jazz/nightlife culture

UNIFORMS

Soul-Uniforms.png

For the uniforms, I put together a 4-piece set with a white home, a red away, a black alternate, and a midnight blue city edition uniform. 

• Like 1

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Steers (ABL) + Kansas City Soul (ABA)
1 hour ago, maxwasson said:

For the Soul, I made 2 courts above here is the standard home court, and since the Soul played their home games in Grandview, Missouri there is no arena logo, like on the other ABA courts.

I lived in Grandview all my life until I moved recently, and I didn't know a team played in Grandview.

0JZafhY.gif7YcM9pl.gif

qsNLfmj.gifbIW6GIL.gif