DCarp1231’s Best & Worst Matchups of NFL Week 2

First things first, I’d like to thank @infrared41 for his dedicated years of doing these threads. I’ll try my best to keep it alive.

Lets hop in to it-

Best

Packers @ Falcons

The Atlanta throwbacks really tied this game together for me (Even if I’m not a huge fan of GB’s uniforms).

spacer.png

Raiders @ Bills

I was in Buffalo, but left town a day before this game. Wish I stuck around for it. An all-time matchup when the Bills don’t go blueberry on us.

spacer.png

Dolphins @ Patriots

Phew, cream of the crop for this week. So much vibrancy. Miami sacrificed what could’ve been a true throwback game in order to wear aqua pants and it all worked out magnificently. Well done for the Sunday night cap.

spacer.png

Honorable Mention

Chiefs @ Jaguars

Much like Miami-New England, a ton of vibrancy, but Jacksonville opting for white socks threw the whole look off. KC is par for the course.

spacer.png

Worst

Giants @ Cardinals

Too much red. Puke inducing. Death to the white pants. Enough said.

spacer.png

Browns @ Steelers

Hate Pittsburgh’s number font. Hated the grotesque white helmets for Cleveland even more.

spacer.png

Wild Card

Bears @ Buccaneers 

Up in the air on this one. Once again a very vibrant game thanks to Chicago’s orange helmet and jersey combo in the Florida sun, but it’s not something I’m overly excited about. It’s fine for a one-off game this early in the season.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Best List: You went two for four with #1 and #2 being correct. You're kidding with #3 and #4, right?

Worst List: The Giants cancel out the Cardinals so you're wrong on that one. Browns - Steelers looked more than good enough to avoid a spot on the worst list.

Wildcard: I kind of agree, but I can't get past how silly the Bears look in orange. Maybe if it were another team.

When you asked me if you could take this over, I was a little reluctant, but then I realized I could sit here and snipe from the sidelines. This is going to be fun. 😎

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • LOL 4

BB52Big.jpg

6 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Best List: You went two for four with #1 and #2 being correct. You're kidding with #3 and #4, right?

Worst List: The Giants cancel out the Cardinals so you're wrong on that one. Browns - Steelers looked more than good enough to avoid a spot on the worst list.

Wildcard: I kind of agree, but I can't get past how silly the Bears look in orange. Maybe if it were another team.

When you asked me if you could take this over, I was a little reluctant, but then I realized I could sit here and snipe from the sidelines. This is going to be fun. 😎

• Oh, I’m not kidding at all

• For a team with a long standing nickname of “Big Blue”, they ain’t exactly ya know… blue. Arizona could’ve went white pants.

• Meh, agree to disagree on CLE-PIT

• I look forward to the shots. Cheers 😎

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 9/20/2023 at 10:59 PM, infrared41 said:

Please expand on this snipe, both games looked great.

Browns-Steelers matchup does not earn a worst slot IMO. Arguably belongs as an honorable mention, though I would agree the orange helmet is superior and the white alt helmet was never necessary.

20 hours ago, VikWings said:

We need a retroactive Week 1 list. 😎 

3 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Because the Vikings need to be on it.

Co-signed.

Just saw that it was posted 😎 

https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/127286-dcarp1231’s-retroactive-best-and-worst-matchups-of-nfl-week-1/#comment-3360353

• Like 3

On 9/20/2023 at 8:27 PM, DCarp1231 said:

spacer.png

Again.. Anytime the Dolphins combo white jerseys w/ aqua pants on the it's a W.

Miami has one of the better modern uniforms we have in the NFL. I feel they way go underappreciated.

• Like 4

6uXNWAo.png

On 9/23/2023 at 8:38 AM, Cujo said:

Again.. Anytime the Dolphins combo white jerseys w/ aqua pants on the it's a W.

Miami has one of the better modern uniforms we have in the NFL. I feel they way go underappreciated.

Since they dropped the blue outlines the only real problems with the Dolphins uniforms is the logo. Any helmet wearing Dolphin is better than the soulless resort/cruise line/toothpaste one.

2 hours ago, VikWings said:

Since they dropped the blue outlines the only real problems with the Dolphins uniforms is the logo

Disagree. I think Miami nailed their new logo. (Do we call it the Cyberdolphin?)

Glad Miami moved off theor previous logo, as it would look sooo out of place with their current uniform. To add, cute animals/dudes wearing a helmets in logos got pretty campy and outdated, like some of their contemporaries at the time.

Miami Dolphins NFL Schedule Leaks? (Updated 5/10/22) – The Dolphin Seer                  328.gifDenver Broncos Logo and symbol, meaning, history, PNG, brand

Old school | Dallas cowboys logo, Dallas cowboys, Dallas cowboys tattoohouston oilers logo black and white, Today's Deals - Up To 61% Off

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

6uXNWAo.png