This is the UFL! (XFL/USFL Merger)

Cujo

4 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

Week 1 they needed these teams to host:

DC, Michigan, St. Louis and Birmingham. 

DC v. Houston game 1 in prime time. 

Birmingham v. Arlington the next day in the afternoon game 1

Michigan v. San Antonio middle of the day, game 3

St. Louis v. Memphis prime time regional rivalry with huge crowd. 

I get what they're trying to do but the XFL already tried to make Arlington happen in game 1 last time and it was a moderate flop. It's a baseball stadium that struggles to have atmosphere. 

Same day as Game two of the 2024 MLB Season where the Texas Rangers will try to defend their championship, although that one is at 6:05 PM Central.  Afternoon is better for that because it would be a huge mistake on the league if they made Birmingham vs. Arlington in Arlington on Primetime.  

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

As far as rules, the UFL will be going with the USFL for kickoffs

Wow, I am surprised by this.  I was thinking that the XFL kickoff rule, which prioritises safety while still encouraging returns, would be the one that survives.  That rule was so good that there were several people saying that the NFL should consider it.

• Like 4

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Just now, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Wow, I am surprised by this.  I was thinking that the XFL kickoff rule, which prioritises safety while still encouraging returns, would be the one that survives.  That rule was so good that there were several people saying that the NFL should consider it.

That's what I'm hearing in regards to Anthony Becht discussing some of the rule book last week. The USFL version required less explanation on how it was to be conducted to the referees than the XFL version. 

• Facepalm 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

That's what I'm hearing in regards to Anthony Becht discussing some of the rule book last week. The USFL version required less explanation on how it was to be conducted to the referees than the XFL version. 

Thing is, if the NFL keeps kickoffs over the next decade-plus... they're gonna look like the XFL kickoffs did. Far less 'full speed' impacts but the excitement of a possible return. I doubt they'd go the AAF 4th and 15/4th and 12 route.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

As far as rules, the UFL will be going with the USFL for kickoffs and the XFL for PAT opportunities.

What exactly are those rules again?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

7 hours ago, Chawls said:

What exactly are those rules again?

USFL Rules

– The place kicker must send it away from their own 20 yard line, which starkly contrasts the NFL (35 yard line).

– Kicking team members must line up within one yard behind the 20 and must be stationary when the ball is kicked.

– Receiving teams must have 8-9 players in the “set up zone”, which is between the 30-40 yard line (kicking side).

– A touchback still places the football at the 25 yard line. However, a kick out of bounds puts the receiving team at midfield (NFL: 40).

XFL rule: The kicker lines up at his 30-yard line, with the other 10 members of the kickoff team lining up at the opponent's 35 -- 5 yards away from the returning team. Only the kicker and one returner can move until the ball is fielded. Touchbacks are spotted at the 35-yard line.

NFL rule: Kicking team lines up at its 35-yard line, with eight members of the return team within 15 yards. No double-team blocks allowed. Touchbacks are spotted at the 25-yard line.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

I didn't pay much attention to the USFL kickoffs, so were there any touchdowns using the rule?  

They had a few. I believe they had at least as twice as many as the XFL last year,

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 1/8/2024 at 9:41 AM, MJWalker45 said:

As far as rules, the UFL will be going with the USFL for kickoffs and the XFL for PAT opportunities.

More follow up from the Comeback Period. It's also interesting to see that Northwestern wanted Holtz permanently and he told them no, because he prefers the Stallions head coach job. I think that says a lot about what he thinks about the league. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

That league that has Art Briles as one of its coaches has an announcement to make:

INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL ALLIANCE... - International Football Alliance | Facebook

INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL ALLIANCE EXPANDS ITS HORIZONS WITH ADDITION OF 4 NEW TEAMS
Las Vegas, Nevada - The International Football Alliance (IFA) is thrilled to announce the expansion of its league with the addition of 4 exciting new teams in prominent cities across the United States. Embracing a vision of growth and community engagement, the IFA welcomes new franchises in the Gulf Coast, Louisiana, Alabama, and Tampa Bay. The decision to expand the league reflects the IFA's commitment to providing fans with an enriched and dynamic football experience. The inclusion of these vibrant cities not only broadens the geographical footprint of the IFA, but also aims to foster a deeper connection with diverse communities and sports enthusiasts.
"We are excited to welcome these new teams into the International Football Alliance family," said Brock Sunderland, President of Operations for the IFA. "The addition of franchises in Gulf Coast, Louisiana, Alabama, and Tampa Bay represents a strategic move to strengthen our league and create a more inclusive and engaging platform for players and fans alike."
To commemorate this significant expansion, the IFA ownerships have collectively decided to launch the upcoming season in the spring of 2025. This deliberate choice aims to give the league in 2025 a robust initial kickoff of 10 teams (1 more location/team TBA), instead of the original 5 for 2024, ensuring an unforgettable start for players, fans, and communities. The decision aligns with the IFA's dedication to delivering a high-quality football experience while creating lasting connections with local communities.
"We believe that starting the league in the spring of 2025 will set the stage for an extraordinary season," added Jason Adams, Director of Operations. "This strategic timing allows us to build momentum, generate excitement, and provide the players and fans with the exceptional experience they deserve."
The IFA is committed to maintaining the highest standards of competition, sportsmanship, and community engagement. The addition of 4 new teams, and the decision to kick off the league in the spring of 2025, underscore the IFA's ongoing dedication to elevating the world of football and creating lasting memories for players and fans alike.
IFA INAUGURAL CITIES:
· Cancun, Mexico
· Guadalajara, Mexico
· Chihuahua, Mexico
· Tampa Bay, Florida
· Las Vegas, Nevada
· Dallas, Texas
· Alabama (location TBA)
· Gulf Coast, Louisiana
· Portland, Oregon
· 1 Team (location TBA)
Official Team Names & Colors TBA

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

That league that has Art Briles as one of its coaches has an announcement to make:

INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL ALLIANCE... - International Football Alliance | Facebook

Are they counting on those players not making the UFL dispersal draft to jump down to this league? I'd think it's more likely they go to the IFL, CFL, or just sit out and wait for a call from the UFL. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Not a fan of Spring Leagues but if the USFL completely took over the XFL. Using USFL trademarks for all teams:

EAST

Birmingham Stallions 

Stadium: Protective Stadium

Memphis Showboats 

Stadium: Simmons Bank Liberty Stadium

Orlando Renegades 

Stadium: FBC Mortgage Stadium

New Orleans Breakers 

Stadium: Yulman Stadium

WEST

Arizona Wranglers 

Stadium: Mountain America Stadium

Houston Gamblers

Temporary Stadium: Rice Stadium 

Stadium: TDECU Stadium

San Antonio Outlaws

Stadium: Alamodome

St. Louis Blitz 

Stadium: The Dome at America's Center

4 minutes ago, BottomlessPitt said:

Not a fan of Spring Leagues but if the USFL completely took over the XFL. Using USFL trademarks for all teams:

EAST

Birmingham Stallions 

Stadium: Protective Stadium

Memphis Showboats 

Stadium: Simmons Bank Liberty Stadium

Orlando Renegades 

Stadium: FBC Mortgage Stadium

New Orleans Breakers 

Stadium: Yulman Stadium

WEST

Arizona Wranglers 

Stadium: Mountain America Stadium

Houston Gamblers

Temporary Stadium: Rice Stadium 

Stadium: TDECU Stadium

San Antonio Outlaws

Stadium: Alamodome

St. Louis Blitz 

Stadium: The Dome at America's Center

They didn't take over the XFL.🤨

7 minutes ago, BottomlessPitt said:

I said but if. Dummy. 

Why are you posting random ideas in the thread about the actual league? There's a whole other thread for that so we don't clog up actual real discussions with things that don't have anything to do with the actual topic. And this isn't the first time you've done this, and yet you're calling ME the Dummy.🤦‍♂️

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, McCall said:

Why are you posting random ideas in the thread about the actual league? There's a whole other thread for that so we don't clog up actual real discussions with things that don't have anything to do with the actual topic. And this isn't the first time you've done this, and yet you're calling ME the Dummy.🤦‍♂️

You know this league will fold eventually. 

• LOL 1
  • Yawn 4
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 1

20 hours ago, BottomlessPitt said:

You know this league will fold eventually. 

If you don't want this league to work, just don't comment on it. There are some of us who enjoy having a team to support that's 20 minutes away instead of 20 hours away. I'm looking forward to this year and intend to enjoy it while I can. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png