This is the UFL! (XFL/USFL Merger)

Cujo

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

Yeah. Their “primary” logo reminds me of the logo for the Repliforce from Mega Man X4

spacer.png

spacer.png

Only so many ways you can design a letter but all I can think of seeing the Renegades’ primary is wondering what I’m fighting for or how to stop a “coop”

It looks good for what it was designed to be; a 'DR' secondary logo, not an 'AR' primary logo.

2 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Yeah. Their “primary” logo reminds me of the logo for the Repliforce from Mega Man X4

spacer.png

spacer.png

Only so many ways you can design a letter but all I can think of seeing the Renegades’ primary is wondering what I’m fighting for or how to stop a “coop”

What did they design that ugly Renegades logo fooooooorrrrrrrrrr??????

• LOL 1
  • Dislike 1

64h7xHy.png

I'm going to guess this should be happening for all of the teams, but at least the Brahmas have announced a meet and greet at the Alamodome for season ticket holders. Unfortunately, I don't know if there would be any players involved since they should be getting ready for training camps the next week. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 2/12/2024 at 11:46 AM, GDAWG said:

This man's delusion still continues:

20 teams to start!?!?!? Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure how viable that is when they are looking to play in a 5,000 seat stadium in Salt Lake. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 2/12/2024 at 11:46 AM, GDAWG said:

This man's delusion still continues:

As a kid I’d create whole pen and paper leagues of the elementary schools in my district with that peg, board and dice football game (I don’t know the specific name for it). Lots of fun and designing the uniforms were my favorite part of it. The difference is I stopped when I was 10.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

16 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

As a kid I’d create whole pen and paper leagues of the elementary schools in my district with that peg, board and dice football game (I don’t know the specific name for it). Lots of fun and designing the uniforms were my favorite part of it. The difference is I stopped when I was 10.

As someone who's been making fictional teams well through his teens and entering his 20s, it's still super fun, but I'm not nearly delusional enough to think I could start an actual fully-fledged football league that could survive any longer than 4 days.

• Like 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

https://www.theufl.com/news/united-football-league-rules-for-2024-announced

The rules have been confirmed.

2024 UFL RULES HIGHLIGHTS

Points After Touchdown

Teams will have three scrimmage play (run/pass) options following a touchdown.

2-yard line = 1 point for a successful try
5-yard line = 2 points for a successful try
10-yard line = 3 points for a successful try

Kickoffs

Kickoffs will look like more traditional college/NFL kickoffs but will take place from the 20-yard line of the kicking team. A kickoff out of bounds will give possession to the receiving team 30 yards from the spot of the kickoff or at the spot where the ball went out of bounds. A kickoff that is untouched by the receiving team may only be recovered by the kicking team up to 20 yards from the spot of the kick.

Other Kicking/Touchback Rules

All touchbacks on kicks (punts or kickoffs) will be placed at the receiving team's 25-yard line. Any punt that goes out of bounds inside the receiving team's 25-yard line will be considered a touchback and placed at the 25-yard line. Non-kicking touchbacks will also be placed at the 25-yard line.

Alternate Possession Option

While onside kicks are allowed at any time during the game, teams will have an alternate option to retain possession in the fourth quarter. If a team is tied or behind during the fourth quarter, it may elect to retain possession after a score with a 4th-and-12 from its own 28-yard line.

Two Forward Passes

Teams will be allowed, as they were in both leagues last season, to throw two forward passes on one play. The ball cannot cross the line of scrimmage at any time prior to the second forward pass being thrown.

Catch Definition

A completed catch or interception is defined as a player securing control of the ball prior to the ball touching the ground; and touching the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands.

Defensive Pass Interference

Defensive pass interference will result in a 15-yard penalty or a spot foul if the foul occurred less than 15 yards downfield. Intentional defensive pass interference will result in a spot foul if it is beyond 15 yards downfield.

Replay Reviews

Designated members of the officiating department may stop a game at any time before the ball is next legally put in play to review a play if the play is reviewable, there is reasonable evidence to believe an error was made in the initial ruling and it would have a direct, competitive impact on the game. These reviews will be made from a secure location separate from the site of the game. Any call or non-call related to player safety is also subject to review at any point during the game, as well as any officiating ruling in the last five minutes of the fourth quarter or overtime that is obviously incorrect and will have a significant impact on the outcome of the game.

Coach Challenges

Each coach may challenge any ruling, including fouls or potential fouls, one time during the course of a contest, provided the team has a timeout remaining. A successful challenge will not result in a loss of a timeout, while the timeout is lost if the challenge is unsuccessful.

Overtime

Overtime will consist of alternating attempts to score from the opponent's 5-yard line with no kicks allowed. It will be a best-of-three format or until a winner has been determined.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

20 teams to start!?!?!? Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure how viable that is when they are looking to play in a 5,000 seat stadium in Salt Lake. 

He says one of those teams is in New York and says that the reason is because the Jets and Giants play in New Jersey.  Said in a prior video that they had planned on a team in Dallas that was supposed to play at Choctaw Stadium but that didn't work out.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

He says one of those teams is in New York and says that the reason is because the Jets and Giants play in New Jersey.  Said in a prior video that they had planned on a team in Dallas that was supposed to play at Choctaw Stadium but that didn't work out.  

Feels like there’s going to wind up being a bunch of trolls who dedicate their time to making this guy think his delusions could become a reality. Judging by the “Choctaw Stadium” plan, this may have already happened.  

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

Feels like there’s going to wind up being a bunch of trolls who dedicate their time to making this guy think his delusions could become a reality. Judging by the “Choctaw Stadium” plan, this may have already happened.  

He says his league would play on Sundays in the fall and said that if there had been a Dallas team, that team would play at home in Choctaw Stadium while the Cowboys play on the road but later pivoted to non-NFL markets like San Antonio.  The UFL will allow players to explore NFL options at the end of their season but I feel like this guy won't allow his players to explore that option, which would be a mistake.  

• Like 1

He’s also a great argument for the idea that getting rid of nuthouses was a horrible mistake, should be immediately rectified and never be repeated. 

Has this guy said where he’s getting the money for this league? I’m sure The Kingdom of Make Believe might be interested. I know King Friday sure loves his pigskin. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.theufl.com/news/united-football-league-rules-for-2024-announced

The rules have been confirmed.

2024 UFL RULES HIGHLIGHTS

Points After Touchdown

Teams will have three scrimmage play (run/pass) options following a touchdown.

2-yard line = 1 point for a successful try
5-yard line = 2 points for a successful try
10-yard line = 3 points for a successful try

Kickoffs

Kickoffs will look like more traditional college/NFL kickoffs but will take place from the 20-yard line of the kicking team. A kickoff out of bounds will give possession to the receiving team 30 yards from the spot of the kickoff or at the spot where the ball went out of bounds. A kickoff that is untouched by the receiving team may only be recovered by the kicking team up to 20 yards from the spot of the kick.

Other Kicking/Touchback Rules

All touchbacks on kicks (punts or kickoffs) will be placed at the receiving team's 25-yard line. Any punt that goes out of bounds inside the receiving team's 25-yard line will be considered a touchback and placed at the 25-yard line. Non-kicking touchbacks will also be placed at the 25-yard line.

Alternate Possession Option

While onside kicks are allowed at any time during the game, teams will have an alternate option to retain possession in the fourth quarter. If a team is tied or behind during the fourth quarter, it may elect to retain possession after a score with a 4th-and-12 from its own 28-yard line.

Two Forward Passes

Teams will be allowed, as they were in both leagues last season, to throw two forward passes on one play. The ball cannot cross the line of scrimmage at any time prior to the second forward pass being thrown.

Catch Definition

A completed catch or interception is defined as a player securing control of the ball prior to the ball touching the ground; and touching the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands.

Defensive Pass Interference

Defensive pass interference will result in a 15-yard penalty or a spot foul if the foul occurred less than 15 yards downfield. Intentional defensive pass interference will result in a spot foul if it is beyond 15 yards downfield.

Replay Reviews

Designated members of the officiating department may stop a game at any time before the ball is next legally put in play to review a play if the play is reviewable, there is reasonable evidence to believe an error was made in the initial ruling and it would have a direct, competitive impact on the game. These reviews will be made from a secure location separate from the site of the game. Any call or non-call related to player safety is also subject to review at any point during the game, as well as any officiating ruling in the last five minutes of the fourth quarter or overtime that is obviously incorrect and will have a significant impact on the outcome of the game.

Coach Challenges

Each coach may challenge any ruling, including fouls or potential fouls, one time during the course of a contest, provided the team has a timeout remaining. A successful challenge will not result in a loss of a timeout, while the timeout is lost if the challenge is unsuccessful.

Overtime

Overtime will consist of alternating attempts to score from the opponent's 5-yard line with no kicks allowed. It will be a best-of-three format or until a winner has been determined.

NFL needs to adopt the 4th rule on that list (the "Alternate Possession Option" rule), seeing as the NFL's kickoff rules have virtually rendered onside kicks useless.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

YOZXkBG.png?1

Hell yeah to McCarron coming back.  The league needs names.

As far as the rules, was there any clarification if they'll have the "no running until the receiver touches the kickoff" stipulation again?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

Hell yeah to McCarron coming back.  The league needs names.

As far as the rules, was there any clarification if they'll have the "no running until the receiver touches the kickoff" stipulation again?

From earlier in this thread:

Kickoffs

It's where I sit.