This is the UFL! (XFL/USFL Merger)

Cujo

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Taulia, younger brother of Tua Tagovailoa , has had quite the interesting few months following the end of the 2023 CFB season.

First, he opts out of Maryland’s bowl game vs Auburn.

Second, he enters the transfer portal to seek a 6th year of eligibility and promptly gets denied.

Thirdly, he plays in the East-West Shrine game for Maryland (which personally if I was Maryland Athletics, I wouldn’t allow after he tried to jump ship).

Fourthly, he did not receive an invite to the 2024 Combine.

Fifthly, he reportedly sucked at his Pro Day.

Get ready to learn UFL, Buddy.

Tua will probably push to get him signed to the Dolphins PS or something.  He'll do everything under the sun for at least a year or two before going to the UFL, because while to the average person like you and me, the UFL is the obvious option, but to a dope like Taulia, it's better to rot on a dozen practice squads than to lower himself to this league.

• Like 3
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Tua will probably push to get him signed to the Dolphins PS or something.  He'll do everything under the sun for at least a year or two before going to the UFL, because while to the average person like you and me, the UFL is the obvious option, but to a dope like Taulia, it's better to rot on a dozen practice squads than to lower himself to this league.

He’ll most definitely cling to Miami’s PS as long as he can and wonder why no other teams want him after demanding to be promoted to the active roster or traded not realizing a PS player has no power in that. When Mike McDaniel finally tells him he’s no better than a dried out wet flab of bologna, he’ll get the message and dip out of the league.

Just now, FrutigerAero said:

Can someone explain the Hub City model to me?  I looked it up and couldn't find a good explanation.

That was the USFL model, where for year one (2022) all teams played in Birmingham and Canton. For year two (2023) four cities shared space for 2 teams each. The XFL used one location for practice facilities, but each team played in it's actual home market, so they are not considered "hub cities". 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

That was the USFL model, where for year one (2022) all teams played in Birmingham and Canton. For year two (2023) four cities shared space for 2 teams each. The XFL used one location for practice facilities, but each team played in it's actual home market, so they are not considered "hub cities". 

Only the 2022 Championship game was in Canton. And that was only a late move after they found out neither stadium in Birmingham would be available due to the World Games, otherwise every game would've been there.

On 3/31/2024 at 5:52 PM, MJWalker45 said:

I think if this game had been the 3PM game, they could have gotten more fans, but not much more beyond 15,000. Houston was hurt by the look of poor weather and an older stadium, but hopefully those numbers improve too. I was walking back to the garage from the stadium and some people were like, "they played today"? I will say that the ads are much more prevalent than last year so hopefully we see 15,000-18,000 for the next home game. It's against St. Louis so I'd expect to get to 15,000 easily. 

The team today was much more energetic than last year. Not losing half the OL this time probably helps. Having a coach that's more willing to go for it, even on 4th and 3 on our side of the field feels so much better. 

I too think if it were the late game attendance would have been higher... but still Easter.

If we win this weekend, I expect more than 20k in the dome for St. Louis.  Brahmas got a LOT of publicity on the sports shows and across YouTube due to the ballsy calls.  Also, Brad Wing is a character.  They need to put the mic closer to his face.  He's not the type to lean forward.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2024 at 11:29 AM, CS85 said:

Stallions v. Renegades

• Matt Corral is an intriguing talent
  • The Renegades can suck it

Battlehawks v. Panthers

• Great uniform matchup
  • Not a great turnout.  Easter/Elite Eight weekend didn't help, but I hope those numbers turn around, for everybody's sake
  • McCarron may not finish the season if his line doesn't give him more protection.  He's gonna get rolled up on one of these games.
  • EJ Perry is once, twice, three times a Panther, and he was solid.  Gutsy draw at the goal line, knowing he was going to get rocked. He puts on a good show with his legs, somebody to keep an eye on as the season gets going.
  • The color commentator was peaking all over with his mic levels.  Annoying.
  • Jake Bates is going to be an NFLer this season if he keeps this up.

Showboats v. Roughnecks aka Broke-Ass Wal-Mart Oilers

• Houston continues to have probably the worst uniforms in the sport.  Just awful.
  • Darius Victor, 30 years old, the Liberian Loveboat, gave CTE the stiffarm (for now) with some tough runs.  Not many good runs, but ya know, tough-like.
  • Case Cookus sucks.
  • Daewood Davis is someone to keep an eye on.
  • TJ Pledger confused me.  For a minute I thought his name was "Pleasure," so when the broadcaster said that Guarantano found Pleasure, I stifled a giggle.
  • Sage Surratt's name being called reminded me of the existence of Chazz Surratt, who never amounted to much.  Bummer, I really liked Chazz coming out of college.
  • Game ending on a muffed punt kinda blew, but hey, UFL football baybay.

Defenders v. Brahmas

• McFarland returning the opening kickoff with one shoe is peak UFL.
  • Keep the name Pooka Williams in mind.  He's in the running (from the cops) for the UFL's Bad Boy candidate of the year.
  • Cool red zone play by SA, fake shovel pass into an end around.  Didn't score, but I liked the concept.
  • Love the optical measurement of the 4th down.  Again, another brilliant thing the NFL should adopt, but probably won't because the officials wouldn't be able to shave points.
  • Big swollen balls call by the Brahmas to let their punter chuck a deep ball for a touchdown just before half.  Caught by the center, no less!  The UFL needs to encourage this kind of stuff.  Go wild.
  • Jordan Ta'amu fumbling for no reason,  then completing a no-look whoopedy-doo spinning pass while taking a hit is what this league is all about.
  • Jean DeLance not only committing a false start, then spitting on a guy is the inaugural, and thus eponyous recipient of the Jean DeLance Award for Being a Sports Dumbass.

delance-award.png

I totally approve of the Jean DeLance Dumbass Award.  Needs to happen every week.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, CS85 said:

The lemons were just the beginning.  Someday there will be another seemingly harmless promotion that will result in meme-actions aplenty once more.  The league may publicly poo-poo things like hurling lemons, but they need that kind of organic tomfoolery to generate buzz.

Sorry, it's never OK to throw things on the field.  Have your fun otherwise, but don't become the lemon-chuckers of the UFL.  (See Cleveland or Philly for how bad that could get)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Eyeroll 1

22 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

He’ll most definitely cling to Miami’s PS as long as he can and wonder why no other teams want him after demanding to be promoted to the active roster or traded not realizing a PS player has no power in that. When Mike McDaniel finally tells him he’s no better than a dried out wet flab of bologna, he’ll get the message and dip out of the league.

Taulia was an above average  college quarterback, but I never felt like he quite lived up to the hype.  He usually made at least 1-2 bad reads/decisions in every game and cost Maryland chances in games against the giants of the B1G (Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State) . . . though a solid argument could be made that they wouldn't have been in any of those games without him.

I have been saying for two years that I think he will go undrafted.  I would be surprised if he has any kind of NFL career beyond a practice squad.  Playing in the UFL would at least give him a chance to gain more game experience, which might help him develop more and kick some of his bad habits. 

• Like 3

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

5 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I don’t know if it’s the team or the league, but seems to be an absolute zero tolerance policy if spitting gets you cut

He false started at least 3 times as well, from what I saw at the game. That false start that was finally challenged cost them 6 points, then cost them an interception to seal the win for the Brahmas. In the NFL he's probably sitting 4-6 games for spitting, and in a league with only 10 games it's easier to get rid of him and let another team take the risk on him later if they need an offensive lineman. I also think he was a repeat offender during the game based on some of the hot mic conversations during the game. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

j0j9wf33e6sc1.jpeg

In a move that surprised no one . . . 

This looks like a cover for a 90s Madden game.

image_18f98490-ebbc-45ac-ab75-39cef36888

Also there's no shortage of guys that can come in and play DL for UFL squads.  Guy is a jackass and can find work elsewhere, at a Waffle House or something.

• Like 3
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Watching Brahmas at Showboats, it's interesting that they are not using drones. They're going with the skycam. So far, Arlington and Houston are using drones, but no one else who's hosted games. 

Brahmas have been their own worst enemy. 6 penalties on 3rd down kept Showboat drives alive today. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png